Windows 10: Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders

Discus and support Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So it was my understanding that when you go into view options, and click "Apply to Folders" that it only applies to folders of a that type. For me, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Mar 17, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders

So it was my understanding that when you go into view options, and click "Apply to Folders" that it only applies to folders of a that type.

For me, it seems to be a blanket setting. Am i misunderstanding how its supposed to function?

I go into my videos folder and set bitrate, length, frame width etc > apply to folders.

I go into my documents folders, and it now has bitrate, length etc and not what I had set previously.

The only thing i can think of is either A) im incorrect in how it functions and "apply to folders" is universal or B) that this from winaero is interfering or has a hand in how it functions?

Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders [​IMG]

i was under the impression (based on wording) that it simply stops windows from up and altering what you have set.

If someone could clarify it would be great Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders :)

:)

klepp0906, Mar 17, 2020

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

I swear i saw this somewhere

It's not what you think, tools > folder options > view.
    That's for existing folders only , i need to change the default view setting for when you create a new folder !

I already applied the Win7 Full Row Mod

RuskiSnajper, Mar 17, 2020
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Windows 7 Folder Options

In Windows XP, I used to setup one folder the way I liked and go into the Folder Options to make all the rest that style as well. I can't seem to figure out how to do this in Windows 7. I see Folder Options in the control panel, and it has the same feature as XP to apply to all Windows, but since I'm accessing that through the control panel it doesn't work. I imagine I need to access the folder options through the folder that I want to use as a template for the rest. Does anyone know how I can do this in Windows 7?

Edit: I found out -.- That always seems to happen right after I type up a post asking.

OrbitzXT, Mar 17, 2020
  4. TomStrong Win User

View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders - Similar Threads - folder view options

2. Folder Options, View, Apply to Folders: Can I not set the whole drive and all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Options, View, Apply to Folders: Can I not set the whole drive and all...: Just did a new Win7 install and as can be expected there are lots of surprises. I just want to set the Folder Options, View, "Apply to Folders" so everything is consistent from top to bottom. But I can't do this from the hard drive letter. I can't even do this with...
  3. Folder Options, View, Apply to Folders: Can I not set the whole drive and all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Options, View, Apply to Folders: Can I not set the whole drive and all...: Just did a new Win7 install and as can be expected there are lots of surprises. I just want to set the Folder Options, View, "Apply to Folders" so everything is consistent from top to bottom. But I can't do this from the hard drive letter. I can't even do this with...
  4. Apply View Format to all Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apply View Format to all Sub-folders: I'm trying to set all of the sub-folders that roll up to a particular folder have Details as their View format. This used to be easy to do, just go into View-Options, but now it seems like you can only cascade by file type, which is... less than useful.Is there a way I can...
  5. Apply View Format to all Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apply View Format to all Sub-folders: I'm trying to set all of the sub-folders that roll up to a particular folder have Details as their View format. This used to be easy to do, just go into View-Options, but now it seems like you can only cascade by file type, which is... less than useful.Is there a way I can...
  6. Apply View Format to all Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?: Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ? Windows 10 ; Folder view I have set to view dimensions of images for easy reference. I want all windows I open to display this information also . I tried the Apply to All folders , button, in View Options menu....
  8. Cannot apply changes to folder view options

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot apply changes to folder view options: Hi Have been using windows 10 for a few months and the other day had this update from windows that changed all my preferred settings, especially my preferred view type for my mp3 music folders and I cannot select apply changes in view in folder options, it's just gray not...
  9. Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders: So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue. Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC". Yes, this is (supposed to be) true...
  10. Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10: How to: Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10 How to Apply a Folder's View to All Folders of Same Template Type in Windows 10 While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC...