Windows 10: windows 10 firewall blocking ancestry.com from accessing internet

Discus and support windows 10 firewall blocking ancestry.com from accessing internet in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; it, appears others have had the same problem. However I cannot find any fix for the problem. thanks don I turned off the firewall but had the same... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by donaldleach1, May 14, 2019.

1. windows 10 firewall blocking ancestry.com from accessing internet

it, appears others have had the same problem. However I cannot find any fix for the problem. thanks don

I turned off the firewall but had the same error message.

:)

donaldleach1, May 14, 2019
  2. Steeboo Win User

Windows Firewall - how to allow access

I believe that my firewall is blocking access to Family Tree Maker / Ancestry / MacKiev SYNC - I can't see any reference to any of these names in the allowed list ....

I can't see any way of adding to the allowed list

Any suggestions ?

Steeboo, May 14, 2019
  3. unable to access Ancestry website after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Jerri,

The above issue might occur due to certain internet components missing or if the website is blocked in the internet/browser settings on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• How did you upgrade to Windows 10 (via Windows Updates or Media Creation Tool)?
    • Did you check if similar issue persists on accessing the account using Internet Explorer?
    • Does the issue occur only on accessing Ancestry website in the browser?
    • How are you connected to internet on the computer (Wired or Wi-Fi)?

Check if similar issue occurs on accessing Ancestry website in Internet Explorer browser on the computer. If the issue persists only on accessing Ancestry website on the computer, run
    Internet Connections troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if any of the internet components is missing or corrupted on the computer.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Internet Connections, click on
      Advanced
      and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooter to complete.
    • Check the status after the troubleshooting is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

You can also try contacting Ancestry support forum for further assistance on the issue.

Ancestry support forum: AncestrySupport

Write to us with the answers to the above issue and the status of not able to access Ancestry website after upgrading to Windows 10 on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you
    accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 14, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

windows 10 firewall blocking ancestry.com from accessing internet

95Viper, May 14, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 firewall blocking ancestry.com from accessing internet

1. windows 10 firewall blocking ancestry.com from accessing internet - Similar Threads - firewall blocking ancestry

2. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  3. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  4. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. internet access blocked, says antivirus or firewall is blocking it although it never...

internet access blocked, says antivirus or firewall is blocking it although it never...: Hi I have a problem with my internet access, had this laptop for a couple of months now and it pops up all of a sudden, it has never happened before and I have a couple of assignments to hand up so pls help me if you have any suggestions. My problem persists in saying my...
  6. firewall is blocking internet

firewall is blocking internet: how do ifix firewall blocking internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-is-blocking-internet/b1ac89ea-96dd-4476-b7d3-292a5793a415
  7. Firewall Blocking Internet

Firewall Blocking Internet: I am running Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.292... After updating to this version my internet connection is blocked. What needs to be allowed through through the firewall for my internet to run? It is only having issues when the firewall for private networks is on....
  8. Windows 10 Private Firewall randomly blocking internet

Windows 10 Private Firewall randomly blocking internet: I've had this weird issue for the last several months. Randomly all internet related apps will lose their connection and my web browser says it cannot get a DNS address. After a minute or two the issue fixes itself. When I look at my network adapter my IP and DNS addresses...
  9. Windows 10 firewall? No internet access

Windows 10 firewall? No internet access: Hiya, I'm wondering what settings I have to add to the windows firewall to have internet access. I have block incoming and outgoing connections except by a rule on, and port 80 with any program in outgoing and incoming. Just port 80 in outgoing & incoming does not allow...
  10. Windows firewall blocking everything that accesses internet.

Windows firewall blocking everything that accesses internet.: I've gotten a reoccuring error that pops up ever since I updated my laptop. Whenever I open up something that uses internet (mostly just Chrome tbh), it gives me the message 'Windows Firewall has blocked access' or something like that. I always hit allow access, but it comes...