Windows 10: Windows 10 finally offers a direct upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 for more users

Discus and support Windows 10 finally offers a direct upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 for more users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Thanks to a new server-side change, which is still rolling out, you can now directly upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 from Windows 10. Previously, some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 4, 2024.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 finally offers a direct upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 for more users

Thanks to a new server-side change, which is still rolling out, you can now directly upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 from Windows 10.

Previously, some users were offered Windows 11 22H2 when they checked updates on Windows 10. As a result, those users were forced to download Windows 11 22H2 and then perform another system reboot to install version 23H2.

I don’t know why Microsoft has been pushing Windows 11 22H2 over Windows 11 23H2 on some PCs, but the new server-side update finally skips version 22H2 to download and install 23H2 directly. It is worth noting that this was not the case for everyone, as some of you have always been offered Windows 11 23H2 directly.

Windows 10 finally offers a direct upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 for more users Screenshot-493.jpg
    Windows 11 23H2 update | Image Courtesy: WindowsLatest.com

I observed that Microsoft quietly started offering a direct upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 over the past few weeks. In the last week of April, my ASUS PC started seeing “Windows 11 23H2” on the Windows Update page.

Previously, the same device was offered to download the older version 22H2. Similarly, my Lenovo’s Legion 5 Pro also started seeing version 23H2.

Windows 10 finally offers a direct upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 for more users Screenshot-495.jpg
    Optional update page on Windows 10 | Image Courtesy: WindowsLatest.com

Windows Latest has observed similar patterns across all our virtual machines in VMWare.

All these devices run Windows 10 22H2 with recent cumulative and driver updates installed, but they were never offered the newer version 23H2 until recently.

This never made sense, especially since version 23H2 is just an update for version 22H2, and is as stable as the previous version. In fact, 23H2 comes with Windows 11 Moment 4 features already turned on, which makes it much better than 22H2.

I looked into it a bit, but I still can’t figure out why the company would offer an older update for Windows 11, and then install a newer update, leading to multiple system reboots.

It’s also worth pointing out that support for Windows 11 22H2 will end on October 8, 2024. This means after this date, Microsoft will no longer provide updates.

On the other hand, Windows 11 23H2 is supported for another year, which could explain why the company has fixed Windows Updates on Windows 10 to push the newer version correctly.

Windows 11 23H2 comes with all the new features from the Moment 4 update, including support for taskbar ungrouping, a new volume mixer, and native 7Zip integration, which lets you open more compressed files.

Support for Windows 10 ends soon

Windows 10’s support is ending in less than two years, and Microsoft will begin nagging people to install the new operating system soon.

If you don’t have a supported device, you must upgrade your hardware, buy a new PC, or pay Microsoft for extended security updates.

The post Windows 10 finally offers a direct upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 for more users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 4, 2024
  2. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

In what could be a fundamental shift in how Microsoft monetizes its flagship product, the Windows operating system, the company decided to offer its upcoming Windows 10 as a free upgrade for existing users of Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. This offer will be applicable only for the first year following Windows 10 launch (after which, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users will have to pay to upgrade to Windows 10). Windows 10 will see the return of the Start Menu, a productive Desktop environment, and cutting-edge new API features such as DirectX 12.

Windows 10 finally offers a direct upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 for more users 116a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, May 4, 2024
  3. TRWOV Win User

Note that it says "pay to upgrade" not "pay to use".

TRWOV, May 4, 2024
  4. Uplink10 Win User

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, May 4, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows 10 finally offers a direct upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 for more users - Similar Threads - finally offers direct

2. Can't upgrade to Windows 10 22H2 or Windows 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade to Windows 10 22H2 or Windows 11 23H2: While looking for Windows Update in the settings app, I can't see the Windows Update setting. I don't know whether Microsoft had disabled Windows Update option due to out of service version, or disabled by my computer administrator or disabled by a virus/malware.While trying...
  3. Can't upgrade to Windows 10 22H2 or Windows 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't upgrade to Windows 10 22H2 or Windows 11 23H2: While looking for Windows Update in the settings app, I can't see the Windows Update setting. I don't know whether Microsoft had disabled Windows Update option due to out of service version, or disabled by my computer administrator or disabled by a virus/malware.While trying...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 23h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 23h2: I have tried all 3 different methods of updating to 23h2 and having problems with all 3. During installation, the screen disappears and nothing happens even after waiting about 15. Now, I can’t even turn off my computer and reboot into recovery mode, the round spinning cursor...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 23h2

Upgrading to Windows 11 23h2: I have tried all 3 different methods of updating to 23h2 and having problems with all 3. During installation, the screen disappears and nothing happens even after waiting about 15. Now, I can’t even turn off my computer and reboot into recovery mode, the round spinning cursor...
  6. Windows 11 Upgrade Offer Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Offer Disappeared: I was offered an upgrade to Windows 11 and wasn't quite ready to do it. Today I was, but the offer has disappeared. Is there a way to get it back?Thanks!...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrade Offer Disappeared

Windows 11 Upgrade Offer Disappeared: I was offered an upgrade to Windows 11 and wasn't quite ready to do it. Today I was, but the offer has disappeared. Is there a way to get it back?Thanks!...
  8. Finally no more windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Finally no more windows...: No more crappy Windows 10 laptop for my personal computer. No more fighting with a **** UI, error codes, system restarts at random times, or any of the other myriad of stupid problems ive experienced with Windows 10. Windows 10 sucks, so happy to be going back to a Mac book...
  9. Upgrading to windows 10 - Finally...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading to windows 10 - Finally...: So I've just found a genuine copy of windows vista ultimate that I purchased for a full price back in the day (I know, I know..... I was one those people). I was just wondering if there is some way for me to use that copy to get myself a genuine copy of windows 10 pro? Do I...
  10. Windows 10 free upgrade offer still works for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 free upgrade offer still works for some users: Microsoft has ended the free upgrades to Windows 10, but users are reporting that they can still install the OS for free on a PC running a genuine license of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. According to reports, you can claim a free digital entitlement of Windows 10 and upgrade to...