Windows 10: Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes

Discus and support Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all, it seems that my Firewall will not save or keep changes I make at all. This use to work perfectly. Now when I try to remove items, or untick... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Christopher 77, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes

Hello all, it seems that my Firewall will not save or keep changes I make at all. This use to work perfectly. Now when I try to remove items, or untick anything, then hit OK, and I go back to check it, its right back where it was.

Any help would be appreciated, this is becoming very frustrating.

:)

Christopher 77, Aug 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 Firewall will not save changes

Whenever I make any changes in Windows 10 firewall after a few seconds they automatically revert back without any input from me.

2 Examples:

When I add a program to be allowed through, after a few seconds it disappears from the list and is blocked again.

When I switch Windows Firewall off after a few seconds firewall switches back on again.

This all seems to have happened since the Windows update that got installed Friday 23/09/2016

Any suggestions?

MatthewWardlow, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes

Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes

1. Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes - Similar Threads - Firewall Save Changes

2. Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules: I am having a persistent, ongoing problem with allowing apps through Windows Defender Firewall (Windows 10 Pro 1809). Basically, the firewall is not remembering when I add an app to the list. From the control panel I am going to "Allow apps to communicate through Windows...
  3. Unable to save any document on desktop in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to save any document on desktop in windows 10: For last few days I am unable to save any document on desktop of my laptop running windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-any-document-on-desktop-in-windows/e97a02f9-cf4a-4b27-b5e2-93066ba94897
  4. Daylight saving time not changing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Daylight saving time not changing Windows 10: Well it that time of the year for everything to fall back, expect my Windows 10 system would make the change. Any idea what I can do to make it happen? I've changed the BIOS clock back on hour....
  5. Windows 10 Firewall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Firewall: Windows 10 laptops C and G can ping each other over a home network. When C tries to access a G-resource, I want C to always pass thru the G firewall. How do I tell G to always trust any contact from C? Thanks. Bruce...
  6. Windows 10 firewall

Windows 10 firewall: Since a couple of weeks, every times I start my computer at the end of the start up I got the notification that both firewall (Windows defender and my own Internet provider one) are not in fonction, I have talked to my Internet provider technical service and on their side...
  7. Impossible to change any firewall settings

Impossible to change any firewall settings: I need to add new rules to windows firewall but any change I do is not saved at all. If I disable the firewall, a window on bottom right corner says firewall is off but when I open firewall settings again, its turned on. And this goes for any setting I try to change. All...
  8. Any App Changes with 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any App Changes with 10: Hi All, Not sure if there are any changes to the apps (apart from running in desktop mode now and the charms bar replacement) or if they are still just the Win 8 versions If not, has anyone noticed any changes in how the apps work now, any added features I have...
  9. Windows 10 Cancel/Save Changes for Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Cancel/Save Changes for Settings?: Unlike windows 7, when I make setting changes in Windows 10 it seems to occur immediately? Is there a way to cancel those changes while I am on the same page before exiting? I hope this makes sense? i.e. I went to power settings and adjusted the display mode and sleep mode,...
  10. Change Storage Save Locations in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Storage Save Locations in Windows 10: I find this setting very confusing. It does add a new folder to the library locations, but it doesn't seem to change the library root location (if you inspect the library in Windows Explorer it'll still show it, for instance, in C:\Users\<name>\<library>). That way, under...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firewall setting wont save

2. windows 10 firewall setting wont save