Windows 10: Windows 10 folder icon mismatch between laptop & desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 folder icon mismatch between laptop & desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, so I have a laptop and a desktop with windows 10 on it but the folder icons are different on each of them, I would like them to look the same,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by timoxendale, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 folder icon mismatch between laptop & desktop

Hey, so I have a laptop and a desktop with windows 10 on it but the folder icons are different on each of them, I would like them to look the same, would anyone know why they are different and how to change them?

Windows 10 folder icon mismatch between laptop & desktop [​IMG]

Desktop is build is 18362.900
    Laptop build is 18362.1016

:)

timoxendale, Sep 9, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Sep 9, 2020
  3. psbecker Win User
    Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 folder icon mismatch between laptop & desktop

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 folder icon mismatch between laptop & desktop

1. Windows 10 folder icon mismatch between laptop & desktop - Similar Threads - folder icon mismatch

2. architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application: I am running Office 2010 on a new Windows 11 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. I have a classic asp application which connects to Access databases. I've used the 32-bit ODBC data source manager the one in SysWOW64 to create DSNs but get the error 'The specified...
  3. architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application: I am running Office 2010 on a new Windows 11 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. I have a classic asp application which connects to Access databases. I've used the 32-bit ODBC data source manager the one in SysWOW64 to create DSNs but get the error 'The specified...
  4. Desktop Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Folder Icons: I changed my desktop folder icons through properties in the folder the folder is not a shortcut. I downloaded a icon and used that and every couple minutes, the icon changes back to its default. Is there any way to fix this?...
  5. Switch laptops between desktops?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switch laptops between desktops?: With Windows 10 there is the possibility to switch between "desktops". So not different monitors, but virtual desktops to work structured. Now I have the problem that if I start an application in Desktop 1 (e.g. Discord) and then swap to Desktop 2 before Discord has fully...
  6. sync folders between laptop and desktop in Windows 10

sync folders between laptop and desktop in Windows 10: How can I sync folders between my laptop and desktop in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-folders-between-laptop-and-desktop-in-windows/ea5b68ac-1676-49c9-8bf7-15f02fae9dcb
  7. Sharing files and folders between Windows 10 laptop and Windows 7 desktop

Sharing files and folders between Windows 10 laptop and Windows 7 desktop: Since buying a new HP laptop with Windows 10, I have had incomplete access to folders and files in my husband's Windows 7 desktop. All the sharing permissions have been activated in the Advanced options of the Network and Sharing centre in both computers and files that I...
  8. Organize folders between desktop views?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Organize folders between desktop views?: Something I was curious about - my personal computer is also my work computer, and I was hoping there might be a way to be able to switch between desktop views and keep all my work in one view so that I don't have to see it when I'm not working, without having to create two...
  9. Perplexing mismatch between properties of folder and its backup

in Windows 10 Support
    Perplexing mismatch between properties of folder and its backup: I'm running 64-bit Windows 10 version 1803 on my ASUS X750JA laptop. Recently, I've noticed that after backing up files, the Windows Explorer 'Properties' for original and backup folders are quite different. Today, for example, I copied the folder containing all my documents...
  10. Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar": hi there, unfortunately there is this 1 cm gap between my "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar" and i have searched on google but didn't find anything, have anyone has ever crossed such issue before? there... i added an screenshot, thank u very much for your attention....