Windows 10: Windows 10 Flac Tag Problems in File Explorer with Details Pane

Discus and support Windows 10 Flac Tag Problems in File Explorer with Details Pane in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know if this is just me or not, but it seems like whenever I use the details pane to edit the tags of .flac audio files, File Explorer really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnTravolski, May 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Flac Tag Problems in File Explorer with Details Pane

I don't know if this is just me or not, but it seems like whenever I use the details pane to edit the tags of .flac audio files, File Explorer really starts slow down. I also have this problem whenever I simply highlight .flac audio files in File Explorer. I notice that this only happens whenever the details pane is open, which implies that this is a problem corresponding to how Windows 10 handles the reading of .flac audio file tags.

This is what I mean by "highlight:"
    Windows 10 Flac Tag Problems in File Explorer with Details Pane [​IMG]

Interestingly, this problem does NOT persist with MP3 files, so there must be something fundamentally different about how Windows handles reading the two types of tags.

I am on Windows 10 Home version 10.0.16299 Build 16299 if that helps.

Does anybody else have this issue, or is it just me? If not, what should I do to fix it?

:)

JohnTravolski, May 14, 2018
  2. Ehsu99 Win User

some FLAC Tags in Explorer not visible

With Windows 10 version 1607 updated, You don't need 'FLAC Property Handler' plug-in. Please just remove it.

I have updated version 1607 last month, FLAC support in WMP and
    Explorer all seems O.K. So I uninstalled all related plug-ins.

Only one minor issue, when you right kick a FLAC file at Explorer and select contents to check detail music Tags. It display normal file mata data, not show the Tags information. You might install '
    FLACPropertyHandlerSetup_x64 (v1.5)' plug-in to fix it.

Ehsu99, May 15, 2018
  3. DJBPace07 Win User
    some FLAC Tags in Explorer not visible

Tags in FLAC and OGG are stored in VORBIS comments which are different than MP3's storing in ID3 tags. FLAC can store tag information in both VORBIS and ID3 tags, but the FLAC standard only guarantees information in VORBIS. The issue people are having
    is Windows cannot view the tags with Explorer, and possibly Windows Media Player, without additional software but playback of FLAC is possible.

I gave up trying to troubleshoot this problem a while ago and moved music playback over to a guaranteed FLAC media player like "MediaMonkey." It easily reads the tags and can do most of what WMP can, it just doesn't look as pretty.

DJBPace07, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Flac Tag Problems in File Explorer with Details Pane

1. Windows 10 Flac Tag Problems in File Explorer with Details Pane - Similar Threads - Flac Tag Problems

2. The details pane on file explorer update sucks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The details pane on file explorer update sucks.: I used to be able to highlight 79 photos at once and add a comment that would apply to all 79 photos. Now? NO I followed anther thread concerning this issue but the old "fixes" don't seem to work anymore. Is there anything that can be done to reverse this annoying "update". I...
  3. How to show Details pane in File Explorer of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show Details pane in File Explorer of Windows 10: The Details pane in File Explorer of Windows 10 helps to view details related to a selected folder or file. You can check details like date modified, date taken, dimensions, frame width n height, frame rate, etc., for a video file, image file, EXE file, folder, etc. Depending...
  4. Missing Tags on FLAC Files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing Tags on FLAC Files: Hey, y'all. I recently migrated from MacOS to WIndows and brought my small library of FLAC music with me. Pretty much everything has been seamless with the exception of two files. In Explorer and Groove, they appear to have no tags, yet in Mp3tag and VLC they do. Every other...
  5. FLAC files have no tags in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FLAC files have no tags in windows 10: I can access the tags and alter them via mp3 tagger, but neither the file explorer, Windows Media Player, or Groove Music can read it. I read a statement from October 2018 that it was bugged? This has not been fixed...
  6. Details Pane in File Explorer does not include stars or tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Details Pane in File Explorer does not include stars or tags: I want to add tags to my files, especially picture files and Photoshop PSD files. My details pane does not show hardly ANY of the information that I see on help guides for how to add tags! How can I make the details pane show tags so that I can tag my f***ing pictures?...
  7. Position of File Explorer Details Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Position of File Explorer Details Pane: Hi. According to the final entries on this old thread: Possible to display details pane on bottom? - Page 2 - - Windows 10 Forums oldnewexplorer doesn't work after the Windows 10 anniversary update. I've newly upgraded to W10 and am disappointed that there is no longer a...
  8. Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags: I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details...
  9. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows: How to: Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows How to Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties...
  10. Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information The details pane in File Explorer shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 tag flac

2. windows 10 explorer flac tags