Windows 10: Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts

Discus and support Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I did something really stupid (in retrospect) and now I don't know how to fix it. I had no idea it was going to cause a problem. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frankma, Apr 12, 2017.

1. frankma Win User

Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts

Hello,

I did something really stupid (in retrospect) and now I don't know how to fix it.

I had no idea it was going to cause a problem. I installed 30,000 fonts or so, and now the font folder in control panel is saying the font folder is empty.

I can't see the fonts in the folder to add or even delete any. However if I right click the folder itself under properties and it does the file count all the fonts are counted.

They also appear in applications. For example, in Open Office Writer in the Font drop down the fonts all appear.

I just can't get them to show in the font folder and I don't know what to do! I'd gladly delete some but I don't even have that option now. I created a monster in a sense.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

frankma, Apr 12, 2017

2. Windows 10 Fonts

Hello,

I am having an issue with Fonts in Windows 10.

When I go to the Control Panel, fonts folder, it is showing 80 fonts installed. There should be around 197.

If I go to \\localhost\c$\windows\fonts, I will see all of my fonts listed.

If I try to install a font, it will say that the font is already installed and ask if I would like to reinstall it, If I choose yes, it just creates a second file ending in _0 in the \\localhost\c$\windows\fonts folder but it still does not show up in the
    Control Panel, fonts folder.

I have checked the registry and everything is linked correctly.

I have deleted the font cache and had it recreate itself and that did not work.

I have tried copying the font cache and fonts from another computer that is working correctly and then moving them to these new laptops and that has done nothing.

If I reinstall Windows 10 from an ISO, the fonts show up on the Control Panel, fonts folder, but once I log out and log back in with either my username or another user, the fonts are then missing again.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Greg Corbin Energy Coop, Apr 12, 2017
  3. Font installation

I am able to install most fonts into windows 10 successfully. I have a truetype font that will not install.

It appears to install, but is not available to any programs. I have uninstalled it, removed it from the windows font folder as well as the windows registry. I still shows as already installed if I click on the Install font button,
    copy & Paste into the windows font folder, or drag and drop it into the font folder. I have removed it from the font folder, the windows font folder and the registry to support a clean install. I have tried a clean install on a different computer, and it still
    won't install and be available for use in any program.

This is a font from a reputable provider. it has been downloaded as a zip file and unzipped. It has also been downloaded from an email from the font designer, so I don't think it is corrupted.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions?

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage**

Heybarbara, Apr 12, 2017
  4. Jerva Win User

Hi Frankma,Thats indeed alot of Fonts to install at once , you really should have only the standard system fonts loaded when not working with external ones.

Did the 30.000 font-package come with a Fontmanager? And did you use that to install them? It could be that there is a setting in it which hides the systemfonts for some reason. If that isnt the case you could have damged the fontcache with that large amount. I would try to install a free Fontmanager like Nexusfont from xiles.net and see if those fonts could be disabled from there.

With big collections of fonts it's always a good idea to use a Fontmanager, you can create different sets with it and activate just the ones that you need at that time. It will save alot of memory which you can use for other things.

Regards,Jer *Cool

Jerva, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts - Similar Threads - Font Folder Showing

2. Downloaded Fonts That are not in Windows\Font Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded Fonts That are not in Windows\Font Folder: I have downloaded Fonts recently and can see them in my Font Settings, however, they are not actually in the C:\Windows\Fonts folders and not available to use in my applications. I can see in the Fonts Settings that they are in...
  3. Downloaded Fonts That are not in Windows\Font Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded Fonts That are not in Windows\Font Folder: I have downloaded Fonts recently and can see them in my Font Settings, however, they are not actually in the C:\Windows\Fonts folders and not available to use in my applications. I can see in the Fonts Settings that they are in...
  4. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  5. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  6. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Font showing. Not Activated. Not stored in 'Fonts' folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font showing. Not Activated. Not stored in 'Fonts' folder?: Hello. I've got a font in my drop down list in Adobe showing as 'Acumin Variable Concept' although I've never installed the font. I've also never used it via Adobe fonts and it is deactivated. I just reformated my PC and it is still there. Also when I activate the font in...
  8. Fonts not showing in Font Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts not showing in Font Folder: Hi I have a number of fonts that show up in Word and other programs but are not in the Windows 10 Font folder. How can I track where these fonts are so I can either install them in the Font Folder or delete them? Thanks for any advice you may be able to give as I have...
  9. Fonts not showing up in the font folder .

Fonts not showing up in the font folder .: I cant use any of my fonts . It says they are there but i don't see them . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-not-showing-up-in-the-font-folder/a47a6d69-5683-4579-bd56-d63e754a32fd
  10. Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder

Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder: Hey everyone, I have run into a font issue on Windows 10. I currently have a machine that is on Windows 10 1803 version 17134.590. This is a work computer on the domain. The font I am trying to get working is Bookman Old Style. When I looking in the Fonts folder, it does...