Windows 10: windows 10 firewall authorization driver missing in device manager

Discus and support windows 10 firewall authorization driver missing in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro r1903 Recently recovered from failing hard disk. After data recovery (onto new hard drive), this computer could not been seen by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jvalleeva, Aug 10, 2019.

1. jvalleeva Win User

windows 10 firewall authorization driver missing in device manager

Windows 10 Pro r1903

Recently recovered from failing hard disk.

After data recovery (onto new hard drive), this computer could not been seen by others in the same network. I could not even ping it.

Network discovery on.... the usual was checked. Then research says check the firewall settings.

I was getting errors when opening firewall app. Just says settings are not as recommended. I get an error 0x8007045B when I click "Use recommended settings".

Click Advanced settings and get: An error occurred while trying to open the policy. Error: A system shutdown is in progress. Code: 0x45B

Ran: DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:C:\zzwin10\sources\install.wim (a known working wim)

DISM Completed successfully

Ran sfc /scannow and it reported it successfully repaired all. Log confirmed.

Rebooted but error still persists.

Did reinstall in place and problem still persists.

Firewall authorization driver exists but does not show up in Device Manager /show hidden/device by connection.

Ran: netsh advfirewall show allprofiles and got this:

An unrecoverable Windows Defender Firewall error (0x45b) occurred.

This is what is displayed when I open the firewall service. Services shows it running, but properties dialog gives no option to stop, etc. All grayed out. Base Filtering Engine properties shows the same, running and no way to stop and restart.

I believe something in the firewall is keeping this computer from being seen by others on the same network. I cannot even ping it. Troubleshooter on another computer reports:

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (192.168.1.225) Detected Detected

It is available but is not responding to connection attempts. A firewall or network security policy on the remote computer might be blocking the connection on port "file and print sharing resource".

However, it can see and copy files to other computers.

What can I do now to fix this?

:)

jvalleeva, Aug 10, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    asus support device after windows 10 upgrade missing a driver

Hello Mark,

With regards to your concern about the missing of supported device drivers after the upgrade may arise due to corrupted system files. For better assistance, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which Windows 10 build and version is running on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you provide the driver that is missing on your computer?
    • Have you tried to check your Device Manager if the missing driver is there?

Meanwhile, we recommend enabling the "Hidden Driver" from the
    Device Manager. To do so, launch your Device Manager > click
    view > select and click Show hidden devices.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

WIFI adapter is missing in Device Manager in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware Troubleshoot.

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps. As the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
      • Click on Device Manager.
      • Click on View.
      • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
      • Search for the Wi-Fi driver.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 firewall authorization driver missing in device manager - Similar Threads - firewall authorization driver

2. Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager: Hello all,On windows 11, somehow in the last 24 hours I lost the ability to use bluetooth. I've seen it on other computers and have been unable to fix it. I have tried troubleshooting it with no resolution. The drivers are not found in device manager even after showing hidden...
  3. Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager: Hello all,On windows 11, somehow in the last 24 hours I lost the ability to use bluetooth. I've seen it on other computers and have been unable to fix it. I have tried troubleshooting it with no resolution. The drivers are not found in device manager even after showing hidden...
  4. device manager missing driver

device manager missing driver: last week i installed a m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop i noticed today that Pci data aquisition and signal processing controller driver is missing what should i do?...
  5. device manager missing driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device manager missing driver: last week i installed a m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop i noticed today that Pci data aquisition and signal processing controller driver is missing what should i do?...
  6. device manager missing driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Missing drivers in device manager

Missing drivers in device manager: I am trying to connect an external cd/dvd drive to my computer, which uses Windows 10. However, under Device Manager, there is no category for DVD/CD-ROM Drives. When I plug in my external disc drive, it does have power, but it is not recognized in File Explorer. I have not...
  8. Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager

Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager: Hey, I was having trouble use my webcam error 45 so I went to device manager to see if the drivers needed updating. I tried updating both "Camera" and "Imagining devices" to no avail. Next I tried uninstalling the imaging devices driver with the intention of reinstalling it...
  9. webcam driver missing in device manager

webcam driver missing in device manager: several times i install and uninstall the HP universal camera driver. but i cannot see it on my device manager. and i don't have imaging devices too. By the way my unit is HP EliteBook 820 64bit upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. since then the camera doesn't work. i have...
  10. Drivers are missing in Device Manager.

Drivers are missing in Device Manager.: My others devices are missing in device manager and giving me an unknown device.Pus i don't find sm bus controller in device manager after windows 10 update version 1709.This issue happened after one month suddenly.I had all the windows not functioning suddenly after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows firewall authorization driver missing

2. windows firewall authorization manager

3. windows firewall authorization driver windows 10

4. windows defender firewall authorization driver