Windows 10: Windows 10 fonts corrupt by an Asian font

Discus and support Windows 10 fonts corrupt by an Asian font in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, an Asian font is being used for some of my system-wide font settings. This is mostly visible in some apps that probably initiate a standard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by danisovic, Jul 28, 2018.

1. danisovic Win User

Windows 10 fonts corrupt by an Asian font

Hi,

an Asian font is being used for some of my system-wide font settings. This is mostly visible in some apps that probably initiate a standard Windows font, but Windows returs that Asian font instead. Three screenshot examples are attached: VLC, iCloud and iTunes.

This is the way how many Asian (I am not sure if it is Japanese or Chinese, but I recognize it) fonts show Latin characters.

I have tried to reinstall fonts, override font-related registers with a copy from another Windows 10 computer, but the issue persits.

Please note that I have both Japanese and Chinese keyboard/fonts installed in my computer (yes, I have tried to remove and reinstall them...) and the issue probably started with installation of one of those packages.

Examples:

VLC - The whole settings dialog uses the corrupt font:

Windows 10 fonts corrupt by an Asian font e7030fc2-1877-4f43-aa8e-9128a1552769?upload=true.png

iCloud - The buttons to open iCloud use the font:

Windows 10 fonts corrupt by an Asian font f8795ea9-839a-49f1-9055-e37e86d43dcd?upload=true.png

iTunes - All items are ok, but the ADD button is in this weird font:

Windows 10 fonts corrupt by an Asian font [​IMG]

Thanks

-Adam

:)

danisovic, Jul 28, 2018

2. Why does Microsoft not want Windows users to be able to hide Asian Fonts?

While it is possible to grey out Asian fonts in the Windows 10 font list accessed through the Control Panel, Asian fonts so greyed out still show up as active fonts in at least one word processor, LibreOffice. Why is this such a big deal for Microsoft?
    It's not that people are trying to delete the Asian fonts, just hide them for the time being because they are irrelevant to most Western users. Does anyone have any ideas as to just why
    Microsoft insists on these fonts not being hidden?

Artur Püdel, Jul 28, 2018
  3. inkwatu Win User
    Asian fonts betwee ppc and Vista

My T-mobile MDA is running Windows Mobile 5.1.195. For my Asian font on it, I've always used MS Song. While my laptop was running XP that was no problem since MS Song was part of its Asian language pack. However, I recently moved to a new laptop running
    Vista. MS Song is not among Vista's Asian fonts! New files created on the laptop (but saved in 03 Word format, of course) only display squares for Asian characters when the files are copied to the ppc and opened there. However, on the ppc, if I then reformat
    the file in MS Song they display. Oddly, if I copy that file back to the laptop, overwriting the version there, and open it in Vista, the characters display, formatted as MS Song, althoughthe font appears nowhere on the laptop! This is my present workaround,
    but it's awkward to say the least. Any suggestions?

inkwatu, Jul 28, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

pepanee, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 fonts corrupt by an Asian font - Similar Threads - fonts corrupt Asian

2. Japanese font won't show up in the asian font list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese font won't show up in the asian font list: I installed a Japanese font, but when I typed Japanese characters it automatically changed to Yu Mincho, that's when I went to check the asian fonts list and noticed that it wasn't there. How do I fix this?Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Unknown/other / Windows 10 /...
  3. Corrupted windows fonts

Corrupted windows fonts: Hey guys. I accidentally removed some of my unnecessary fontsChinese and many more.... via registry editor. Now some of my windows fonts are corrupted. Tried these codes in safe mode sfc /scannow Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth Dism /online /cleanup-image...
  4. Font style corrupted in Wordpad, windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font style corrupted in Wordpad, windows 10: I'm currently writing stuff in microsoft WordPad using the 'Calibri'-font, and a big portion of the text is stuck on the 'Arial'-font, which I'm unable to change to the desired font I want to use. Copy pasting the text to a new WordPad document will transfer the font style...
  5. Asian Windows default font change to European

Asian Windows default font change to European: Hello, I couldn't find the answer to my particular question. I have a computer bought in Japan. I installed the system and Office bought here. I installed a US English language package on my computer and turned it into the "system preferred language". Still in Outlook...
  6. Font Corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Corrupted: I have a pdf drawing file and there is a font that is showing up as all squares. this happens in Adobe Acrobat, Blue Beam, Edge, Chrome. It is on three machines. The file is in my dropbox and when I go to view the file on dropbox it opens it up in chrome and the file displays...
  7. Corrupted Fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Fonts: Hello everybody, I was hoping someone might have some idea as to what the heck is going on with my fonts. They are continually shapeshifting with pieces of the font randomly dissapearing and then rebuilding. I have a screenshot but it will be interesting to see how this post...
  8. Corrupted fonts

Corrupted fonts: Since the last update on Windows 10 (March 2019) my fonts are corrupt. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-fonts/907c30a6-05c7-408d-b274-39350f2975b3
  9. Corrupted Font?

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Font?: From Google searches I have found what seems to be the solution for this problem for Windows 8 and 8.1 but not 10 It appears to me the new system font(s) that are used for various icons used are not functioning. Most obvious is when the store is open and when I expect to see...
  10. How to find a corrupt font - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to find a corrupt font - Windows 10: Hi, is there a way to find a corrupt font file? And, anyone know where I can find a download of all fonts that Windows 10 (USA) ships with? Thanks! 66604