Windows 10: Windows 10 for dummies

Discus and support Windows 10 for dummies in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Curious to know if there is by chance some tutorials for the "computer illiterate". Tutorials about Windows 10, how to use ALL it's features (not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidandCristalMartin, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 for dummies

Curious to know if there is by chance some tutorials for the "computer illiterate". Tutorials about Windows 10, how to use ALL it's features (not the basic, Welcome to windows tour), an advanced tutorial. Also looking for one on being the windows admin.

For example, when I had windows 7, I had to activate the admin account in the CMD prompt in case I got myself in a pickle. I'm one of those who will search for hours for a resolution and wind up mangling my software! Yes, it's true, I'm stubborn and not too bright sometimes....stubborn!

Things to do before I get diving into windows and downloading programs. Creating a rescue disc etc...

Help?! Anyone?!

:)

DavidandCristalMartin, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 for dummies

Delta6326, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 for dummies

1. Windows 10 for dummies - Similar Threads - dummies

2. Getting this error while execution in RSAT , Cannot invoke commands on dummy controls?How...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting this error while execution in RSAT , Cannot invoke commands on dummy controls?How...: Getting this error while execution in RSAT , Cannot invoke commands on dummy controls?How to resolve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-this-error-while-execution-in-rsat-cannot/4223653c-fd15-4183-bb89-14ff09f1a8a4
  3. Getting this error while execution in RSAT , Cannot invoke commands on dummy controls?How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting this error while execution in RSAT , Cannot invoke commands on dummy controls?How...: Getting this error while execution in RSAT , Cannot invoke commands on dummy controls?How to resolve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-this-error-while-execution-in-rsat-cannot/4223653c-fd15-4183-bb89-14ff09f1a8a4
  4. Getting this error while execution in RSAT , Cannot invoke commands on dummy controls?How...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group: I am an 'Organiser' of my family group. My son 12 year old account managed to leave the family group to get around Xbox and laptop time/content restrictions by creating a new family group and joining that I did not receive any request for him to leave. He set up an organiser...
  6. Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group: I am an 'Organiser' of my family group. My son 12 year old account managed to leave the family group to get around Xbox and laptop time/content restrictions by creating a new family group and joining that I did not receive any request for him to leave. He set up an organiser...
  7. Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group

8. Dummy DP does not save resolution setting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dummy DP does not save resolution setting.: I am using a dummy DP plug to run a headless remote pc with Parsec. 1920*1080@60Hz is the recommended setting shown in windows display settings. Every time I connect to the PC, the display is set to 2560*1600@30Hz. Even after manually setting the display to 1920*1080@60Hz...
  9. Dummy DP does not save resolution setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dummy DP does not save resolution setting.: I am using a dummy DP plug to run a headless remote pc with Parsec. 1920*1080@60Hz is the recommended setting shown in windows display settings. Every time I connect to the PC, the display is set to 2560*1600@30Hz. Even after manually setting the display to 1920*1080@60Hz...
  10. Dummy DP does not save resolution setting.