Windows 10: Windows 10 Firewall

Discus and support Windows 10 Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have an HP Laptop with McAfee LiveSafe installed. I believe by default McAfee has a Firewall of its own enabled on my computer. If that's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Aug 14, 2019 at 1:02 AM.

1. Windows 10 Firewall

Hello,

I have an HP Laptop with McAfee LiveSafe installed. I believe by default McAfee has a Firewall of its own enabled on my computer.

If that's true & McAfee has a Firewall on & working right now & for the past few months, do I still need my Windows Firewall in the ON position?

Years ago if I remember correctly I had Norton & Mcafee both separately at one time or another & was told Don't have both your anti-virus & Microsoft Firewalls on at the same time.

Respectfully,

Barry

:)

BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Aug 14, 2019 at 1:02 AM

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:03 AM
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. Windows 10 Firewall

windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

Thema:

Windows 10 Firewall

1. Windows 10 Firewall - Similar Threads - Firewall

2. Why won't it let me turn the firewall on? I'm the only account on the laptop and I'm an...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why won't it let me turn the firewall on? I'm the only account on the laptop and I'm an...: When I go to system and settings most of the settings are in bold and won't let me click them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-it-let-me-turn-the-firewall-on-im-the/ad3749e6-805d-4a7d-af71-69cb9fe3e99b"
  3. Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall

Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall: Hello, after a prompt saying me to allow registry to be ran, it restarted my pc, after that restart i've noticed that I can't turn my firewall on, code error 0x80070422, after seeing a tutorial online to change a setting on the windows firewall service, i noticed that there...
  4. Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection: So, in talking to a Support Tech today regarding my inability to have a WIFI Extender show up on my Network Connection for Spectrum WIFI, I was told I needed to allow them to sign in remotely to check out the problem. I did, and was told after 20 mins of tech performing...
  5. FireWall and APNs

FireWall and APNs: what happen to my security when i made incorrect configuration of firewall policies and third-party VPNs ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-and-apns/99549fa9-16e5-4cdc-a171-c034a18e242f"
  6. How can I get winrm to setup Firewall Exceptions?

How can I get winrm to setup Firewall Exceptions?: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1903. When I run winrm quickconfig in PowerShell as an Administrator it stops with an error stating that one of the connection types is set to public and needs to be changed: WinRM service is already running on this machine....
  7. windows 10 firewall authorization driver missing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 firewall authorization driver missing in device manager: Windows 10 Pro r1903 Recently recovered from failing hard disk. After data recovery (onto new hard drive), this computer could not been seen by others in the same network. I could not even ping it. Network discovery on.... the usual was checked. Then research says check...
  8. How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile

How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile: Since I have to turn off Windows Firewall for my private home network after every re boot in order for other pcs on my network to have access to shared files on this pc, I wish to just permanently disable the firewall. 138270
  9. Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off: Windows 10 Pro r1903 Recently recovered from failing hard disk. After data recovery (onto new hard drive), this computer could not been seen by others in the same network. I could not even ping it. Network discovery on.... the usual was checked. Then research says check the...
  10. Windows firewall can't be opened due to error 0x8007045b AND 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall can't be opened due to error 0x8007045b AND 0x800706d9: Even i have uninstalled my quickheal antivirus still it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-cant-be-opened-due-to-error/a308dfcc-9380-43a5-b3be-42039312ec78