Windows 10: Windows 10 Firewall logging

Discus and support Windows 10 Firewall logging in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am working on turning on the domain profile for Windows 10 via gpo. We have a relatively large environment and this has not been turned on for the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eckermike, Mar 15, 2019.

1. eckermike Win User

Windows 10 Firewall logging

I am working on turning on the domain profile for Windows 10 via gpo. We have a relatively large environment and this has not been turned on for the domain profile in the past. So the current plan is turn on the Firewall with Policy and create an Any/Any rule for inbound connections and then use the event log/firewall log to assist in creating exception rules and then turning the block inbound connections option on.

The problem I am currently having is that when I configure the policy via the windows settings in a GPO I am not getting the expected behavior regarding the windows\system32\logfiles\firewall log. The firewall folder and pfirewall.log(defaults from MS) are not being created. If I configure the same settings on the local machine the files are created. I have verified the Firewall Service Account has the correct permissions.

In win7 and win10 the policy sets the registry settings under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\DomainProfile\Logging are configured as the policy is set.

However, in win7 the keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\Logging match those configurations. In Win10 they do not. So my guess is MS has updated the policy reg key for win10 but not updated the admx for it. Is it possible to see what keys under software\policies the firewall service is looking for on Windows 10 somehow?

:)

eckermike, Mar 15, 2019

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Firewall logging - Similar Threads - Firewall logging

2. How to check logs for IPsec through windows defender firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to check logs for IPsec through windows defender firewall.: Hello all,The steps I followed are:Press win+R and enter gpedit.mscOpen group policy editor.Select windows settings --> security settings --> windows defender firewall.Right click on windows defender firewall and select properties.There enable/allow all inbound, outbound...
  3. How to check logs for IPsec through windows defender firewall.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to check logs for IPsec through windows defender firewall.: Hello all,The steps I followed are:Press win+R and enter gpedit.mscOpen group policy editor.Select windows settings --> security settings --> windows defender firewall.Right click on windows defender firewall and select properties.There enable/allow all inbound, outbound...
  4. How to check logs for IPsec through windows defender firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Problem logging Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem logging Windows Firewall: Hello!I've got a small problem: I can't activate the logging option for windows firewall:In this window I've enabled both options for logging.The log file does not show anything AND the Properties in the "Monitoring" Tab show this:Even after rebootingThanks for reading!...
  6. Problem logging Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem logging Windows Firewall: Hello!I've got a small problem: I can't activate the logging option for windows firewall:In this window I've enabled both options for logging.The log file does not show anything AND the Properties in the "Monitoring" Tab show this:Even after rebootingThanks for reading!...
  7. Problem logging Windows Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows Defender Firewall may not start, bfe.dll errors in the event logs,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Firewall may not start, bfe.dll errors in the event logs,...: We're having an issue where some computers' especially laptops take an inordinate amount of time to start. The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE\Parameters\Policy\Persistent\Filter registry key is in excess of 250 MB. The event logs show bfe.dll...
  9. How to see firewall log for outbound connections?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to see firewall log for outbound connections?: Is there a way to view firewall log for the last 24 hours for all processes that have started outbound connections? submitted by /u/evolution800 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7tq1r/how_to_see_firewall_log_for_outbound_connections/
  10. Funny Firewall Logs from fontdrvhost.exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Funny Firewall Logs from fontdrvhost.exe: Hello, in our company firewall logs we can see fontdrvhost.exe trying to make outside requests. Some of them the destination IP is 169.x but others are trying to connect externally. I spot checked a few of the destination IP's and it seems to be trying to reach Amazon and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 firewall logs

2. firewall log in windows 10

3. firewall log windows 10