Windows 10: WINDOWS 10: Folders Window Opens Twice On Double Click

Discus and support WINDOWS 10: Folders Window Opens Twice On Double Click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Every time i double a folder at times it opens the folder in a new window "twice" - this is becoming really annoying. Is there a way for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by j4v3d, Apr 4, 2016.

1. j4v3d Win User

WINDOWS 10: Folders Window Opens Twice On Double Click

Hello,

Every time i double a folder at times it opens the folder in a new window "twice" - this is becoming really annoying. Is there a way for me to resolve this? I've followed the basic troubleshooting guides found when searching around but it seems like nothing has fixed this problem. Any advice or starting points i should start from?

It only seems to happen when i open the File Explorer from the taskbar, click on Desktop and then a folder on the desktop. eg: Screenshot - 0842cb148eef9c14c43b7abd30c38ac3 - Gyazo

Thank you

:)

j4v3d, Apr 4, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Exporting pictures

Hi Holly,

The handiest, most reliable and fastest way to do this is manually . . .

Press Windows Key + E twice

This will open 2 instances of Windows File Explorer

In One Window, double click your Pictures Library

In the other On the left, double click 'This PC;, then double click your External Drive

Create a new folder on your External Drive

Then simply drag ant or all your photos to the new folder . . .

DaveM121, Apr 4, 2016
  3. My folders inside pictures are being opened up twice when I click them

I have a very strange issue with my pictures folder, as I'm sure a lot of other people do I have various different folders inside my pictures folder. With a single double-click to open one of the folders, the folder I clicked on gets opend up twice so I
    have to close down two windows. The issue only happens within my pictures folder none of the other folders (documents, video, music) are effected, any other folders I have within the other folders open as normal with a single double click.

DanielPowley, Apr 4, 2016
  4. zztemp Win User

zztemp, Apr 4, 2016
  5. j4v3d Win User
    Already tried those steps, still no luck at all.

Here are the binary values that were changed before:

WINDOWS 10: Folders Window Opens Twice On Double Click [​IMG]

WINDOWS 10: Folders Window Opens Twice On Double Click [​IMG]

Any other recommendations? I read somewhere online about Adobe Creative Cloud possibly causing problems? May be wrong.

Anyway that didn't seem to work for me.

Thank you

j4v3d, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. WINDOWS 10: Folders Window Opens Twice On Double Click - Similar Threads - Folders Window Opens

2. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  3. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  4. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Double click is not opening Windows Defender\Scans folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click is not opening Windows Defender\Scans folder: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-is-not-opening-windows-defenderscans/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  6. Double click on the Windows Defender\Scans folder is not opening it

Double click on the Windows Defender\Scans folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-windows-defenderscans-folder/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  7. Double click on the folder is not opening it

Double click on the folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-folder-is-not-opening-it/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  8. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  9. [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click: Recently, an issue arised in which I can't open file folders with double click. The spinning wheel cursor shows up for a split second but nothing happens. I have to open context menu and choose Open to access the folder. I noticed I can't open folders within Chrome download...
  10. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 opening onedrive opens the window twice