Windows 10: Windows 10 for new workstation builds - new to Win10 installing

Discus and support Windows 10 for new workstation builds - new to Win10 installing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, coming over here from Seven Forums since M$/Intel are basically forcing Win10 upon us with these newer motherboards. I work in a small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatrickGSR94, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 for new workstation builds - new to Win10 installing

Hello all, coming over here from Seven Forums since M$/Intel are basically forcing Win10 upon us with these newer motherboards.

I work in a small architecture firm, and am responsible for basically all the tech in the office. We used to always order Dell workstation builds, but in the last few years we've moved towards the custom workstation builds, which I order and assemble/install/test myself. The last systems I built were almost exactly 3 years ago when I built 2 identical Win7 systems for me and a co-worker, with the setup I have listed in my profile. Those builds used the Intel Z97 chipset, and had no issues installing Win7.

Now I have the parts for 2 new systems (boss and another co-worker) which will have the H370 chipset, which requires Windows 10 apparently, which I only found out after ordering 2 physical Win7 copies and now am having to RMA them and order Win10 product keys.

So my question is, being this is my first time actually installing Win10, what do experienced people recommend for Win10 systems being used in an office environment? We have a file/domain server box running Server 2012 R2, which appears to have a similar UI to Win10. I've looked through the Clean Install Windows 10 tutorial, and as I understand it I can just download the latest build directly from Microsoft and create an installation flash drive. Can I also slipstream updates in with it that were released since the latest Win10 build? My main concern that I'd like to avoid is having to sit through hours and hours of Windows Updates with endless rebooting, like I did when I built these last 2 Win7 systems.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

:)

PatrickGSR94, Nov 15, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 15, 2018
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Windows 10 for new workstation builds - new to Win10 installing

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 for new workstation builds - new to Win10 installing

1. Windows 10 for new workstation builds - new to Win10 installing - Similar Threads - workstation builds Win10

2. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during Win10 Install on new build: Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there....
  3. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during Win10 Install on new build: Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there....
  4. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. INstalling Windows 10 on a new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INstalling Windows 10 on a new build: Hi All,I have built a pc and want to install Windows 10. I already have a Microsoft 365 Family subscription. Does this entitle me to a copy of Windows or do I have to purchase an instance for this machine i do plan to add this to my Family accountThanksjohn...
  6. INstalling Windows 10 on a new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INstalling Windows 10 on a new build: Hi All,I have built a pc and want to install Windows 10. I already have a Microsoft 365 Family subscription. Does this entitle me to a copy of Windows or do I have to purchase an instance for this machine i do plan to add this to my Family accountThanksjohn...
  7. Windows 10 install on new build

Windows 10 install on new build: Recently I built a new PC and everything posted fine. I formatted a new SanDisk USB using the media creation tool. In the bios I set the boot priority for the USB and verified that the mobo recognized my nvme. When I tried to boot from the USB, I get stuck in an endless bios...
  8. Windows 10 Installation on New Build

Windows 10 Installation on New Build: Hello, I'm getting bits together to build a new computer after my Windows 7 computers motherboard failed and have a couple of questions regarding installation of Windows 10. I've seen in various places that you can still use a Windows 7 activation code to activate Windows...
  9. Can’t install win10 on new build

Can’t install win10 on new build: Hi all, i bought new components to upgrade my current rig. I can’t complete the Win10 setup. Please HELP! i have disconnected most peripheral components and running under this config: 700w PS, Corsair 1 SSD drive 512gig Samsung pro 1 WD drive 2TB; test HD in case SSD is...
  10. Installing Win10 to a new build PC using 'existing' Win10

Installing Win10 to a new build PC using 'existing' Win10: Hi. I've finally allowed my Win7 to be upgraded to Win10. I built my PC myself and may build another in the future which is why I've downloaded the Media Creation Tool. I was about to make a start when I got this message (see pic). Can anyone tell me if I'll have...