Windows 10: Windows 10 Firewall missing

Discus and support Windows 10 Firewall missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So somewhere a while ago I had some issues with Windows core functionality missing and today I am troubleshooting. I believe that at some point I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Concillian, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Firewall missing

So somewhere a while ago I had some issues with Windows core functionality missing and today I am troubleshooting. I believe that at some point I had a malware issue that I have since resolved via Malwarebytes and ESET, and that malware appears to have removed several key components.

Issues:

• Windows Update always fails to install updates
    • Create media with the media creation tool always hangs @ 0%
    • Can't turn on Windows Firewall (service is missing in services app)
    • Can't reinstate windows firewall via admin CMD "Rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf" and firewall reset... service is still not there.
    • Can't restart firewall via 'netsh advfirewall reset' (because it doesn't appear to exist)
    • Downloading and running the windows firewall troubleshooter results in finding the issue that the firewall is not running, but has a red x and says issue not fixed.

Windows update and media creation tool issues appear to be tied back to the firewall issue. I can't download anything to help because I'm missing the firewall, and can't seem to reinstate it.

I'm running windows 10.

:)

Concillian, Feb 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 firewall missing

So somewhere a while ago I had some issues with Windows core functionality missing and today I am troubleshooting. I believe that at some point I had a malware issue that I have since resolved, and that malware removed several key components.

Issues:

• Windows Update always fails to install updates
    • Create media with the media creation tool always hangs @ 0%
    • Can't turn on Windows Firewall (service is missing in services app)
    • Can't reinstate windows firewall via admin CMD "Rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf" and firewall reset... service is still not there.
    • Downloading and running the windows firewall troubleshooter results in finding the issue that the firewall is not running, but has a red x and says issue not fixed.

Windows update and create media creation issues appear to be tied back to the firewall issue. I can't download anything to help because I'm missing the firewall, and can't seem to reinstate it.

I'm running windows 10.

Concillian, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Firewall missing

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Firewall missing

1. Windows 10 Firewall missing - Similar Threads - Firewall missing

2. firewall & network protection, device security, and device performance & health missing in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firewall & network protection, device security, and device performance & health missing in...: photo with black background: other people photo with white background: mehow to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-network-protection-device-security-and/181315ae-3e0b-4df0-a9e3-6366b1015c03
  3. Window firewall 0x800706d9 and missing store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window firewall 0x800706d9 and missing store app: it cause a problem to a store and window security i cant open it. i cant download anything from store. my Windows Apps folder it gone too.i try to change in service setting but i cant change window firewall setting it stuck at starting process How do i fix this problem?...
  4. Window firewall 0x800706d9 and missing store app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window firewall 0x800706d9 and missing store app: it cause a problem to a store and window security i cant open it. i cant download anything from store. my Windows Apps folder it gone too.i try to change in service setting but i cant change window firewall setting it stuck at starting process How do i fix this problem?...
  5. Window firewall 0x800706d9 and missing store app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Disabling pop-up warnings of missing firewall etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling pop-up warnings of missing firewall etc.: Hello,I`m trying to set up an HMI, chrome in kiosk-mode, for a control system based on windows 10 enterprise 2016 LTSB, version 10.0.14393. One key element of design is to reduce the chance of operator to enter something else then the desired HMI-layout. One big chance of...
  7. Mail and Calendar App missing from Firewall Exception App list

Mail and Calendar App missing from Firewall Exception App list: Somehow the Mail and Calendar option missing from Firewall App exceptions list. Thus, The Mail and Calendar will not connect with Outlook servers without disabling the firewall. Anyone know how to re-add it or find the file path? Thanks in advanced!...
  8. Firewall missing and numerous other issues.

Firewall missing and numerous other issues.: Hello I am hoping for some help. I dont know what happened to my laptop and I could really use help fixing it without haveing to take it in to the computer shop or losing everything. So I hadnt used my computer in a while but I left it on so something happened. I can...
  9. Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall

Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall: Hello, after a prompt saying me to allow registry to be ran, it restarted my pc, after that restart i've noticed that I can't turn my firewall on, code error 0x80070422, after seeing a tutorial online to change a setting on the windows firewall service, i noticed that there...
  10. windows 10 firewall authorization driver missing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 firewall authorization driver missing in device manager: Windows 10 Pro r1903 Recently recovered from failing hard disk. After data recovery (onto new hard drive), this computer could not been seen by others in the same network. I could not even ping it. Network discovery on.... the usual was checked. Then research says check...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Rundll32 s etupapi InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf

2. windows defender firewall missing windows 10

3. windows 10 firewall missing

4. windows firewall is missing windows 10,
  5. windows firewall missing in services win 10,
  6. windows 10 antivirus missing,
  7. windows firewall icon missing windows 10,
  8. firewall service missing windows10,
  9. It seems as do Im missing some personal setting anything