Windows 10: Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes

Discus and support Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all, it seems that my Firewall will not save or keep changes I make at all. This use to work perfectly. Now when I try to remove items, or untick... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Christopher 77, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes

Hello all, it seems that my Firewall will not save or keep changes I make at all. This use to work perfectly. Now when I try to remove items, or untick anything, then hit OK, and I go back to check it, its right back where it was.

Any help would be appreciated, this is becoming very frustrating.

:)

Christopher 77, Aug 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 Firewall will not save changes

Whenever I make any changes in Windows 10 firewall after a few seconds they automatically revert back without any input from me.

2 Examples:

When I add a program to be allowed through, after a few seconds it disappears from the list and is blocked again.

When I switch Windows Firewall off after a few seconds firewall switches back on again.

This all seems to have happened since the Windows update that got installed Friday 23/09/2016

Any suggestions?

MatthewWardlow, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes

Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes

1. Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes - Similar Threads - Firewall Save Changes

2. Windows 10 doesn't save any changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 doesn't save any changes: HI! I just need a help, after I downloaded windows 10 the changes I make to my computer doesn't saved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-save-any-changes/c6504a56-45d9-4ca6-82bb-686ec42334cf
  3. Windows 10 - Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - Firewall: If I create a rule (in and out) to enable a program do I need to enable also ports that the program needs? 177020
  4. Firewall In windows 10

Firewall In windows 10: Firewall is off in windows security trying to turn it on it stays off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-in-windows-10/0538d7d8-2b0b-455d-9b1d-63044cb28fbf
  5. windows 10 firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 firewall: Windows 10 Version 2004 build 19041.630 Under Norton firewall, when a program first accessed the internet, Norton ask me if I wanted to block the program forever, block it this time only, or let it access the internet. Windows firewall does not appear to that - unless...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall any good ?

Windows Defender Firewall any good ?: I just moved over to Windows 10 & was going to use Win10 Defender because I read that it is way better than it was in Win7. However I just read that the Win10 Defender firewall does not block any outgoing traffic by default. With Windows 7 I've been using Norton Security...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall not saving changes made to app exceptions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Firewall not saving changes made to app exceptions: I go into the allow app or feature section. Then I scroll down and tick multiple boxes on the left, then change some to private instead of public. I click on ok. When I go back into the allow app or feature section, my changes weren't saved. Help? ***Original title: Windows...
  8. Windows 10 Firewall

Windows 10 Firewall: Hello, I have an HP Laptop with McAfee LiveSafe installed. I believe by default McAfee has a Firewall of its own enabled on my computer. If that's true & McAfee has a Firewall on & working right now & for the past few months, do I still need my Windows Firewall in the ON...
  9. Windows 10 firewall

Windows 10 firewall: Since a couple of weeks, every times I start my computer at the end of the start up I got the notification that both firewall (Windows defender and my own Internet provider one) are not in fonction, I have talked to my Internet provider technical service and on their side...
  10. Impossible to change any firewall settings

Impossible to change any firewall settings: I need to add new rules to windows firewall but any change I do is not saved at all. If I disable the firewall, a window on bottom right corner says firewall is off but when I open firewall settings again, its turned on. And this goes for any setting I try to change. All...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firewall setting wont save

2. windows 10 firewall setting wont save

3. windows 10 firewall not saving changes