Windows 10: Windows 10 font size display settings revert back

Discus and support Windows 10 font size display settings revert back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know you folks must have heard this one already. When I try to customize my font size display settings (see attached), they revert back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Windows 10 font size display settings revert back

I know you folks must have heard this one already.

When I try to customize my font size display settings (see attached), they revert back to default after a reboot.

I did a fresh install of Win 10, and this was the first thing I checked, just to make sure nothing was interfering with it.

I hoping there is some way to deal with this, even maybe a third party tool?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Feb 7, 2016

2. How to change Font Size at Window 10 of Lenovo 720 series.

How to change font size at window 10? I was studied all youtube and FQA, there was settings to change font size like advance display settings, change text size. But in my Lenovo ideapad 720S-14IKB window 10, don't have advance settings to change the font
    size. I was changed the size of text, apps and others item to 175%, the font size display is too small. There is any solution to change the font size.

Myat Nyein, Feb 7, 2016
  3. imhbh Win User
    Windows 10 Creator (1703) Update Lost ability to adjust text and font size

With the latest upgrade to Win. 10 Creator (1703) on 4/13/2017 - all Title bar, menu etc adjustment settings have been reverted back to font size of 7 or 8 and very light - I used to be able to make the text bold and font size 10 or 11 under the Appearance
    & Personalization, Display Setting, advanced setting - in order to make those items easier to read -- that option seems to have been removed - or relocated - would like to know how to get my settings back

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

imhbh, Feb 7, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 font size display settings revert back

It came along with the latest roll out. Only way to make it permanent is to use the Registry edit.

bro67, Feb 7, 2016
  5. Are you referring to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control_Panel\Desktop\WindowsMetrics

How Do I Change the Font Size Of My Desktop Icons In Windows 10 ?

If so, I'd like to change all items on the "Change only the text size" sub menu to 12pt, bold.

Can I get some advice how to do that?

kitpzyxmsir, Feb 7, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Read the link that you just posted.

bro67, Feb 7, 2016
  7. Yeh. Didnt realize there was a second page.

From How Do I Change the Font Size Of My Desktop Icons In Windows 10 ? - Windows 10 Forums

Ok. I have my DPI set to 144%. Thats the way I want it to stay.

WinAero Tweaker has no effect, even when I dialed back the DPI to 100%, so I dont know whats up with that. Any suggestions??

Anyway, I dont mind editing the registry manually. Not interested in changing the font, but on HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\\IconFont for example, it shows a font size of "92". I dont how that translates to 12pt bold, which is what I prefer for all the items under "Change the default text size"

But the question is will my 144% DPI setting also prevent me from manually making the registry alterations work?

thx

kitpzyxmsir, Feb 8, 2016
  8. Mitch17 Win User

How can i open my pc ?? It wont accept my password please give me anwser asap

Mitch17, Feb 8, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    First off start your own topic. Second off, no one on any forum will discuss this matter. It is because there is no way to prove on the Internet, that you are actually the owner of the computer.

Leaving you with nothing else, other then you have a good day.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 font size display settings revert back - Similar Threads - font size display

2. Display Font Size Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Font Size Changed: Hi, Last week I started up my Surface laptop Studio and the Font Size has changed. Everything is huge and I do not like it. Could somebody please assist me with resolving this issue? I went into the display settings several of times and still cannot figure it out. R/SAndy...
  3. Display Font Size Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Font Size Changed: Hi, Last week I started up my Surface laptop Studio and the Font Size has changed. Everything is huge and I do not like it. Could somebody please assist me with resolving this issue? I went into the display settings several of times and still cannot figure it out. R/SAndy...
  4. How to display not change the current Windows 10 default font and font size ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display not change the current Windows 10 default font and font size ?: Windows 10 home Version 2004 OS Build 19041.388 No issues at all, everything works great. Is there a way for me to "see", what my laptops windows 10 default font name and font size currently is set to ? I have found plenty of advice on the Internet on how to "change"...
  5. Wrong "Settings" font size

Wrong "Settings" font size: Hi everyone, I am facing a strange problem with my new laptop. I actually got two brand new PCs, both Asus ZenBooks 14 with same specs, save for the different CPU, RAM amount and SSD. Also the first one sports a matte display while the second has a glossy one. I actually...
  6. small display and font size

small display and font size: I was having problems with the sound on my desk top PC. I went to setting under audio/sound, I accidently clicked something that made every thing on my screen quite small. I can change the font size, but every thing else is still small. This is a problem to me because I...
  7. set font size

set font size: How do I set a font and size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-font-size/9efdb163-2117-4234-b7af-1510eb5239d5
  8. Windows 10: Display Font size is too big

Windows 10: Display Font size is too big: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS. The fonts and text on my display and in the menu bar of my main apps is suddenly too large. They overlap each other making them hard to read and take up alot of screen space. The section of the display settings where you used to be...
  9. Custom font sizes revert to default at login

Custom font sizes revert to default at login: When I change the individual-element font sizes (in Control Panel> Display), they look fine for that session, but go right back to the default the next time I log in. How can that be prevented? I upgrade 2 machines to Win10 and thought I configured them identically but this...
  10. Display langage reverted back

in Windows 10 Support
    Display langage reverted back: I bought a laptop Acer in Germany with Windows 10 (german language, of course). I've replaced the german language with the italian language, everything went smoothly and I perfectly used the laptop for some days. Unfortunately since a windows update I've some text in...