Windows 10: Windows 10 for my upcoming build

Discus and support Windows 10 for my upcoming build in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I recently ordered the parts for my upcoming gaming build, and it includes a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, and a 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Now I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kuuskat_, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 for my upcoming build

So, I recently ordered the parts for my upcoming gaming build, and it includes a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, and a 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Now I'm wondering, which one should I install my windows on? It'd be easier to manage if I put the OS on the 500GB one along with few programs, and the rest on the 860 EVO, but I have one concern. The endurance of the MX500 is only 180TBW. I know that's not something that would wear out under normal use, but if I install windows 10 on it and use it as a boot drive, would it wear out faster or lower?

I could also install windows on the 860 EVO, but it just seems like a weird consept to have 1 TB SSD and a 500GB SSD, and have OS installed on the 1TB one. Technically I don't see any problem with it, but it just seems weird. I'm not a tech guru, so I'm asking you guys if it would work out fine if I have windows installed on the 1 TB 860 EVO? And also, how much can I fill a 1 TB SSD with windows on it before the windows starts to feel sluggish?

All advice is appriciated! Windows 10 for my upcoming build :)

submitted by /u/Kuuskat_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kuuskat_, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 3, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 for my upcoming build

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 for my upcoming build

1. Windows 10 for my upcoming build - Similar Threads - upcoming build

2. Intel 8th Gen Support on Upcoming Windows 11 v24H2 Release

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel 8th Gen Support on Upcoming Windows 11 v24H2 Release: Hello Microsoft Community,I contacted Microsoft Support a few minutes ago regarding concerns about Intel 8th Gen Support on the next major update to Windows 11 v24H2 and they told me to put up a post on the Microsoft Community Website about this.I have a Dell OptiPlex 3060...
  3. Intel 8th Gen Support on Upcoming Windows 11 v24H2 Release

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel 8th Gen Support on Upcoming Windows 11 v24H2 Release: Hello Microsoft Community,I contacted Microsoft Support a few minutes ago regarding concerns about Intel 8th Gen Support on the next major update to Windows 11 v24H2 and they told me to put up a post on the Microsoft Community Website about this.I have a Dell OptiPlex 3060...
  4. Microsoft lists “Something Awesome” as upcoming Build 2016 session

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft lists “Something Awesome” as upcoming Build 2016 session: Microsoft lists “Something Awesome” as upcoming Build 2016 session Something Awesome This Ways Comes There has been rumours of something “mind-blowing” coming to Windows Mobile for some weeks now, so it is quite interesting to see a session titled “Something Awesome...
  5. Upcoming Windows 10 Insider build from RTM development branch TH1

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming Windows 10 Insider build from RTM development branch TH1: [img] For those who don't know, Microsoft has been distributing a number of their Windows 10 builds via the "fbl_impressive" development branch, a branch created solely for Insiders and allows Microsoft to control what features are sent to the public for testing. There...
  6. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds: Hi everyone, we’re hard at work on the next builds that we’ll send out to you for PC and Mobile. I don’t have an update on timing for that quite yet, but I do have some important changes to tell you about that are coming with the next PC build as we get ready for July 29th....
  7. Windows 10: Search functionality updated in upcoming builds

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Search functionality updated in upcoming builds: [img] Microsoft is constantly tweaking the user interface in Windows 10 to make sure the experience is cohesive and that trend will continue with future builds of Windows 10. One area that will be updated in an upcoming build is how searching works inside the OS and the...
  8. Upcoming Windows 10 Technical Preview build include ISOs

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming Windows 10 Technical Preview build include ISOs: The last few updates for Windows 10 Technical Preview were delivered directly from Windows Update for customers registered in the Windows Insiders program, but it looks like the next update will be available as an ISO at launch. That's according to Gabriel Aul, head of the...
  9. Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements: Microsoft has finally started implementing new features in its latest internal Redstone builds, the first of which appear to focus on the company’s new Windows 10 browser, Edge. Microsoft is working to make Edge a viable alternative to other popular web browsers in Redstone,...
  10. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22]

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22]: Here's a new version of this... This post was updated at 12:00pm on June 22nd. Over the weekend we saw a few articles about this post and confusion that it caused. I’m sorry for that and want to take a moment to clear up a few things. This is a very complex topic,...