Windows 10: Windows 10 Folder Permissions

Discus and support Windows 10 Folder Permissions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just incase you run into an issue with folder permission, were windows does not allow the transfer of files or folders from one drive to another.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by helloha, Jan 11, 2019.

1. helloha Win User

Windows 10 Folder Permissions

Just incase you run into an issue with folder permission, were windows does not allow the transfer of files or folders from one drive to another.
    Solved:
    Right click on folder (or file)>Properties> select the security tab>To change permissions click edit>Add>Enter the object names: type 'all'>click ok> then under 'Allow' tick 'full control'> Apply>ok>ok to close the box.

You can do the same for an external HDD if problems occur when connecting the drive to a new pc. Right click the drive via 'This PC' and follow the above instructions.

I hope this helps. *Smile

:)

helloha, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Jan 11, 2019
  4. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Folder Permissions - Similar Threads - Folder Permissions

2. File and Folder Permission Problem in Windows 10 v1809

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File and Folder Permission Problem in Windows 10 v1809: There appears to be a serious bug in Windows 10 v1809. To reproduce the symptom, try this using default Windows GUI tools: 1. Create an arbitrary file, named "TEST" for example. 2. Remove file permission inheritance from TEST. ("Disable Inheritance", choose to copy...
  3. How to set up permissions for a folder to solely disable deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set up permissions for a folder to solely disable deletion: Hello, I'm working on setting up security settings on a folder for compliance that needs deletion disabled on it but needs to have file creation and modification enabled on it. The problem we're running into is that when we disable the deletion permissions (delete and delete...
  4. Windows 10 folder permission

Windows 10 folder permission: Hi I recently purchased FL Mobile 3 from the Microsoft store and am having trouble gaining full permission to the App's folders. I attempted to drop a music folder into the App folder but was denied due to lack of permission. I went through various tutorials and tried...
  5. crashing apps, vanishing folder permissions and shortcut program locations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    crashing apps, vanishing folder permissions and shortcut program locations: i'll start with the folder issue,, after updates the folder permission principle trusted installer or system overides any user settings (most often just wipes all permissions) to user created folders this causes any shorcuts to these folders to become redundant and sometimes...
  6. Documents folder is set to readonly attrib -r returns permission denied

Documents folder is set to readonly attrib -r returns permission denied: My C:\Users\Name\Documents folder is set to readonly. I tried attrib -r in an admin command prompt but it always returns permission denied. Any ideas?...
  7. Downloads - You don't currently have permission to access this folder

Downloads - You don't currently have permission to access this folder: Please help me to solve the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-you-dont-currently-have-permission-to/2984c174-6f5d-432a-9b7c-e0ce3795fd4a"
  8. Restore user permissions for user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore user permissions for user folder: Short story is i lost user permissions from the windows user (folder) I'm on and i need to restore them. I have windows 10 on a ssd nvme m.2 slot and another windows 10 installed on an hdd. I was on win 10 hdd and i accessed the user folder from win 10 ssd, it prompted me...
  9. Restore user permissions for user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore user permissions for user folder: Short story is i lost user permissions from the windows user (folder) I'm on and i need to restore them. I have windows 10 on a ssd nvme m.2 slot and another windows 10 installed on an hdd. I was on win 10 hdd and i accessed the user folder from win 10 ssd, it prompted me...
  10. A program ask for having permission to create folder and files (dictionary)

in Windows 10 Customization
    A program ask for having permission to create folder and files (dictionary): Valued team and user, A program ask for having permission to create folder and files (dictionary) '.\plugins\config' and my person wonders whether it is a windows folder or that of the software and how and where to change permissions....