Windows 10: Windows 10 Firewire problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Firewire problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a Firewire card to operate my M-Audio Profire 610 sound card:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FurkanEr1, Jun 7, 2020.

1. FurkanEr1 Win User

Windows 10 Firewire problem

I bought a Firewire card to operate my M-Audio Profire 610 sound card:

https://www.hepsiburada.com/alfais-4680-pci-express-pci-e-firewire-kasa-ici-kart-p-HBV00000321EQ?magaza=Evaletim

I have no idea whether this product is for the sound card.

I am using the 2004 update of Windows 10 x64 bit.

First of all, when I connected my sound card to this card with firewire cable, the computer did not detect the sound card.

Then I tried a few methods I saw on the internet.

I downloaded the IEEE 1394 "Legacy" version and was going to take the necessary steps. But when I tried to update the card's driver, Windows crashed in a way I didn't see in anyone. Windows crashes when I try to remove this sound card and try to update it. What can be the problem?

My system features:
    AMD Ryzen 3 2300X AM4 3.5GHz 8MB

MSI A320M PRO-E 3200MHz OC Socket AM4 DVI VGA mATX Motherboard

ADATA 240GB SU630 3D NAND Sata3 2.5 SSD

CORSAIR 8GB Vengeance LPX 3000MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram

:)

FurkanEr1, Jun 7, 2020

2. Movimaker and Firewire problem

Hi.

I have tryed that and a number of other options.

Now I have given up and returned the PCIe FireWire 1394a Card (F-261) to the retailer.

Do you have any suggestion on other Firewire I/F card that you know works for Windows 10 ?

Regards / Ingemar

IngemarSohlman, Jun 7, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Firewire problems with windows 10 and audio interface

I responded to the user through a PM he sent. So others can see, this was my response:

It must be certain Firewire interfaces or units. I had an MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid recording interface and a PCIe Firewire card with a T.I. chipset (desired type) and there was no problems in Win 10. I downsized my recording studio and now have a MOTU 4pre that uses USB. The Traveler Mk3 uses the same driver as the 896Mk3 Hybrid so I would suspect the Firewire card you have. If the interface you have does not have a T.I. chipset as a first step I would get one that does have the T.I. chipset.
    This is the card I used: LINK

fireberd, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 64bit won't recognize my camcorder via firewire.

Hi Zane,

For us to isolate the concern, kindly answer the following:

• Does you Sharp DV Mini Camcorder works on other computer?
    • Have you tried using a different Firewire cable?
    • Do you still have any other devices or other Camcorder that can be connected using the Firewire? If so, have you tried connecting them using your Windows 10 computer to check if they will work?
    • Have you followed the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar? If so, kindly provide us the result.
    • What is happening when you're connecting your Sharp DV Mini Camcorder using Firewire? Are you receiving any error messages
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Firewire problem - Similar Threads - Firewire problem

2. I have installed a firewire card in the pci slot of my Dell Optiplex 7010 and the pc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have installed a firewire card in the pci slot of my Dell Optiplex 7010 and the pc...: I have installed a firewire card in the pci slot of my Dell Optiplex 7010 and the pc recognizes it in device manager, however, it doesn't function in my Wondershare 13 software. Understood that Adobe Premiere Pro no longer supports tape-based workflow but I know of no such...
  3. I have installed a firewire card in the pci slot of my Dell Optiplex 7010 and the pc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have installed a firewire card in the pci slot of my Dell Optiplex 7010 and the pc...: I have installed a firewire card in the pci slot of my Dell Optiplex 7010 and the pc recognizes it in device manager, however, it doesn't function in my Wondershare 13 software. Understood that Adobe Premiere Pro no longer supports tape-based workflow but I know of no such...
  4. Problem with firewire camera interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with firewire camera interface: I have a Sony DCR-TRV330 camera. The camera's interface is via firewire. I am using Corel's VideoStudio version 2021. I purchased a new computer February 2022 and it came with Windows 11. Prior to that I was using Windows 10. I have never had a problem with Windows 10. It has...
  5. Problem with firewire camera interface

Problem with firewire camera interface: I have a Sony DCR-TRV330 camera. The camera's interface is via firewire. I am using Corel's VideoStudio version 2021. I purchased a new computer February 2022 and it came with Windows 11. Prior to that I was using Windows 10. I have never had a problem with Windows 10. It has...
  6. Windows 10 usb and firewire audio drivers problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 usb and firewire audio drivers problem: HelloOn my old pc with windows 10 there was any problem with my audio devices. On the new system also with windows 10, the audio drivers on both usb and firewire audio interfaces have major problems .The firewire device isn't working at all , whereas the usb device is working...
  7. Windows 10 usb and firewire audio drivers problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 usb and firewire audio drivers problem: HelloOn my old pc with windows 10 there was any problem with my audio devices. On the new system also with windows 10, the audio drivers on both usb and firewire audio interfaces have major problems .The firewire device isn't working at all , whereas the usb device is working...
  8. Windows 10 usb and firewire audio drivers problem

9. Does Windows 10 build 20161 solve the longstanding Firewire driver problem for audio...

Does Windows 10 build 20161 solve the longstanding Firewire driver problem for audio...: As is well known in the audio recording communities, audio interfaces which require legacy drivers are plagued with having to uininstall the firewire driver every time there is a window update, and replace it with a legacy driver. After the last couple of Win10 updates, the...
  10. Firewire problems with windows 10 and audio interface

Firewire problems with windows 10 and audio interface: Hi everyone Im an amateur musician composer (I do have a day job in architecture). I've joined this group because I'm having major problems with my music setup after building a new pc for using VSTi virtual instruments / orchestral sample sets. I use a firewire audio...