Windows 10: Windows 10 - Font changes after every startup

Discus and support Windows 10 - Font changes after every startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All, I have a new PC with a fresh install of Windows 10. The issue I am having is regarding the fonts. It's not an issue with the size etc.. it's an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chazypax, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Chazypax Win User

Windows 10 - Font changes after every startup

All,

I have a new PC with a fresh install of Windows 10. The issue I am having is regarding the fonts. It's not an issue with the size etc.. it's an issue with the style of font (example: Times New Roman). When I view Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, the font appears all "old". It never used to be like this on my Windows 7 desktop. I had the exact same issue on my previous machine in which I took the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 proving that a fresh install of Windows 10 doesn't cure my issue. I am also having the same issue with the gaming platform "Steam". The font is all broken and doesn't look like what it's supposed to look like in my eyes. I navigated through some forums on Steam and saw that you had to use their "steamfonts.zip" and replace all the existing fonts in your current fonts file with the ones in the "steamfonts.zip" file. This solves my issue however after I turn my computer off for the night and turn it back on, the issue starts again. Please see my screenshots below which show Microsoft Edge (top) and Steam (bottom).

Windows 10 - Font changes after every startup [​IMG]

Windows 10 - Font changes after every startup [​IMG]

:)

Chazypax, Sep 9, 2015
  2. RonKropp Win User

Windows 10 updates are causing font and graphics scaling issues

The scaling issues continued to be an intermittent problem when booting Windows 10. I was able to fix the font scaling issue by temporarily changing my font size, then resetting my font size, then signing out, then signing in.

A few weeks ago I finally disabled "fast startup". Windows 10 startup time increased from 13 seconds, to about 20 seconds. (fast SSD drive)

Now, for 3 weeks, no scaling issues after powering up Windows!

RonKropp, Sep 9, 2015
  3. How to change default system font in Windows 10

I have been researching a lot because I don't like the default font in Windows 10. I want to change it so every app uses the font I want. The font I want to use now is in the fonts list and is available to use in Word but I want to set it to default system
    font. Please help I want to change Windows font

Sahej Singh Hundal, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 - Font changes after every startup

1. Windows 10 - Font changes after every startup - Similar Threads - Font changes every

2. Font changed after a restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font changed after a restart.: I'm not sure what happened, but my system fonts have changed to Arial. This happened a few days ago I believe after a Windows update. . I've tried everything besides installing a fresh copy of Windows 11. I've cleared caches, reg keys, sfc scans, and I still can't get the...
  3. Font changed after a restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font changed after a restart.: I'm not sure what happened, but my system fonts have changed to Arial. This happened a few days ago I believe after a Windows update. . I've tried everything besides installing a fresh copy of Windows 11. I've cleared caches, reg keys, sfc scans, and I still can't get the...
  4. CHANGING FONTS IN WINDOWS 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    CHANGING FONTS IN WINDOWS 10: I AM NOT ABLE TO CHANGE FONTS IN WINDOWA 10 . i have installed a font themes that is ink font from microsoft store gone to settings to change it asked me to drop in the selected region but i am not able to do please help me.....
  5. Font change again after Window update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Font change again after Window update: Dear all, I don't know do you have same experience like me. Everytime when windows update my outlook, excel or word fonts will change. Please find below example. First 2 lines are original fonts that I use. Last 2 lines are automatically change even I follow typing....
  6. changing font on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing font on windows 10: Can someone please tell me how to change font in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-on-windows-10/5ca98d55-20b6-407b-8f49-7cc3794a7519
  7. Stuck on windows 10 homescreen after changing font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck on windows 10 homescreen after changing font: I tried to change my font on windows 10, restarted my pc and now I cant even do anything since im stuck on my homescreen. Anyone knows the fix?...
  8. Crashing every time after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing every time after startup: Hello Tenforums. Every time I start my computer its crashes 10 minutes afterwards, and it also did it back when i was using windows 7. I have uploaded my debug zip file to this thread. Attachment 30608 - Morten Abrahamsen 15444
  9. BSOD during every Startup after Windows 10 upgradation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during every Startup after Windows 10 upgradation: Hello Upgraded to Windows 10 Home Premium from Windows 7 Home premium. Had couple of times BSOD problem in Windows 7. Since upgradation, BSOD is occuring during every startup, Enclosing the attachment as per the forum directions. Help is requested. Regards 11447
  10. Font Change after Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Change after Install: I am a CAD drafter. After install of Win. 10, All of my saved font styles were reverted to standard. I REALLY need a fix for this. I am currently working on about 6 projects and every page is incorrectly set up now. PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!!!! 13459