Windows 10: Windows 10 Folder Content Displays Blue Bar

Discus and support Windows 10 Folder Content Displays Blue Bar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When my folder is full of files and I want to highlight and cut files the file titles are active with a BLUE bar that is as long as the longest title... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cpmaster, Mar 2, 2020.

1. cpmaster Win User

Windows 10 Folder Content Displays Blue Bar

When my folder is full of files and I want to highlight and cut files the file titles are active with a BLUE bar that is as long as the longest title in the folder. This blue bar interferes with the highlighting and cutting. How do I eliminate this blue bar? I would love to add a "screen capture" but I do not know how to create and attach one.

:)

cpmaster, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2020
  3. display contents of folder on hover ?

I used to have an app that let you hover the mouse over a folder and you will see the contents display in a pop up area.. similar to the right click context feature. You could then choose a shortcut from that to open - all without ever opening the folder itself.

I cant for the life of me find that app but i want to use it to help organize my desktop.

Any ideas?

John Phoenix, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Folder Content Displays Blue Bar

Display of names of folder contents

Not sure if this is a Win10 problem or a software problem but here goes: When I open a folder the contents are always displayed as icons, which forces me to change it to a list each and every time, which is a time-consuming nuisance! Is there any way to
    show the contents as a list by default?

Many thanks for any help.

Brandon.Jones, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Folder Content Displays Blue Bar

1. Windows 10 Folder Content Displays Blue Bar - Similar Threads - Folder Content Displays

2. Windows search bar content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search bar content: How would you change what appears when you click the search icon on the task bar? Is it even possible?I really could not care less about "suggested", "quick searches" or "top apps". I just want to click the magnifying glass and have a small text box where I can type what I am...
  3. Windows search bar content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search bar content: How would you change what appears when you click the search icon on the task bar? Is it even possible?I really could not care less about "suggested", "quick searches" or "top apps". I just want to click the magnifying glass and have a small text box where I can type what I am...
  4. displaying disc content

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    displaying disc content: i am having no success at dispalying disc content when the disc is inserted into the laptop. anyone know how to get that content onto the screen? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displaying-disc-content/7b0ae80f-c835-496f-8569-3e54507939fe
  5. Windows 10 folder contents view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 folder contents view options: I was wondering how to turn off the folder contents "organization" nonesense. Today, Earlier This Week, Last Week, Earlier This Month, Last Month, Last year, A long time ago. It's super annoying. I just want to be able to sort by file type or date modified etc... without...
  6. Displaying contents of OneCloud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displaying contents of OneCloud: how do I display contents of OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displaying-contents-of-onecloud/cb3ddfd9-ae58-4a75-a52a-6587b989c37a
  7. Folders with Windows 8.1 contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders with Windows 8.1 contents: I found these two folders here: 443f7ae789fc2ec709be419ef5 Content: Windows8.1-KB3003057-x64.cab Windows8.1-KB3003057-x64.XML Windows8.1-KB3003057-x64-pkgProperties.txt WSUSSCAN.cab a67fe9745966ffe9b0db8b726d6913 Content: Windows8.1-KB3014442-x64.cab...
  8. Contents of Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contents of Folder: I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet, but the only way I know of that "MAY" work is to print the file names to an Adobe file and then convert them over to an...
  9. Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed: I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a SSD. I'm keeping many files on an external USB hard drive. I had included the external drive's Documents folder in my Documents library. The File Explorer displayed files and folders on both the internal SSD and the external drive...
  10. Doc folder contents display on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Doc folder contents display on desktop: The contents of my documents folder permanently display all over my desktop. Ive heard this is a common problem but cannot find a resolution Help 76965