Windows 10: Windows 10 First Time Activation without Internet Access

Discus and support Windows 10 First Time Activation without Internet Access in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We ordered two new PCs from Dell. We created the new local account on both PCs, however, one of them has been successfully activated by telephone,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wuyi Li, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Wuyi Li Win User

Windows 10 First Time Activation without Internet Access

We ordered two new PCs from Dell. We created the new local account on both PCs, however, one of them has been successfully activated by telephone, while the other one stated "Need the internet access to activate Windows". I tried to run "slui 4" to get back to the telephone activation process, but it didn't get me back at the time.

Is there any standard operation procedure that I could follow? It was different to reach any technical support representative from Microsoft hotline at the time.

Any helps will be appreciated.

:)

Wuyi Li, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 First Time Activation without Internet Access

How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

1) Verify it is activated by right-clicking on the start button, selecting System, scroll down to the bottom, and it should say "Windows is activated." If it does not, make sure the computer has internet access, click on activate windows now and then close it when it asks for a key. Let it sit there for a few minutes and it should switch to activated. Microsoft now has a hardware ID for you Windows 7 upgrade.

2) Install Windows 10 from the install media (likely one of the ISOs). Make sure the ISO matches what was originally installed and activated. For example, don't use a Win 10 Pro ISO to install Win 10 Home. It won't work activate.

3) Once you get back into Windows, repeat step #1 when the system has internet access. It should automatically grab the key and activate.

Windows 10 can install without a key. It just assumes trial mode if you do.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 First Time Activation without Internet Access

1. Windows 10 First Time Activation without Internet Access - Similar Threads - Activation without Internet

2. Windows 10 for the first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 for the first time: Hey, so I installed windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop it's c660-12t. And now I'm Trying to boot it but it's taking more than 45 minutes to boot up and it's my first time booting so is that normal, and the windows logo disappeared so there as a black screen2gb ddr3 ram300 gb...
  3. Windows 10 for the first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 for the first time: Hey, so I installed windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop it's c660-12t. And now I'm Trying to boot it but it's taking more than 45 minutes to boot up and it's my first time booting so is that normal, and the windows logo disappeared so there as a black screen2gb ddr3 ram300 gb...
  4. Windows 10 for the first time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to reset computer from first time start up without access to admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset computer from first time start up without access to admin: So, basically, my windows somehow doesn't have the eula, & I tried to get around it by making a new user & it automatically loading into that user. Didn't work, & I forgot to make that user admin so now I'm locked out of defaultuser0, which means I can't change the default...
  6. problem regarding First time Windows activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem regarding First time Windows activation: I bought Windows and installed on my new PC, entered the product key while installation. After installation, These error messages are shown in' Activate' settings Page. It shows "We can’t activate Windows on this device because you don’t have a valid digital license or...
  7. Windows 10 activation without internet OR phone

Windows 10 activation without internet OR phone: I have secure laptops with Windows 10. No internet. I tried the phone connection path but the machine said I can't activate that way. How can I activate Windows 10 without the internet OR the phone?...
  8. Accessing an emailed windows download without internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accessing an emailed windows download without internet: I recently got a new PC and bought Windows 10 Home via email download. However when trying to access my email/internet on the new PC I get the following error message - "Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not...
  9. Windows 10 not connecting to internet at first

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not connecting to internet at first: The OS of my 6-year-old Lenovo 64 bit desktop was changed just from Windows 7 to 10, but now it will not connect to the internet on the initial boot up. It does connect, though, after the computer is restarted. The initial start-up happens very quickly, but the restart takes...
  10. Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall).

Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall).: Short description: If I run slmgr -ato when using a direct connection to the internet the device is activated, if doing the same from the network with limited internet access activation fails. What sites/urls/ports must I allow to be able to activate Windows from our limited...