Windows 10: Windows 10 Folder Permissions

Discus and support Windows 10 Folder Permissions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just incase you run into an issue with folder permission, were windows does not allow the transfer of files or folders from one drive to another.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by helloha, Jan 11, 2019.

1. helloha Win User

Windows 10 Folder Permissions

Just incase you run into an issue with folder permission, were windows does not allow the transfer of files or folders from one drive to another.
    Solved:
    Right click on folder (or file)>Properties> select the security tab>To change permissions click edit>Add>Enter the object names: type 'all'>click ok> then under 'Allow' tick 'full control'> Apply>ok>ok to close the box.

You can do the same for an external HDD if problems occur when connecting the drive to a new pc. Right click the drive via 'This PC' and follow the above instructions.

I hope this helps. *Smile

:)

helloha, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Jan 11, 2019
  4. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Folder Permissions - Similar Threads - Folder Permissions

2. I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...: Screen shot Attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-scan-a-file-but-not-save-in-default-folder-in/0625891b-b953-4668-8ad1-bb235ef997ec
  3. I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...: Screen shot Attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-scan-a-file-but-not-save-in-default-folder-in/0625891b-b953-4668-8ad1-bb235ef997ec
  4. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  5. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  6. When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...: When I try the right click>properties>security etc method to fix it, I can't add a new permission for everyone as the 'add' button is greyed out....
  7. When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...

When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...: When I try the right click>properties>security etc method to fix it, I can't add a new permission for everyone as the 'add' button is greyed out....
  8. Trying to edit permission for a folder, however some have created Administrator access on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to edit permission for a folder, however some have created Administrator access on...: I am trying to save a file into my computer but it seems that someone created Administrator account on my laptop without me knowing and I am unable to change folder permission...
  9. Trying to edit permission for a folder, however some have created Administrator access on...

Trying to edit permission for a folder, however some have created Administrator access on...: I am trying to save a file into my computer but it seems that someone created Administrator account on my laptop without me knowing and I am unable to change folder permission...
  10. Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game

Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game: Hello there,I installed a game from a platform called Steam and I tried to launch but I am facing issues with this game, the other games that I do have are working normally. From what I read from the internet / Microsoft it is based on giving permission from properties >...