Windows 10: Windows 10 font looks strange and hard to read

Discus and support Windows 10 font looks strange and hard to read in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my font in my apps. It is normal in the settings, but if I open a browser or discord it looks terrible. I tried the setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErsteerYT, Jun 10, 2020.

1. ErsteerYT Win User

Windows 10 font looks strange and hard to read

Hello, I have a problem with my font in my apps. It is normal in the settings, but if I open a browser or discord it looks terrible. I tried the setup "which font looks better" I forgot the name but nothing. Please help, this looks terrible and feels strange. Here are some pictures of the font, it's like the resolution is lower. Windows 10 font looks strange and hard to read bb468f58-3249-4b36-8362-582849ba447b?upload=true.png

:)

ErsteerYT, Jun 10, 2020

2. Font looks strange in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Lets restore default font settings and check.

Method 1:
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Then click Control Panel.

c: Then click Fonts.

d: Then click Font Settings.

e: Now click Restore default font settings.

Method 2:
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Then click Control Panel.

c: Then click Fonts.
    d: On left pane click on Adjust cleartype text and follow the onscreen instructions.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 10, 2020
  3. DiHemy Win User
    Windows 10 fonts are blurry and hard to read

Strangely, the fonts are fine on the Microsoft Edge browser. But on Firefox, which is the browser I usually use, the fonts are thin and blurry - hard to read. Ditto Outlook 2013 and Skype.

Is anyone at Microsoft listening? I am not interested in being told to try all sorts of technical things, which according to other posts in this thread do not work anyway. I want my Windows 10 restored to the condition it was in before this latest 'upgrade'.

DiHemy, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 font looks strange and hard to read

Windows 10 Home 64-bit: Font Looks Strange

My font looks strange in Windows 10. It doesn't look smooth as it is supposed to be. Below is the screenshot.

Windows 10 font looks strange and hard to read [​IMG]

Jesse Williams, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 font looks strange and hard to read

1. Windows 10 font looks strange and hard to read - Similar Threads - font looks strange

2. The font looks very strange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The font looks very strange: This is my screen capture of an app, and the font at the bottom part is literally strange against others'. I have not found anyone has the same issue with me.I have the "Smooth edges of screen fonts" option on and I tried adjusting "ClearTypes" but it didn't work.All text on...
  3. The font looks very strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The font looks very strange: This is my screen capture of an app, and the font at the bottom part is literally strange against others'. I have not found anyone has the same issue with me.And this is an screenshot from others on YouTubeCan anyone figure out what's wrong with the font or settings....
  4. Google Docs text is thin and hard to read. Looks like an entirely different font. Details...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Docs text is thin and hard to read. Looks like an entirely different font. Details...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kit_35 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8vnzj/google_docs_text_is_thin_and_hard_to_read_looks/
  5. Windows Apps looking strange

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Apps looking strange: [img] I somehow managed to make my Windows Apps look strange: Explorer, Settings.... Has someone a clue what setting i have actived and how to turn it back to default? 167186
  6. Strange font in the browser with Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange font in the browser with Windows?: Hey, I have since an order at "StickerApp" a strange font on many websites. Among others PayPal and eBay. But on the other hand the font is normal again. (The problem occurs in every browser). The question now is how do I solve the problem? I've already tried it:...
  7. need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this: need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-fonts-to-bold-fonts-hard-to-read/7aa4b780-85e8-426a-95f9-c14b02420ff5
  8. Strange looking windows [Solved]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange looking windows [Solved]: Hi, I had this problem with windows since i restarted it, all the windows have a strange looking border and sign, i will add a photo so you can get what i mean! Can anyone tell me how to fix it? [ATTACH]...
  9. Strange looking windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange looking windows: Hi, I had this problem with windows since i restarted it, all the windows have a strange looking border and sign, i will add a photo so you can get what i mean! [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 Home 64-bit: Font Looks Strange

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit: Font Looks Strange: My font looks strange in Windows 10. It doesn't look smooth as it is supposed to be. Below is the screenshot. [img] 37985