Windows 10: Windows 10 Folder Redirection

Discus and support Windows 10 Folder Redirection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All, I have a client that previously had Folder Redirection turned on with Group Policy (without the setting to return files to Local once removed).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RickFlashIT, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Folder Redirection

All,

I have a client that previously had Folder Redirection turned on with Group Policy (without the setting to return files to Local once removed). The server they were redirected to no longer exists. When I look at the PCs I can see that Documents and Desktop settings for the Location still point to the non-existent server share. Basically all of their Desktop and Documents are being kept in the Offline Files Cache. I have created a new share on a new server for Folder Redirection. When I applied this to the effected Users, nothing changed. How do I get the Win 10 PCs to dump the old Server\Share location setting and return the Offline Files Cache to the Local Profile? I'm fine with even doing one at a time through the Registry if need be.

Thanks,

Rick

:)

RickFlashIT, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows 10 Folder Redirection ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Folder Redirection

Windows 10 Folder redirection

I have connected a Windows 10 installation to Windows Server 2012 R2 with the essentials role installed, folder redirection is not working, how do I solve this problem, Win 7 Machines folder redirection working as expected, any assistance would be helpful,
    Thank You

Chrisfjr1300, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Folder Redirection

1. Windows 10 Folder Redirection - Similar Threads - Folder Redirection

2. Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection: we have multiple computers joined to a windows server domain with desktop redirection setup. However, not every computer has the same software installed and although each person has their own dedicated computer to use sometimes they need to sign into another computer and if...
  3. Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection: we have multiple computers joined to a windows server domain with desktop redirection setup. However, not every computer has the same software installed and although each person has their own dedicated computer to use sometimes they need to sign into another computer and if...
  4. Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder: Hi, Windows 10 and 11 users are receiving "cannot upload file, this file contains system files" error when attempting to upload Excel CSV files to Microsoft NAV. Files are located in their My Documents folder, which is being redirected to a 2016 Windows server using an...
  5. Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder: Hi, Windows 10 and 11 users are receiving "cannot upload file, this file contains system files" error when attempting to upload Excel CSV files to Microsoft NAV. Files are located in their My Documents folder, which is being redirected to a 2016 Windows server using an...
  6. Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder

7. Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder: Please can someone assist me with detailed what to do. my notebook worked fine before this. last night i changed my HP battery by myself. i restarted the notebook and it quickly went to a screen that said " CMOS error" then went to the normal loggin HP screen and the notebook...
  8. Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder: Please can someone assist me with detailed what to do. my notebook worked fine before this. last night i changed my HP battery by myself. i restarted the notebook and it quickly went to a screen that said " CMOS error" then went to the normal loggin HP screen and the notebook...
  9. Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder

10. Redirecting the everything going to the user folder

Redirecting the everything going to the user folder: I have a small system SSD-disk that is getting to small for the task. I don't really have a replacement at hand and I can't afford a new one right now. So I know windows and programs running on windows just keep filling the user-folder with all kinds of trash, it's a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folder redirection windows 10

2. windows 10 mail redirect to folder

3. windows 10 file redirection c:\Users d:

4. registry settings for folder redirection in windows 10,
  5. win 10 folder redirection work offline greyed out,
  6. redirect folder settings windows 10,
  7. get rid of redirection profile win 10,
  8. folder redirect in windows 2010,
  9. file redirection windows 10,
  10. windows folder redirection,
  11. folder redirection registry,