Windows 10: Windows 10 folder contents view options

Discus and support Windows 10 folder contents view options in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was wondering how to turn off the folder contents "organization" nonesense. Today, Earlier This Week, Last Week, Earlier This Month, Last Month,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarianneMusicMaster, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 folder contents view options

I was wondering how to turn off the folder contents "organization" nonesense. Today, Earlier This Week, Last Week, Earlier This Month, Last Month, Last year, A long time ago. It's super annoying. I just want to be able to sort by file type or date modified etc... without all the separations. It makes my job more difficult. I hate it. How can I turn that nonsense off?

:)

MarianneMusicMaster, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2020
  3. TomStrong Win User
    View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 folder contents view options

Viewing file folder contents

While viewing the contents of a file folder, I will scroll through them but if I stop scrolling for a few seconds, the view changes to the top of the file folder list. Is there a setting that controls/affects this?

KerryDeVore, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 folder contents view options

1. Windows 10 folder contents view options - Similar Threads - folder contents view

2. I CAN'T VIEW THE CONTENTS OF THE FOLDER SCAN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CAN'T VIEW THE CONTENTS OF THE FOLDER SCAN.: I am in my PC, Trymeee_PC/cesmz which is supposed to have administrator rights. however, I can't view the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans" folder because I am denied the permission to do so. I don't understand why cause it seems that I should have full...
  3. I CAN'T VIEW THE CONTENTS OF THE FOLDER SCAN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I CAN'T VIEW THE CONTENTS OF THE FOLDER SCAN.: I am in my PC, Trymeee_PC/cesmz which is supposed to have administrator rights. however, I can't view the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans" folder because I am denied the permission to do so. I don't understand why cause it seems that I should have full...
  4. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder view option: How to always show folders as icons and show files as thumbnails? I went to Folder Option -> View tab and see that this two settings goes together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-view-option/5a0d8e1d-8e72-4268-a547-15d778310392
  5. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder view option: How to always show folders as icons and show files as thumbnails? I went to Folder Option -> View tab and see that this two settings goes together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-view-option/5a0d8e1d-8e72-4268-a547-15d778310392
  6. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Change folder view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change folder view options: Hi. I want to permanently change the folder view options but what I want to do isn't available under the "Options" & "View" dialogue box. I would like to have the following columns in all my folders every time I open them: Name - Date Modified - Size - Path. That's all. The...
  8. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not saving my folder view options: Hello forum! First of all I apologize for my bad English. It is a somewhat annoying subject, the problem is the following. The personal User folder, from time to time does not save the configuration of the folder view. I always have it saved so that it shows folders in...
  9. Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders: So it was my understanding that when you go into view options, and click "Apply to Folders" that it only applies to folders of a that type. For me, it seems to be a blanket setting. Am i misunderstanding how its supposed to function? I go into my videos folder and set...
  10. Windows 10 folder view option problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 folder view option problem: Hello there, i recently tried opened "changefolder and search options", there in the view tab, i found OFF and ON written at the end of each check box item. For e.g. "Always show menus-OFF". Did this happen bcoz of a virus or bad registry entry. Kindly help. 123224