Windows 10: Windows 10 Firewall off and no access to internet

Discus and support Windows 10 Firewall off and no access to internet in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows firewall is not working and i can't turn it on, also my internet connection is also not working. I think it may be because the computer was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ryzer1, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Ryzer1 Win User

Windows 10 Firewall off and no access to internet

My windows firewall is not working and i can't turn it on, also my internet connection is also not working.

I think it may be because the computer was probably turned off while updating windows, i am not sure.

I have tried to go to services and start the windows firewall service, but windows gives me a error saying that it cannot start the service.

I then tried this windows firewall diagnose/fix tool but that also didn't work and said that it was not possible to establish the windows firewall preset and that was probably caused from a existing group policy or other existing firewall program, and it told me to uninstall other firewall programs and try again but i have no other firewall programs.

I also tried running the "sfc /scannow" command in the cmd and it said at the end "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." and it gave me this log for online support.

For the internet connection i have tried going to the device manager and update drivers, disable and enable the drivers, uninstall and reinstall the drivers but also nothing worked.

:)

Ryzer1, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Restraint trafic and applications to access internet with Firewall when connected with Dial Up SAT connexion

Hi,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to block apps and programs from accessing network connection through Windows Firewall:

• Open Control Panel and click System and Security.
    • On the Windows Firewall page, select Allow a program through Windows Firewall.
    • Uncheck the box to the left of the application names to disallow them from accessing network connection.
    • If other programs are not listed, just click Allow another program/app button to add them.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 11, 2018
  4. redex Win User

Windows 10 firewall? No internet access

Hiya, I'm wondering what settings I have to add to the windows firewall to have internet access. I have block incoming and outgoing connections except by a rule on, and port 80 with any program in outgoing and incoming. Just port 80 in outgoing & incoming does not allow internet access. What do I have to add to the firewall for this to work? When I turn off the firewall, I have internet access again.

redex, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Firewall off and no access to internet - Similar Threads - Firewall off access

2. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  3. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  4. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Firewall disabling internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall disabling internet access: After updating windows 11 My internet browserschrome and edge can’t connect to the internet. I have checked that they are allowed through the firewallremoved them and put them back in reset chrome and firewall settings and still no luck. It only works as soon as I disable...
  6. Firewall disabling internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall disabling internet access: After updating windows 11 My internet browserschrome and edge can’t connect to the internet. I have checked that they are allowed through the firewallremoved them and put them back in reset chrome and firewall settings and still no luck. It only works as soon as I disable...
  7. Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall).

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall).: Short description: If I run slmgr -ato when using a direct connection to the internet the device is activated, if doing the same from the network with limited internet access activation fails. What sites/urls/ports must I allow to be able to activate Windows from our limited...
  8. cannot access Internet when the firewall is on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot access Internet when the firewall is on: When the firewall is on I cannot get access to the Internet. I received a message that “internet connection is blocked”. It started after update to the current Windows version (1809 Build 17763.292). What can I do to allow the Internet when the firewall is on?...
  9. Windows 10 firewall? No internet access

Windows 10 firewall? No internet access: Hiya, I'm wondering what settings I have to add to the windows firewall to have internet access. I have block incoming and outgoing connections except by a rule on, and port 80 with any program in outgoing and incoming. Just port 80 in outgoing & incoming does not allow...
  10. Windows firewall blocking everything that accesses internet.

Windows firewall blocking everything that accesses internet.: I've gotten a reoccuring error that pops up ever since I updated my laptop. Whenever I open up something that uses internet (mostly just Chrome tbh), it gives me the message 'Windows Firewall has blocked access' or something like that. I always hit allow access, but it comes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows firewall disabled chrome cannot access internet

2. Firewall off internet access

3. windows firewall on no internet access at home

4. no internet access once the firewall is on,
  5. windows 10 no firewall no internet access,
  6. zonealarm and windows firewall off