Windows 10: Windows 10, filling up my temp files non stop.

Discus and support Windows 10, filling up my temp files non stop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello All, I have just recently upgraded from Windows 10 Build 1511 to 1909 due to windows being stuck in a update cycle that would fail every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Evil_Horseradish, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10, filling up my temp files non stop.

Hello All, I have just recently upgraded from Windows 10 Build 1511 to 1909 due to windows being stuck in a update cycle that would fail every time I booted up my system and lock me out of my computer hours of a day.

It's been 1 week since I updated my Windows build, now yet again there is new problems and not sure what's causing it, but i've located the issue.

My C:Windows temp folder fills up all the way non stop, these are some of the files that keep appearing.

Application_EA0A3818-DA8B-0000-2E1D-10EA8BDAD501

AppxErrorReport_EA0A3818-DA8B-0000-2E1D-10EA8BDAD501

Microsoft-Windows-AppReadiness_Admin_EA0A3818-DA8B-0001-4F7A-0FEA8BDAD501

Microsoft-Windows-AppReadiness_Operational_EA0A3818-DA8B-0003-FCA1-0FEA8BDAD501

Microsoft-Windows-AppXPackaging_Operational_EA0A3818-DA8B-0001-4F7A-0FEA8BDAD501

System_EA0A3818-DA8B-0003-1FDD-0FEA8BDAD501

it;s creating files like these every minute and slowing my computer down a lot, and fills up my entire hard drive in hours.. i've googled some of these items but not getting any info about what's causing it or what the issue is. I've disabled backaround apps in settings/privacy as I've online this should fix this, but its not. I've ran anti viruses/Malwarebytes, pretty sure its not related to a virus.

Any ideas whats going on??

submitted by /u/Evil_Horseradish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Evil_Horseradish, Feb 3, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Feb 3, 2020
  3. leda3333 Win User
    Settings will not open, Edge has disappeared, and temp files are filling up c drive in Windows 10

My c drive filled completely with temp files a couple months ago, and at the same time I could not open settings (using the icon or the search box), or edge. At some point edge disappeared altogether - will not come up with a search. Microsoft Store icon
    is missing. Through trial and error I was able to find and delete the temp files, but they are filling up again, and I do not have access to any of the settings functions to help. Temp files have increased by 30 gb in the last 10 days. I am not techy, but
    can follow step by step instruction. Would really appreciate some help!

leda3333, Feb 3, 2020
  4. UserFrank Win User

Windows 10, filling up my temp files non stop.

AppX filling up temp file!

Hi, readers,

My wife and I both have an SP4, and suddenly, both computers sort of stopped working. The first sign of an issue was that Firefox came with the message that there was not enough disk space to install an update.

I quickly found that \Windows\Temp was almost completely filled with
    AppXDeploymentServer_*, AppxErrorReport_* en AppXPackaging_* files. However, after deleting them permanently the Temp folder beame rapidly populated again with the same file families.

I searched for a method to solve the issue on answers.microsoft.com, found this very page, and followed the suggestions by
    Roshan V S. But the AppX* files kept coming.

I then opened an AppxErrorReport_ file and started a Google search on a string copied from the first line, i.e. “Package full name = Microsoft.SurfaceHub_”. Google found the following page:

Category » Windows Patches/Security « @ AskWoody

I didn’t know AskWoody and usually don’t visit sites with a funny name and an outdated interface, but I was a bit desperate as system resets came nearby. I thus executed the suggestion by AskWoody, and it worked. The
    continuing emergence of AppX* files stopped immediately.

As said, I removed the 23 apps suggested by Roshan V S at the top of the page before executing the suggestion by AskWoody. On my wife’s SP4 I only removed the *surface* app suggested by AskWoody, and the continuing emergence of AppX* files stopped
    immediately.

I wonder, what caused the erroneous file generation that practically shut our SP4’s down? And why does AskWoody help me out and
    answers.microsoft.com not? The suggestions by the latter only cost me many extra hours to undo the damage.

We bought MS computers not only because we liked them, but also because we thought MS hardware works best with MS software. Last days it wasn’t, which seriously disappoints.

Frank N.

UserFrank, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, filling up my temp files non stop.

1. Windows 10, filling up my temp files non stop. - Similar Threads - filling temp files

2. %temp% folder filling up fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    %temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  3. %temp% folder filling up fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    %temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  4. Windows 10 temp file constantly fills

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 temp file constantly fills: Temp file fills, can't delete fast enough. 164205
  5. Windows Temp Files keep filling up with evtx files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Temp Files keep filling up with evtx files: This has been ongoing for a while now but I'm finally irritated enough by it to post. Every few weeks, our temp files folder gets filled up wit a bunch of .evtx files. I delete them all 118k of them and they come back as fast as I can delete them. It goes on for a few days...
  6. Windows 10 Temp folder filling up with thousands of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Temp folder filling up with thousands of files: I have been having issues with the Disk going to 100% and basically making my Windows 10 system (Version 1903 OS Build 18362.720) unusable. I tried many many potential solutions to no avail. Search the internet many times. I notice when I ran antivirus scan, the disk usage...
  7. Windows Temp folder filling up with same sized files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Temp folder filling up with same sized files: seems like 1 file per second.... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-temp-folder-filling-up-with-same-sized/fd697516-5a7c-4d06-9041-2ae5bb0207f5
  8. AppX filling up temp file!

AppX filling up temp file!: What does Microsoft say about the problem of AppX error/service filling up a Temp file and that even if you delete it they start again? It uses up computer memory.....!!! Thank you....
  9. Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files

Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files: My HP Laptop harddrive is filling up with Event Log files in the Windows Temp folder. The harddrive fills totally within 2 days running. Solution...
  10. TEMP folder filling up with AppX files and canot be stopped

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    TEMP folder filling up with AppX files and canot be stopped: Yesterday I found my C: drive had suddenly filled up due to 80 GB appearing in C:\Window\TEMP. There were three types of files and about 13,000 of each of them. AppXDeploymentServer_B1874DF3-7BCE-0006-9D58-88B1CE7BD401...