Windows 10: Windows 10 - Find actual installed program location

Discus and support Windows 10 - Find actual installed program location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to tell Windows 10 where it can find an installed program to use as default, to open a certain file extension. Unfortunately, I cant right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BJudd, Mar 21, 2021.

1. BJudd Win User

Windows 10 - Find actual installed program location

I am trying to tell Windows 10 where it can find an installed program to use as default, to open a certain file extension. Unfortunately, I cant right click on the shortcut to the program on the start bar and select properties to easily determine the files actual location, as Windows 10 as dumbed everything down, in order to provide a "better" experience. Is there a way to determine a programs actual location without searching for it in explorer? Microsoft really needs to bring back the "properties" menu rather than this useless "app settings"

:)

BJudd, Mar 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Mar 21, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 - Find actual installed program location

Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Find actual installed program location

1. Windows 10 - Find actual installed program location - Similar Threads - Find actual installed

2. Windows doesn't show install location of a program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn't show install location of a program: How do I find where the app is installed and see its install directory? Apps & Features menu in Settings has absolutely no information about this, which is really stupid. Yes I checked Advanced Options, no info there. If I rclick on the pinned app in the taskbar, and select...
  3. How to find where a Program is installed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to find where a Program is installed in Windows 10: [ATTACH]While installing a program or app, most of us usually ignore the installation path […] This article How to find where a Program is installed in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Is there a way to change the location of installed programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the location of installed programs?: So... I'll try to keep it short. I put a caddy on my laptop (for who doesn't know what that means, I sacrificed my dvd-rom for more disk space), and I put in a 250gb (not the precise number) SSD in my main slot. I was planning on cloning the older 700gb (same) HD onto my...
  5. Unable to Find the Installed Program on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Find the Installed Program on Windows 10: Hi, I have installed Visual Studio Express 2012 in my Windows 10 system for learning purposes. I have installed it correctly but I cannot find it. When I try to reinstall it says do you want to repair it or uninstall. That means the program is installed. I also looked in...
  6. Find installed program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find installed program: I have a piece of software that runs even though I think ive deleted it. Clicking the bottom left wi does icon I type the name and I then see it shown but the only option is pin to start. How do I find the path to delete it correctly. 150630
  7. Location of Programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of Programs in Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 on my PC. All of my programs do not show up in Programs or Programs 86 folders. All programs are also not listed in the Uninstall feature. What folder should programs be in so that I can locate them easily and delete or repair them as necessary??...
  8. Program not actually installed when I install it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program not actually installed when I install it: I've been trying to install uTorrent today, and I've downloaded the installer from the website. I go through the installation process and at the end, the install wizard says the installation is complete, and I have "Launch uTorrent" selected when I close the wizard. Then...
  9. Location of installments of programs and others

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location of installments of programs and others: After installing a program it is saved 'somewhere or sometimes somewhere it is never been found back again.' Parts of programs or the programs itself installs itself on, for example: - Program Files - Program Files (x86) - Documents - User - Appdata - Local - Or...
  10. How to find the location of the .exe from Programs/Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find the location of the .exe from Programs/Features: Hello, I am trying to uninstall a program but it is not letting me. How I find the location of the uninstall.exe file? I know you can go the program files and find the uninstall.exe, but my the program I am trying to uninstall is hidden. 51988