Windows 10: Windows 10 Folder Size

Discus and support Windows 10 Folder Size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, When any of you right click on the Windows folder, what size is yours as I get 91.8GB... Can't believe how big this OS is and that's only the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kuyenmotdivad, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Folder Size

Hi,

When any of you right click on the Windows folder, what size is yours as I get 91.8GB... Can't believe how big this OS is and that's only the Windows Folder...

UPDATE - It looks like the folder Windows/Logs is the problem it's over 70GB... The problem is the Service "Delivery Optimization" to which I disabled it and the Windows folder is much smaller...

:)

kuyenmotdivad, Jul 2, 2015
  2. Twoboxer2 Win User

How to automatically see the size of folders in the Windows 10 file explorer

In Windows 10:

- Open File Explorer

- Right click on the target folder

- Select "Properties" from the context menu

The General tab will display and show the Size, Size on Disk, and the Number of Files & Folders within the target folder.

Twoboxer2, Jul 2, 2015
  3. WINDOWS 10 INSTALLATION FILES DOWNLOADED BUT NO NOTIFICATION

Yesterday I noticed the hidden windows bt folder on my pc and its size was continously increasing after my pc got connected to the internet. I know that its the hidden folder for windows 10 installation. i was from time to time checking the folder to see
    that whether its downloading or not. During the night it stopped increasing its size and after that didnt even used my internet data.I think its finished downloading but i am not getting the notification of windows 10 on my pc. What should i do? the folders
    size is 6.01 GB and size on disk is 4.44 GB.

arvindtiwari_759, Jul 2, 2015
  4. rmonroe36 Win User

Windows 10 Folder Size

File sizes via WinDirStat of my 10162 installation (Windows.old deleted).

Windows 10 Folder Size [​IMG]

rmonroe36, Jul 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Folder Size

1. Windows 10 Folder Size - Similar Threads - Folder Size

2. Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size: Need Help, Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size. Its very difficult to identify big size folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-file-explorer-not-showing-folder-size/7b31df8a-3fe7-41d2-97c9-d5cfb6c93cf1"
  3. Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker: I have 2 - 1TB hard drives, C and D. The D drive is only to hold backups of 103g of data in folders. I stated backing up the folders and was getting 103g on the D drive backup folders. I then had to bitlocker the D drive. Once it was bitlockered, I noticed that the weekly...
  4. File Explorer way off in showing folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer way off in showing folder size: [img] File Explorer shows size as 2.11GB while alternate program TreeSize Free shows the true size of 128.9GB. 126798
  5. File Explorer reporting wrong size for some folders, Windows 10 v1809

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer reporting wrong size for some folders, Windows 10 v1809: [img] [img] As you can see from the images above, File Explorer reports that the Windows directory is 2.47GB in size, but if I check the size of one of the sub-directories in the Windows folder (in this case the WinSxS folder), it reports a size of 6.01GB. How can the...
  6. Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes

Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes: The storage distribution shows 11.5 GB in Temporary files but that folder has only 68.9 MB in reality. I tried running disk cleanup multiple times but it clearly didn't work. I started facing this problem when I initiated the 'Remove files' process and had to restart the...
  7. CUSTOM FOLDER COLOR BASED ON FOLDER SIZE

CUSTOM FOLDER COLOR BASED ON FOLDER SIZE: Hello, Does anyone know of a way to automatically change the color of a folder based on it's size? I know there are free folder colour applications like Folder Marker, but I haven't been able to find one that colours automatically. We are looking for a solution at work to...
  8. Mouse Hover Over Folder Shows File Size Much Greater Than Properties Shows It

Mouse Hover Over Folder Shows File Size Much Greater Than Properties Shows It: Greetings: I have a folder containing photos, Word docs, music, etc. A mouse hover over the folder shows a file size of approximately 20 GB. But when right click on the folder and select properties, it shows a size of roughly 6 GB. Which is it and why the discrepancy?...
  9. Windows 10 showing wrong size of folder in properties option

Windows 10 showing wrong size of folder in properties option: hi, i am having problem with the properties option. i am using windows 10 and just encountered a problem. i was checking the size of one of my folder (in terms of checking how much space it occupies on hard drive). i got some figure around 60.04 GB. just to cross verify i...
  10. 1809 Updt, WIN10 PRO, as before 1803, Folder Properties, Folder Size problem continues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 Updt, WIN10 PRO, as before 1803, Folder Properties, Folder Size problem continues.: 1809 Update, WIN 10 PRO, as before 1803, Folder Properties, Folder Size problem continues. Only reliable results from MS Folder Copy, MS Folder Delete and Mark Russinovich, du64. Since 21 Nov 2018 tested on all my Backup Drives, 50 GB to ...1.78 GB e.g. giving me 958 GB....