Windows 10: Windows 10 flicker bug

Discus and support Windows 10 flicker bug in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Voidfaller519 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpc3iz/windows_10_flicker_bug/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Voidfaller519, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 flicker bug

/u/Voidfaller519, Apr 12, 2021
  2. ss2020 Win User

Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows 10 flicker bug

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 flicker bug

1. Windows 10 flicker bug - Similar Threads - flicker bug

2. Screen Flickering after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen Flickering after updates: My computer was perfectly fine until I updated it recently15th march and from then onwards my screen flickers occasionally I believe the following update is responsible for this and also I have tried resetting my display adapter in device manager which did not change anything...
  3. Laptop: USB eject sound and flickering screen when I move around my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop: USB eject sound and flickering screen when I move around my laptop: Hello! A few days ago my laptop started making these USB disconnect/connect sounds at the same time as the screen was flickering black/white/blue for a second or two. This happens when I move my laptop a little, for example when I carry it somewhere or if it's on my lap and I...
  4. screen flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen flickering: I am having problems with my Hp ProBook 470 G2, most of the times i open up my laptop to continue with any activities i was doing on it,the screen starts flickering and displays purple lines or a purplish color which sometimes affects the whole display, this goes away after...
  5. RX6900XT Screen flickering & sound cuts out.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    RX6900XT Screen flickering & sound cuts out.: I haven't tested this issue with other games but so far I've only noticed this in Crossout, Every 5 mins or so the screen will flicker with half of the screen looking like static from a dead tv channel. As well as that the sound cuts out during the visual issue. This does not...
  6. Screen flickering after win10 update - Lenovo X1 8th gen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen flickering after win10 update - Lenovo X1 8th gen: Hello,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 8th gen. I have a fresh install of win10 pro, after win10 update, restart and login to account the screen start flickering and can do nothing. The only thing that it's working it's task manager.I tried...
  7. All browsers, except Microsoft Edge, flicker a white window and immediately crash on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All browsers, except Microsoft Edge, flicker a white window and immediately crash on startup: I had been using Google Chrome on my Windows 10 PC. After closing it, I soon reopened it, and all that happened was a flicker of a white window opening and immediately closing. I tried Opera as well, and the same thing happened, I reinstalled both, and they would crash...
  8. Odd screen flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd screen flickering: Hello All,I know this type of question has been asked numerous times, but I can't figure out how to fix this problem. I have an ASUS Transformer Flip TP550L. It is an intel i5 with an intel HD 5500 graphics, Ever since I undated to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update a couple...
  9. Google chrome taskbar flickering orange when using bot in c#

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google chrome taskbar flickering orange when using bot in c#: HI,Is there any way to turn off the annoying orange flickering of Google Chrome in the taskbar. I made a bot in c#, and it's running in the background in Google Chrome, however, every 10 seconds, Chrome asks my attention with flickering orange in my taskbar. I want to stop...
  10. Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering: My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning. PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now) What happened: all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document...