Windows 10: Windows 10 folder structure

Discus and support Windows 10 folder structure in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I read in another answer from Microsoft: Please be informed that the documents folder can be accessed by the following locations.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lindsay Graham, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 folder structure

I read in another answer from Microsoft:

Please be informed that the documents folder can be accessed by the following locations.

Desktop\<me>\Documents

ThisPC\Documents

Local Disk (C)\Users\<me>\Downloads\Documents

Libraries\Documents\Documents

I really dislike this overly complicated structure that seems to get worse in successive Windows versions. I would dearly love to go back to a simple user-determined structure. I am the only user on my computer -- how can I fix File Explorer so that only one (preferably C:\Documents) of the 4 locations above is visible?

:)

Lindsay Graham, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 File and Folder Structure

I want to reorganize the files and file structure on my Surface desktop computer and have several rather disjointed questions. My basic knowledge of file structure is based on the organization of the C drive from DOS. I don't have a typical office/windows
    application in some respects, but I could make it work if I understood where things were stored and why. I need to be able to include atypical locations, files and folders in backups. I thought I'd ask some very basic questions, understand the answers and
    be able to follow-up with more specific questions. I hope someone can help me through this learning process, please. I am the sole user of this computer and the administrator, although I also have a user account but find it confusing in some situations.

1. Where can I find an example of the original Windows structure - as in a newly installed product? I also have Office 365 so understanding where it fits in the file structure is necessary.

2. Looking at the installed configuration, I saw several folders listed first - documents, downloads, music, pictures. In exploring my C:\ drive, I see a few unnecessary folders and one that says Users. Clicking on Users, I see other folders and have
    another folder listed User. Selecting that folder gives me a long list of folders on my C:\ drive including documents, downloads, music, pictures which appear to have different locations from the first level of folders. It is likely I created this confusion
    and it does complicate backups and sometimes restores. Furthermore, I don't need all of these levels and it creates more confusion when saving stuff.

3. I have 1TB of internal storage. When I change the default location saving files and move existing files/folders to external drives, my storage space remains the same, dangerously full. How do I get the system to restore the space.

I realize this is confusing - at least to me. Is there a Microsoft book (online or hardcopy) you can suggest for me to understand these issues and how to reorganize my harddrive? I'm an old woman and just need some basic understanding to make this work.
    Thanks for any help from anyone!

Second Greatest Mom, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 folder structure

Lumia 1520 default structure picture folders

Hi, can anyone tell me what the default structure for the phone's picture folder should be?

I mean the the structure you see when you look at your phone on the computer.

I have :

Phone:

• Pictures:
      • Pictures:
        • from "phone name":
          • Camera Roll
          • Camera-album
          • Saved Pictures
      • Camera Roll
      • Sample Pictures
      • Saved Pictures

Is this the correct structure? I have the feeling something is wrong and things are double now, but I am not sure, and I don't want to experiment with deleting things just yet.

Thijme---01, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 folder structure

1. Windows 10 folder structure - Similar Threads - folder structure

2. Changing to windows 10 from windows 7. Does folder structure in my documents/app data...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing to windows 10 from windows 7. Does folder structure in my documents/app data...: Hi all,So after many years, I decided to switch to Win 10, mostly due to a GPU upgrade.I have accumulated a ton of profiles and settings in both, my documents and application data folders.Can I safely copy the whole application data folder, after Win 10 installation or...
  3. Changing to windows 10 from windows 7. Does folder structure in my documents/app data...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing to windows 10 from windows 7. Does folder structure in my documents/app data...: Hi all,So after many years, I decided to switch to Win 10, mostly due to a GPU upgrade.I have accumulated a ton of profiles and settings in both, my documents and application data folders.Can I safely copy the whole application data folder, after Win 10 installation or...
  4. Changing to windows 10 from windows 7. Does folder structure in my documents/app data...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.: I have several Win 11 pro computers in a 'workgroup'. No domain or server logon.These computers are doing the same work but using alternate attached mfr. hardware that are similar in use.Normally only a couple are online together. No issues.Initially each of the computers...
  6. Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.

Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.: I have several Win 11 pro computers in a 'workgroup'. No domain or server logon.These computers are doing the same work but using alternate attached mfr. hardware that are similar in use.Normally only a couple are online together. No issues.Initially each of the computers...
  7. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...
  8. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...
  9. File Folder Structures Duplicated

10. Customizing the appearance and structure of the SEARCH folder

Customizing the appearance and structure of the SEARCH folder: Good day.How can I make the SEARCH folder look like "table", show the "path" column instead of "location", and disable grouping by default? Tips for setting up regular folders don't help. With each new request, the SEARCH folder is reset to its default view that is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 folder structure

2. windows 10 directory structure c:

3. windows directory structure lock

4. best folder structure in windows 10,
  5. file structure in windows 10,
  6. windows 10 directory structure,
  7. windows phone directory structure,
  8. windows 10 file explorer structure