Windows 10: Windows 10 Firewall logging on domain profile.

Discus and support Windows 10 Firewall logging on domain profile. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am working on turning on the domain profile for Windows 10 via gpo. We have a relatively large environment and this has not been turned on for the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eckermike, Mar 16, 2019.

1. eckermike Win User

Windows 10 Firewall logging on domain profile.

I am working on turning on the domain profile for Windows 10 via gpo. We have a relatively large environment and this has not been turned on for the domain profile in the past. So the current plan is turn on the Firewall with Policy and create an Any/Any rule for inbound connections and then use the event log/firewall log to assist in creating exception rules and then turning the block inbound connections option on.

The problem I am currently having is that when I configure the policy via the windows settings in a GPO I am not getting the expected behavior regarding the windows\system32\logfiles\firewall log. The firewall folder and pfirewall.log(defaults from MS) are not being created. If I configure the same settings on the local machine the files are created. I have verified the Firewall Service Account has the correct permissions.

In win7 and win10 the policy sets the registry settings under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\DomainProfile\Logging are configured as the policy is set.

However, in win7 the keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\Logging match those configurations. In Win10 they do not. So my guess is MS has updated the policy reg key for win10 but not updated the admx for it. Is it possible to see what keys under software\policies the firewall service is looking for on Windows 10 somehow?

***Modified Title form: Windows 10 Firewall logging***

:)

eckermike, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

3. slim142 Win User
    Windows Firewall blocking program even with inbound/outbound rule enabled.

Opening the ports on Windows Firewall works. However, as soon as I log the administrator account off (from Windows), Vertilinc stops retrieving the pictures again.

I really doubt it could be the firwall or domain ones. Like I said, whenever I disable the Private option (Home/Work) in Windows firewall, everything works just fine.

Running out of ideas here.

slim142, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Firewall logging on domain profile.

Windows 10 firewall notification

Hi Patrick,

Here's the steps on how you can disable Windows Firewall using Group Policy Editor:

• Type gpedit.msc on the search bar.
    • Expand Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Network Connections\Windows Firewall folders by clicking the arrow to the left of each folder.
    • Under Windows Firewall folder, select Standard Profile.
    • On the right pane of the group-policy editor windows, double-click Windows Firewall: Protect All Network Connections.
    • Click Disabled and then OK.
    • Under Windows Firewall folder, select Domain Profile.
    • On the right pane of the group-policy editor windows, double-click Windows Firewall: Protect All Network Connections.
    • Click Disabled and then OK.

Let us know if you find this helpful.

Justine Pel, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Firewall logging on domain profile.

1. Windows 10 Firewall logging on domain profile. - Similar Threads - Firewall logging domain

2. Windows domain Profile segregate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows domain Profile segregate: Hi All,I have one query, actually I configured one desktop in our domain environment with 2 drive C & D Drive and on this computer multiple users using on different shift time. every user's login in that computer so it will create user profile on the C drive. So, my...
  3. Windows domain Profile segregate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows domain Profile segregate: Hi All,I have one query, actually I configured one desktop in our domain environment with 2 drive C & D Drive and on this computer multiple users using on different shift time. every user's login in that computer so it will create user profile on the C drive. So, my...
  4. Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections: Windows Pro 22H2 19045.3324Windows FirewallUnable to set Domain to All inbound connections are blocked.Receiving incoming connections where source is my pc. UDP.Dest port 443. Dest IP:104.18.1.2142.251.163.9135.244.232.184142.250.9.93Why am I unable to block all incoming?How...
  5. Domain Firewall profile stopping outbound RDP to external Server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Domain Firewall profile stopping outbound RDP to external Server: HelloI am running into an issue where a Windows 10 computer will not allow RDP connection unless the Domain Firewall profile is turned off. They can RDP locally to computers on the domain OK. But now we have to RDP to a 3rd party to access an application and it just times...
  6. Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In: Hi All, As we become an increasingly remote workforce, I would like to get away from asking for user credentials completely and make it so I can deploy a new computer to a user without having to log into their account. It's hard for an IT Administrator to enforce the IT...
  7. Windows Firewall - Domain Networks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Firewall - Domain Networks: In order for Windows Firewall to classify a network as a "domain network" it needs to contact the domain controller, but can anyone advise which ports are required to achieve this? Thanks submitted by /u/L1onH3art_ [link] [comments]...
  8. One profile for Domain and non-domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One profile for Domain and non-domain: I have a couple users that work on their laptops outside of the office but need to connect to the domain when here. When they connect it creates a new profile and they have to re-register their software licenses. They also lose access to all of their documents and such unless...
  9. Windows 10 Firewall logging

Windows 10 Firewall logging: I am working on turning on the domain profile for Windows 10 via gpo. We have a relatively large environment and this has not been turned on for the domain profile in the past. So the current plan is turn on the Firewall with Policy and create an Any/Any rule for inbound...
  10. windows firewall logging

windows firewall logging: hello how can i create a new log file, this is what happens when its cleaned ffs, all my log files deleted!, my firewalls blocked the log me in rescue too...