Windows 10: Windows 10 folder names problem

Discus and support Windows 10 folder names problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, how come the Windows folders are in English and not in Italian? I would like to understand how I can solve the problem, thanks! [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TotòMariani, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 folder names problem

Hi, how come the Windows folders are in English and not in Italian? I would like to understand how I can solve the problem, thanks!

Windows 10 folder names problem 56b510e3-3a2f-48d8-b180-20c281de5e7d?upload=true.png

:)

TotòMariani, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 folder names problem

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 folder names problem

1. Windows 10 folder names problem - Similar Threads - folder names problem

2. Name problem in the Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Name problem in the Users folder: HelloI have Windows 11 and I have synced Windows with my Outlook account, the problem is that my name is not displayed correctly in the Users folder.I wanted to know how to change the name in the Users folder I found ways and methods, but none of them are official and have...
  3. Name problem in the Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Name problem in the Users folder: HelloI have Windows 11 and I have synced Windows with my Outlook account, the problem is that my name is not displayed correctly in the Users folder.I wanted to know how to change the name in the Users folder I found ways and methods, but none of them are official and have...
  4. Problem With Folder Naming On windows11 LTR RTL Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem With Folder Naming On windows11 LTR RTL Problem: Hello There,Recently When I turned on my laptop I saw all of my Folders that they named in Arabic/Persian. was disordered.folder character order was swapped from RTL to ltr and the words of names were fragmented. ex. فارسی to ی‌س‌ر‌ا‌فI should Notice that this problem doesn't...
  5. Problem With Folder Naming On windows11 LTR RTL Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem With Folder Naming On windows11 LTR RTL Problem: Hello There,Recently When I turned on my laptop I saw all of my Folders that they named in Arabic/Persian. was disordered.folder character order was swapped from RTL to ltr and the words of names were fragmented. ex. فارسی to ی‌س‌ر‌ا‌فI should Notice that this problem doesn't...
  6. Searching Windows 10 folders that contain a "." in the folder name

in Cortana
    Searching Windows 10 folders that contain a "." in the folder name: //Edited title I have a set of development folders - each root folder has names with dots in them. i.e. "Myfolder.webapi" and sometimes "myfolder.webapi.myproduct". all these are legal file names. These folders themselves contain regular files and subdirectories....
  7. Folder name problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder name problem: I want to set a new folder in another folder but the folder name is restricted to 34 characters only. I set a this folder in my OneDrive: LCS1088301 case reports & questionnaires and another subfolder in that folder: LCS1088301 case reports & questi I was not allowed to...
  8. Problem with folder name in 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with folder name in 'This PC': I'm running, Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.330) Just briefly I'm on a new laptop and have been making changes including adding a second SSD (SATA 2.5") as well as installing a larger M.2 SSD and my system drive. All is working well except for one issue that is driving me nuts....
  9. Folder name and Location problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder name and Location problem: Hi ! I tried transferring the Location of my Downloads and Desktop folder to Drive "D" by changing its property location. But, after doing it, it seems that the Desktop folder renames itself to "downloads" and all the files that pertains from the download will also be viewed...
  10. Filename and Folder Name problem - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Filename and Folder Name problem - Windows 10: I don't know how to change font thickness(now i can see every pixel),and Filenames and Folder names are written in black color. i want default settings for font. [ATTACH] Sorry for bad english....