Windows 10: Windows 10 Folder Size using File Explorer

Discus and support Windows 10 Folder Size using File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why does not the folder size show up in the File explorer even after selecting the option 'display file size info in folder tips'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sv_backlit, May 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Folder Size using File Explorer

Why does not the folder size show up in the File explorer even after selecting the option 'display file size info in folder tips'

:)

sv_backlit, May 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 30, 2020
  3. How to automatically see the size of folders in the Windows 10 file explorer

Hi Zeljko,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in File Explorer settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to steps to find the size of the folder containing data in it.

1. Right click on File Explorer where
    Folder
    are present.

2. Then right click on the File Explorer and
    View
    menu.

3. Click on either Content or Details.

4. Check if Size is getting displayed or not.

Please get back to us with an update on finding the folder size, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 30, 2020
  4. Zeljko_05 Win User

Windows 10 Folder Size using File Explorer

How to automatically see the size of folders in the Windows 10 file explorer

Hi Nyima,

If it is possible to automatically see the size of the folder in Windows 10 file explorer, please send me a screenshot of the window (file explorer) with the display settings set to - detail, where there is shown a list of files and folders and their size,
    at the right side next to each file or folder.

Thank you for your persistent assistance.

Zeljko_05, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Folder Size using File Explorer

1. Windows 10 Folder Size using File Explorer - Similar Threads - Folder Size using

2. Windows 10 - Windows Folder File Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Windows Folder File Size: Hi folks,DELL ComputerWindows 10 ProVersion 21H1 OS Build 19043.2006I am using windows 10 and my 500GB harddrive has 0 bytes free. Upon investigation, my C:\Windows folder is using 364 GB. Further investigation reveals that although the folder properties indicate takes up 364...
  3. Windows 10 - Windows Folder File Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Windows Folder File Size: Hi folks,DELL ComputerWindows 10 ProVersion 21H1 OS Build 19043.2006I am using windows 10 and my 500GB harddrive has 0 bytes free. Upon investigation, my C:\Windows folder is using 364 GB. Further investigation reveals that although the folder properties indicate takes up 364...
  4. How to see folder file size in Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to see folder file size in Explorer: I somewhat recently switched over from Mac to Windows. One thing I still can't figure out is how to see the file size of a folder in the Explorer window. When I open a window, I see the following tabs: "Name", "Date Modified", "Type", and "Size". For files, "Size" is...
  5. File explorer-Size of each file same as whole folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer-Size of each file same as whole folder: Hello, I have a problem with JPEG and Mp4 files cutted and pasted from my android device via cable to my laptop. Had no problems, when transferring files, but when finished, whole size of the folder changed. What should be the size of the whole folder (12,6GB) is now the...
  6. File Explorer shows wrong folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer shows wrong folder size: Recently I noticed that in File Explorer when I right click on a folder and click Properties, the folder size is sometimes shown much smaller than the correct size. For example, in File Explorer, Documents shows as 30 MB (repeat 30 MB), while in Tree Size Free the correct...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer not showing correct folder size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer not showing correct folder size: Regarding this issue, valid more than a year from v1803 on, has now been proven to be corrected on v1903, Great! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-not-showing-correct/2f8b976b-4330-4fa7-b805-8b9d497fd7b6"
  8. Windows Explorer folder sizes and positions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer folder sizes and positions in Windows 10: I have two laptops (stopped using desktops years ago) that came with Windows 7 Pro. As MS will stop supporting W 7 next year, I decided to buy a new W 10 Pro licence and install onto a separate drive. I am a heavy user of Windows Explorer for displaying the contents of...
  9. Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size: Need Help, Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size. Its very difficult to identify big size folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-file-explorer-not-showing-folder-size/7b31df8a-3fe7-41d2-97c9-d5cfb6c93cf1"
  10. Font size in files and folders explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Font size in files and folders explorer: Hello, How can I resize the text in windows explorer - files and folders, the fonts are so small I can hardly see them with my eyeglasses. Please help. Thanks And thanks for all previous answers 48919