Windows 10: Windows 10 Folder Permissions

Discus and support Windows 10 Folder Permissions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just incase you run into an issue with folder permission, were windows does not allow the transfer of files or folders from one drive to another.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by helloha, Jan 11, 2019.

1. helloha Win User

Windows 10 Folder Permissions

Just incase you run into an issue with folder permission, were windows does not allow the transfer of files or folders from one drive to another.
    Solved:
    Right click on folder (or file)>Properties> select the security tab>To change permissions click edit>Add>Enter the object names: type 'all'>click ok> then under 'Allow' tick 'full control'> Apply>ok>ok to close the box.

You can do the same for an external HDD if problems occur when connecting the drive to a new pc. Right click the drive via 'This PC' and follow the above instructions.

I hope this helps. *Smile

:)

helloha, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Jan 11, 2019
  4. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Folder Permissions - Similar Threads - Folder Permissions

2. You required permission from SYSTEM to make changes while trying to uninstall a game folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You required permission from SYSTEM to make changes while trying to uninstall a game folder: I'm having problems with uninstalling the game Wolfenstein II New collosus, I can't uninstall it from apps & functions due to it not showing up there. I tried delete it manually but i lack permissions from SYSTEM to delete it, even though i'm on administrator account. I tried...
  3. I can't get permissions for the WindowsApps folder

I can't get permissions for the WindowsApps folder: I know this question has been asked many times, but, even by following every instruction I could find, I couldn't manage to solve the problem. I already tried to set my (administrator) account as owner in WindowsApps Properties > Security > Advanced, and now I'm able to...
  4. Windows 10 permissions issue on shared folders

Windows 10 permissions issue on shared folders: I have a number of computers on a small network. One of these is a file server (running Windows 10). In Windows 7 and early versions of 10, I simply set up a home group and then could map network drives; once this happened I was able to store all my data on the server and...
  5. Folder permissions, windows search engine permissions, default permissions.

Folder permissions, windows search engine permissions, default permissions.: Something around one year ago the permissions on my pc were changed by something and I have encountered many problems since. Generally, the default system permissions were changed somewhere in my main partition C:\ causing problems while installing software (installers...
  6. Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's...

Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's...: There is a folder on my company's share drive that, even with administrator access (assistant IT Admin), I cannot view nor edit the permission settings of a specific folder. I can see the settings and change permission with every folder in the main directory where this...
  7. Admin permission prompt box not showing, cannot modify admin folders as a result

Admin permission prompt box not showing, cannot modify admin folders as a result: Hi, I've had this issue for a while (>6 months) but never took the time to ask here, it's a pretty strange issue. Problem: Whenever I try to modify a directory that requires admin privileges using the explorer, nothing happens... For example : If I try to move a file...
  8. Sharing entire drive gives permission access error, folders work fine.

Sharing entire drive gives permission access error, folders work fine.: So I just clean installed Windows 10 version 1903 on a few of my computers. On one computer, I am trying to share the whole drive through simple sharing options but when I try to access that drive from another machine I get an unable to access due to permissions error....
  9. Sharing entire drive gives permission access error, folders work fine.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sharing entire drive gives permission access error, folders work fine.: So I just clean installed Windows 10 version 1903 on a few of my computers. On one computer, I am trying to share the whole drive through simple sharing options but when I try to access that drive from another machine I get an unable to access due to permissions error....
  10. File/Folder permissions preventing app launch?

File/Folder permissions preventing app launch?: In trying to start Adobe After Effects, "After Effects can’t continue: Standard 3D module is missing." appears after "Cleaning Up" disappears from the splash screen. After clicking Ok on the error, the splash screen goes away and I get this dialog box: "After Effects can't...