Windows 10: Windows 10 for PC build using Mac to download

Discus and support Windows 10 for PC build using Mac to download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My son and I are building a gaming PC. I used my Mac laptop to download Windows 10 Pro, which went fine. Now I'm trying to transfer the files to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KAJG, Jul 24, 2020.

1. KAJG Win User

Windows 10 for PC build using Mac to download

My son and I are building a gaming PC. I used my Mac laptop to download Windows 10 Pro, which went fine. Now I'm trying to transfer the files to a brand new, empty 128 MB flash drive that we can plug into the new PC to install. However, I cannot get the downloaded files onto my flash drive. When I drag the files onto the brand new, empty 128 MB flash drive, it says: The item “Win10_2004_English_x64.iso” can’t be copied because it is too large for the volume’s format.

Was this a smart way to get Windows onto our gaming PC? Is there another way? Any advice on how to transfer those pesky files?

Thanks.

:)

2. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Jul 29, 2020
  3. KAJG Win User

My son and I are building a gaming PC. I used my Mac laptop to download Windows 10 Pro, which went fine. Now I'm trying to transfer the files to a brand new, empty 128 MB flash drive that we can plug into the new PC to install. However, I cannot get the
    downloaded files onto my flash drive. When I drag the files onto the brand new, empty 128 MB flash drive, it says: The item “Win10_2004_English_x64.iso” can’t be copied because it is too large for the volume’s format.

Was this a smart way to get Windows onto our gaming PC? Is there another way? Any advice on how to transfer those pesky files?

Thanks.

4. jsfitz54 Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: [Changelog] What's New in Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803) - AskVG

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 for PC build using Mac to download - Similar Threads - build using Mac

2. Help downloading Windows 11 on a Mac to be transferred to a PC we are building

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help downloading Windows 11 on a Mac to be transferred to a PC we are building: I am trying to download Windows 11 on my Mac to transfer with a USB key to a PC we are building. It is not working. It downloaded, we transferred it over to a USB and attempted to install and no such luck. I'm not sure if it downloaded correctly, because it stopped in the...
  3. Help downloading Windows 11 on a Mac to be transferred to a PC we are building

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help downloading Windows 11 on a Mac to be transferred to a PC we are building: I am trying to download Windows 11 on my Mac to transfer with a USB key to a PC we are building. It is not working. It downloaded, we transferred it over to a USB and attempted to install and no such luck. I'm not sure if it downloaded correctly, because it stopped in the...
  4. How To Download Windows 10 on Mac M1?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Download Windows 10 on Mac M1?: Hello I recently got a mac m1 for a christmas present and have been wondering how I would be able to download windows 10 since boot camp does not work on m1. I would also want to try to go around buying parallels unless it is a last option to do. Can someone please explain to...
  5. How to activate and use Windows 10 on a Mac?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate and use Windows 10 on a Mac?: Good afternoon Community. Father Christmas has sent me a Mac which I would like to use. My current workstation in use is a Win PC with Win 10 Home which I got from a free Win 7 upgrade. Therefore I haven't got a product key for Win 10. My Win 10 version has been merged with...
  6. Downloading Windows 10 to a Mac

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Downloading Windows 10 to a Mac: I’m currently trying to switch my macbook air to windows 10 for a bit, and I’m having a hard time trying to figure out what the issue is. I’ve downloaded the Windows 10 Disc Image file -64- After April 2020 Update and I have a USB drive that has available capacity of 30GB....
  7. windows os download for pc build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows os download for pc build: downloaded a trial of windows 10 and keep trying to get it to download and wont work get main screen choose 10 home 64 bit then unpacks files get to next screen and choose language then same 10 home choice and then puts me to product key page say dont have one choose top...
  8. can I download Mac OS sound files to use on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can I download Mac OS sound files to use on windows 10?: I just find the Mac OS sounds more pleasant and want to know if I can use them on windows 10 submitted by /u/FrostyOrbit255 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htozyk/can_i_download_mac_os_sound_files_to_use_on/
  9. Windows 10 download to MAC

Windows 10 download to MAC: Unable to download Windows 10 ISO onto MAC therefore can't download Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-download-to-mac/d4f38c95-30f3-46c3-96d2-4945cdc2c1e3
  10. 365 Subscription using Mac and PC

365 Subscription using Mac and PC: I have 365 on my Mac and have recently purchased a PC. Can I download Office 365 onto the PC with my current subscription? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/365-subscription-using-mac-and-pc/dffd53d6-44bf-4e44-bbbb-29105181042b"