Windows 10: Windows 10 files moved, desktop background gone & various other issues

Discus and support Windows 10 files moved, desktop background gone & various other issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I started up my computer, running on Windows 10 which I’ve been using for years, the other day, I noticed that my desktop background had been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KindoNints, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Windows 10 files moved, desktop background gone & various other issues

When I started up my computer, running on Windows 10 which I’ve been using for years, the other day, I noticed that my desktop background had been removed, with only some of my desktop icons present.I then noticed that my taskbar was missing all icons except for Microsoft Edge, file explorer, Microsoft store and Mail.The second part to the problem was that all my files, in the “Desktop”, “Documents”, “Music” etc. folders, from the “This PC” area in file explorer, were missing, and instead were located in the folders in the location:C:\Users\My NameThe final problem I have encountered is th

:)

KindoNints, Jul 5, 2021

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 5, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Jul 5, 2021
  4. Windows 10 files moved, desktop background gone & various other issues

After installing the updates, desktop background pictures dissapeared.

Hi Lucky,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

This type of issue might occur because of some missing, corrupt or damaged files in your system.

Initially, I suggest you to try the below method and later you can try to set the desktop background and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Now, follow the below steps to set desktop background.

• Right click on your desktop background and click on Personalize.
    • Click on Background list box and select pictures.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 files moved, desktop background gone & various other issues

1. Windows 10 files moved, desktop background gone & various other issues - Similar Threads - files moved desktop

2. Daily updated desktop background is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily updated desktop background is gone: After my most recent Windows 11 update a few days ago, my daily updated desktop background disappeared and was replaced with a black screen. If I go to display settings, there are options to change the screen with a solid color or fixed image, but not with a daily updated...
  3. Daily updated desktop background is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Daily updated desktop background is gone: After my most recent Windows 11 update a few days ago, my daily updated desktop background disappeared and was replaced with a black screen. If I go to display settings, there are options to change the screen with a solid color or fixed image, but not with a daily updated...
  4. Moving desktop to other drive issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving desktop to other drive issue: Hello everyone,I recently change my ssd due to hardware failure. My new ssd showed 2 driveLocal C and Local D which has the same storage spaces of 250gb. I've heard over the internet that some people locate their personal files on the Local D drive, while locate all the...
  5. Moving desktop to other drive issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving desktop to other drive issue: Hello everyone,I recently change my ssd due to hardware failure. My new ssd showed 2 driveLocal C and Local D which has the same storage spaces of 250gb. I've heard over the internet that some people locate their personal files on the Local D drive, while locate all the...
  6. Moving desktop to other drive issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop Background Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background Issues: I have my desktop set as a slideshow. While most of the pictures have no issues, a handful show up as streaked, with weird shadows, or distortions. One image even has a weird line on it. Here are some examples: [IMG][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] They are all .png images, but...
  8. Desktop Background Gone after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background Gone after update: The desktop background on my laptop has disappeared after today's major update. I believe it was synced with my Desktop computer. How do I restore it? Do I have to do a system restore, which would be ridiculous. Windows 10 Pro Version: 1903 OS Build: 18362.267 thanks 137744
  9. Desktop Background Gone after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Background Gone after update: The desktop background on my laptop has disappeared after today's major update. I believe it was synced with my Desktop computer. How do I restore it? Do I have to do a system restore, which would be ridiculous. Windows 10 Pro Version: 1903 OS Build: 18362.267 thanks 137744
  10. Desktop file 'gone'

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop file 'gone': After the latest updates (2 days ago) I got the message that backing up & synchronizing in Edge is no longer possible because the map Desktop cannot be traced, and would I be so kind to "Search or Stop synchronizing." A Search only results in "Desktop - This map is empty"....