Windows 10: Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time

Discus and support Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know similar questions have been asked. I'm curious as to why Windows 10 has a hard problem with this as not all programs will stay in the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidX6, Nov 1, 2019.

1. DavidX6 Win User

Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time

I know similar questions have been asked. I'm curious as to why Windows 10 has a hard problem with this as not all programs will stay in the same monitor after dragging the program to the selected monitor, "restore down" and close the program. It works for "some" programs, but many don't.

I really just want Blender 2.8 to open in my primary (monitor 1) screen and not my secondary (monitor 2) screen when I open the program. How do I do this?

:)

DavidX6, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time

1. Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time - Similar Threads - Force Program Open

2. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back. im using windows...
  3. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back. im using windows...
  4. Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on: Hi there! I am wanting to make it so that my computer will open the program on the same monitor that i launch it from. So if i open it from my left monitor it appears on my left monitor, and if i open it on my right monitor, it opens on my right monitor. Is that possible....
  5. Open and close programs at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open and close programs at the same time: I want two programs to open and close 2 programs automaticly. Is there a way I can do this and how?? submitted by /u/CaptainKeanu1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr6uqh/open_and_close_programs_at_the_same_time/
  6. programs foisted upon me every time there's a forced update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    programs foisted upon me every time there's a forced update: Windows 10 Home -How do i stop microsoft from weighing down my computer with unwanted programs and garbage I never wanted with every "update"? It is infuriating to be constantly trying to free up space for the programs and apps I need and trying to guess which programs...
  7. Windows 10 and programs at the same time?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and programs at the same time?: I need to replace my hard drive on my desk top. I backed up Windows 10 & did a recovery thumb drive. Do I need to do another back up file for my programs? I don't want to reload them again....
  8. every time i open a ms program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    every time i open a ms program: i get this message and have to go through 4 windows to dismiss... how to stop???? Your data, controlled by you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-open-a-ms-program/6847ba59-9fdf-498a-a079-d1fe04485b40"
  9. Open folder window at same position every time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open folder window at same position every time: Hello! Whenever I open a folder and position it on desktop whereI want it to be, after closing and reopening it again, it repositions. With a few opening-closings I realized that every time I open the folder anew, it gets repositioned a bit lower, diagonally. This wasn't...
  10. Forcing a program to open on the second monitor rather than the main

in Windows 10 Support
    Forcing a program to open on the second monitor rather than the main: I have my TV connected to HDMI and a small, old monitor connected to VGA on a Radeon 4600 video card. I have Kodi (multimedia player) set to open full screen when the default user account logs in and it does so on the main monitor which is my TV. I have the smaller, older...