Windows 10: Windows 10 for routing purposes only

Discus and support Windows 10 for routing purposes only in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello team, I need to buy some commercial software that works like VPN router, it requires one of these systems: Windows 7 SP1 (32/64-bit), Server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Denis141, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Denis141 Win User

Windows 10 for routing purposes only

Hello team,

I need to buy some commercial software that works like VPN router, it requires one of these systems: Windows 7 SP1 (32/64-bit), Server 2008 R2 (64-bit),Windows 8 (32/64-bit), Server 2012 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit), Server 2012 R2 SP1 (64-bit). It also may working on the Windows 10 Professional edition. Thus, the machine will be a simple router on Windows. I guess I need to buy Windows 10 Professional box w/ article number FQC-09118. I want to install this OS to the VMware ESXi cluster which consist of three physical servers each of which has:

CPU E5-2650 v3 (10 cores/2.3Ghz/25Mb/105 watt) - 2 pcs, w/ enabled Hyper-Threading, total logical processors is 40 pcs, RAM 128Gb

In total, the cluster consists of 26 physical cores and 104 logical processors. A Windows virtual machine can only run on one of the servers at a time. In the event of server failure, the cluster loads the virtual machine on one of the remaining working server in the cluster. VMware is on VMware vSphere Essentials Plus license.

With this router will work two persons remotely under Administrator account thru RDP (when one administrator is working, the second one cannot work - I understand this, it's ok for us). What the licenses I need to buy besides the boxed version of Windows (FQC-09118)? What technical limitations can I encounter if I choose Windows 10 Professional rather Windows Server?

For security reasons, Windows will not be in the domain, although the company has it.

I will be glad to advance the answer.

Thanks in advance for the tips.

:)

Denis141, Jun 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 for routing purposes only

GPS on N8 - see route step by step

If by step by step, you mean a text listing of your route with turns listed, this is not available. This would be a useful feature and maybe you could contact the Nokia Beta Lab to ask if it can be added to a future version. It is however possible to
    see a graphical display of your route.

tangerine---01, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 for routing purposes only

1. Windows 10 for routing purposes only - Similar Threads - routing purposes

2. How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?: I have a speaker setup with two separate speakers left and right channels. I want to play music from one speaker using a media player like Pot Player, while simultaneously playing YouTube video audio from the other speaker using my web browser. In Windows 11 sound settings,...
  3. How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?: I have a speaker setup with two separate speakers left and right channels. I want to play music from one speaker using a media player like Pot Player, while simultaneously playing YouTube video audio from the other speaker using my web browser. In Windows 11 sound settings,...
  4. Windows 11 network stack has a routing bug. It sends frames out the wrong egress interface,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 network stack has a routing bug. It sends frames out the wrong egress interface,...: Windows routing sucks. It is so buggy it forwards frames out the wrong interface. It appears not to follow the basic routing principle of "longest-match-wins" in the routing table. It seems as though even when a more specific route exists in the routing table "route print" it...
  5. Windows 11 network stack has a routing bug. It sends frames out the wrong egress interface,...

Windows 11 network stack has a routing bug. It sends frames out the wrong egress interface,...: Windows routing sucks. It is so buggy it forwards frames out the wrong interface. It appears not to follow the basic routing principle of "longest-match-wins" in the routing table. It seems as though even when a more specific route exists in the routing table "route print" it...
  6. How do I stop Windows using an Ethernet without Internet route over a WiFi with Internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows using an Ethernet without Internet route over a WiFi with Internet...: I have an Ethernet connection to my router and a Wi-Fi connection to a personal hotspot. When the router's Internet connection is down I want Windows to route traffic via the Wi-Fi connection to the personal hotspot instead, but it appears to be continuing to try to connect...
  7. How do I stop Windows using an Ethernet without Internet route over a WiFi with Internet...

How do I stop Windows using an Ethernet without Internet route over a WiFi with Internet...: I have an Ethernet connection to my router and a Wi-Fi connection to a personal hotspot. When the router's Internet connection is down I want Windows to route traffic via the Wi-Fi connection to the personal hotspot instead, but it appears to be continuing to try to connect...
  8. How to disable all audio routing through USB-C in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable all audio routing through USB-C in Windows 11: I plug a laptop into one of multiple hybrid workstations at work depending where I can sit for the day. Every time it sets up a new monitor audio device which hijacks the audio from the headphones and if I'm in a meeting starts blaring the meeting to the general public...
  9. How to disable all audio routing through USB-C in Windows 11

How to disable all audio routing through USB-C in Windows 11: I plug a laptop into one of multiple hybrid workstations at work depending where I can sit for the day. Every time it sets up a new monitor audio device which hijacks the audio from the headphones and if I'm in a meeting starts blaring the meeting to the general public...
  10. Route to 4032 Al Qadir Riyadh Saudi Arabia

Route to 4032 Al Qadir Riyadh Saudi Arabia: Robotics Car Bader Batarfi - Robotics Walking Bader Batarfi in Road to Welcome Home Door https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/route-to-4032-al-qadir-riyadh-saudi-arabia/f4a6dc4a-b838-4d26-88b0-0f73f6fc5264