Windows 10: Windows 10 folder attribute

Discus and support Windows 10 folder attribute in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What does it mean between A no mark B square mark and C V mark in Windows 10 folder attribute "read only only applies to files in folder"? I ask... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by karmapala, May 9, 2020.

1. karmapala Win User

Windows 10 folder attribute

What does it mean between
    A no mark
    B square mark and
    C V mark
    in Windows 10 folder attribute "read only only applies to files in folder"?

I ask this because I see that all my folders has B,

and every time I try to do A or C it always coming back to B.

I've googled it but I'm unable to find the answer of my question above.
    So, this is not a question on how to solve B keep coming back.

I'd be glad if someone can explain me something like this :
    With A condition, if.... then....
    With B condition, if.... then...
    With C condition, if.... then...

Any kind of respond is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advanced.

:)

karmapala, May 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 9, 2020
  3. Folder attributes/customization lost on copy or move in Windows 10 1607 (Anniversary Update)

This is a head-scratcher for sure!

Create a folder (say, TestFolder) and at the command-line use
    attrib +r TestFolder
    or attrib +s TestFolder to set read-only or system attributes for the folder. Then in File Explorer:

Windows 10 1511
    (10586.589)

• Make a copy of the folder with attributes +R/+S on the same partition - Copy has
      same attributes set as the original
    • Make a copy of the folder with attributes +R/+S on a different partition - Copy has
      same attributes set as the original
    • Move the folder with attributes +R/+S elsewhere on the same partition - Folder still has
      same attributes set as before
    • Move the folder with attributes +R/+S to a different partition - Folder still has

Windows 10 1607 (14393.222 & Preview Build
    14936)

• Make a copy of the folder with attributes +R/+S on the same partition - Copy
      loses
      attributes of the original
    • Make a copy of the folder with attributes +R/+S on a different partition - Copy
      loses attributes of the original
    • Move the folder with attributes +R/+S elsewhere on same partition - Folder still has
    • Move the folder with attributes +R/+S to a different partition - Folder
      loses
      attributes it had before

Besides the purely puzzling nature of the change in behavior, this has direct repercussions because it means customized folders (with non-default icons for example) lose their customization on being copied/moved in Windows 10 1607. This is because for desktop.ini
    to work folders needs to have either the +R or +S attribute set.

• What is the reason for this breaking change and has it been announced anywhere?
    • How can we revert back to the behavior of Windows 10 1511 (and previous Windows versions going back to Windows 7 and probably earlier)?
    • If it is indeed a bug in Windows 10 1607 then when will it be fixed?

Update (Feb. 10, 2017): The bug finally
    seems to be fixed
    in Insider Preview build 15019 but the fix hasn't been pushed out to previous Windows 10 versions (1507/1511/1607) yet.

RobertJWin, May 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 folder attribute

Shawn Brink, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 folder attribute

1. Windows 10 folder attribute - Similar Threads - folder attribute

2. How does win 10 control folder attributes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does win 10 control folder attributes?: I was in the process of changing jpgs in the meta data of my mp3 collection. I'd finished several hundred before the updates stopped taking. I tried dropping to dos and used the attribute -r command to fix this. Although I didn't get an error the change did not take place. In...
  3. How does win 10 control folder attributes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How does win 10 control folder attributes?: I was in the process of changing jpgs in the meta data of my mp3 collection. I'd finished several hundred before the updates stopped taking. I tried dropping to dos and used the attribute -r command to fix this. Although I didn't get an error the change did not take place. In...
  4. How does win 10 control folder attributes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Organize folders by numeric attribute. Assigning number to folder.

Organize folders by numeric attribute. Assigning number to folder.: I'm looking for a way to organize files/folders in a numeric order without changing the name of the file/folders.The end result would be i could organize material from class based on the order assignments are given to me.My current system is labeling folders like...
  6. Organize folders by numeric attribute. Assigning number to folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organize folders by numeric attribute. Assigning number to folder.: I'm looking for a way to organize files/folders in a numeric order without changing the name of the file/folders.The end result would be i could organize material from class based on the order assignments are given to me.My current system is labeling folders like...
  7. Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.: I am an admin and only user of my PC Win 10 10.0.19045 Build 19045I tried to remove the Read Only attribute of the Download folder or Program Files folder and none would work. It would always revert back to Read-Only. For that reason, I am unable to install a software.I have...
  8. Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.: I am an admin and only user of my PC Win 10 10.0.19045 Build 19045I tried to remove the Read Only attribute of the Download folder or Program Files folder and none would work. It would always revert back to Read-Only. For that reason, I am unable to install a software.I have...
  9. Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.

10. Photos Folder and Hidden/System Attribute Automatically Set

Photos Folder and Hidden/System Attribute Automatically Set: I have several folders located on NAS drive with {random path}\Photos\ When navigating to the folder can go to the path {random path} and the folder will be missing from explorer. There are two ways I can get to the folder without changing my system settings to view system...