Windows 10: Windows 10 Firewall rules for Store and Updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Firewall rules for Store and Updates in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! I still can't setup Windows 10 Firewall to block all except MS Store and Windows Updates! Those 2 functions works if: allow all outbound;... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Feruman, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Feruman Win User

Windows 10 Firewall rules for Store and Updates

Hello!

I still can't setup Windows 10 Firewall to block all except MS Store and Windows Updates! Those 2 functions works if: allow all outbound; allow all outbound for svchost.exe; allow svchost.exe all outbound to all WindowsUpdates websites. But it still too much because through svchost.exe too many services can freely access to internet, it's not right. I try to set Firewall to "block all in&out" and use default Win10 firewall allow rules + add individual outbound allow rules for services: DoSvc, BITS, InstallService (for MS Store), Wuauserv, WpnService, LicenseManager, SystemSettingsBroker, SystemSettingsAdminFlows... but app install from MS Store and WinUpdates does not work!

Who know what also services/rules must be added to firewall for Store and Updates???

:)

Feruman, Feb 28, 2018

2. Stop Windows 10 Update Assistant from running

This has to be disabled in task scheduler and I go a step further and block it with the firewall also. Here is the script that I used in my environment:

@echo off

REM Stop Update Assistant if running

taskkill -f -im UpdateAssistant.exe

taskkill -f -im UpdateAssistantCheck.exe

taskkill -f -im Windows10Upgrade.exe

taskkill -f -im Windows10UpgraderApp.exe

REM Block Update Assistant with Windows Firewall

netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Windows 10 Update Assistant" dir=in

netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Windows 10 Update Assistant" dir=out

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows 10 Update Assistant" dir=in action=block program="C:\Windows\UpdateAssistant\UpdateAssistant.exe" enable=yes

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows 10 Update Assistant" dir=out action=block program="C:\Windows\UpdateAssistant\UpdateAssistant.exe" enable=yes

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows 10 Update Assistant" dir=in action=block program="C:\Windows\UpdateAssistant\UpdateAssistantCheck.exe" enable=yes

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows 10 Update Assistant" dir=out action=block program="C:\Windows\UpdateAssistant\UpdateAssistantCheck.exe" enable=yes

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows 10 Update Assistant" dir=in action=block program="C:\Windows\UpdateAssistant\Windows10Upgrade.exe" enable=yes

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows 10 Update Assistant" dir=out action=block program="C:\Windows\UpdateAssistant\Windows10Upgrade.exe" enable=yes

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows 10 Update Assistant" dir=in action=block program="C:\Windows\UpdateAssistantV2\Windows10Upgrade.exe" enable=yes

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows 10 Update Assistant" dir=out action=block program="C:\Windows\UpdateAssistantV2\Windows10Upgrade.exe" enable=yes

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows 10 Update Assistant" dir=in action=block program="C:\Windows10Upgrade\Windows10UpgraderApp.exe" enable=yes

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows 10 Update Assistant" dir=out action=block program="C:\Windows10Upgrade\Windows10UpgraderApp.exe" enable=yes

REM Disable Update Assistant Scheduled Tasks

c:\windows\system32\schtasks.exe /change /tn "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\UpdateAssistant" /DISABLE

c:\windows\system32\schtasks.exe /change /tn "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\UpdateAssistantAllUsersRun" /DISABLE

c:\windows\system32\schtasks.exe /change /tn "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\UpdateAssistantCalendarRun" /DISABLE

c:\windows\system32\schtasks.exe /change /tn "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\UpdateAssistantWakeupRun" /DISABLE

REM Remove Upgrader Application

IF EXIST "C:\Windows10Upgrade\Windows10UpgraderApp.exe" (

"C:\Windows10Upgrade\Windows10UpgraderApp.exe" /ForceUninstall

timeout /t 30

)

exit

Adrian_2.0, Feb 28, 2018
  3. Store Windows 10. Error code 0x80240438

Today i had this error too. I temporary disabled Windows firewall. That did the trick! Store was working again. After enabling firewall again it wasn't. I found out I had certain rules added to Windows firewall for outgoing connections blocking the connection
    for the Store. I didn't know which one so I deleted all of the blocking rules (red ones). After deleting these rules, Store is working perfectly

Pluisjepluis, Feb 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Firewall rules for Store and Updates

1. Windows 10 Firewall rules for Store and Updates - Similar Threads - Firewall rules Store

2. Firewall Rules to Allow Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Firewall Rules to Allow Microsoft Store: Hi,We have our firewall set to block all traffic, what addresses can we add to the firewall to allow access to Microsoft Store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules-to-allow-microsoft-store/b65afe65-536e-4355-9794-16ccdedc1be3
  3. Firewall Rules to Allow Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall Rules to Allow Microsoft Store: Hi,We have our firewall set to block all traffic, what addresses can we add to the firewall to allow access to Microsoft Store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules-to-allow-microsoft-store/b65afe65-536e-4355-9794-16ccdedc1be3
  4. Firewall Rules to Allow Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  6. Windows 10 Firewall Incoming Rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Firewall Incoming Rules: I created an incoming rule set on one of our workstations and then exported the firewall config. I imported and set the config in Group Policy and applied it to a test set of workstation. I set the setting so that admin changes on the machine would not merge with the GPO...
  7. Firewall Rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  8. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  9. Windows firewall does not update rules

Windows firewall does not update rules: I cannot understand why the internetaccess to Microsoft edge is still granted, when i have deleted firewall rules and ruled out "Block all outgoing by default" 94434
  10. Windows Firewall Rules

Windows Firewall Rules: I was looking at Windows Firewall with Adv Security and noticed 11 individual but seemingly identical entries for Microsoft Solitaire Collection. The default rules were to allow all. First, why 11? And second, why all any at all? Ditto for Stick Notes, Microsoft Phone,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DoSvc firewall

2. windows update firewall rule svchost

3. windows 10 firewall rule to allow windows updates

4. Firewall rules for windows Store Windows 10