Windows 10: Windows 10 Forced me to Update to 2004, and now my PC wakes me up every night at 3AM to the...

Discus and support Windows 10 Forced me to Update to 2004, and now my PC wakes me up every night at 3AM to the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been watching an episode or two of The Office, typically every night for the past year. It helps seranade me to sleep and I get to run through one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheOneTheyCallWho, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Forced me to Update to 2004, and now my PC wakes me up every night at 3AM to the...

I've been watching an episode or two of The Office, typically every night for the past year. It helps seranade me to sleep and I get to run through one of my all time favorite comfort shows before Netflix axes it in January. Only as of a few days ago, a Windows update that had been giving me trouble had decided it would force itself on me while I was unable to object. This was it's last warning and I knew it was coming. So it updates, long, hard, brutal, restart after restart. I weep, I shield myself, I pull up my phone for comfort. After what seemed like an eternity my PC emerges from the rubble, undamaged from the storm. Previous attempts at installation have not been so unfortunate, and so I'd roll back. This time was different. No internet connection issues, no display driver death, no resolution cramping, no this no that. Thank you, Microsoft, I thought. Until the next morning. At three in the morning to be precise. The sound of thunder I thought, for sure. But as I grew further and further towards consciousness, the notes so familar to me rang out in confused celebration. Another episode; Another day successfully taken to sleep town. But wait, this time it was different. I check the harsh brightness of the clock displayed prominently on the monitor directly to my front. 3:33am. This must be some kind of sick joke. The world, being well aware of my inability to send myself to sleep in any manner even mockingly resembling reasonable. Oh well, in my bitter haze I say. Mute with the secondary keyboard to my left, turn over and wait out the light that blinds me at all hours except for five minutes after it's self-perceived inactivity. I sleep at some point, almost out of spite and disbelief.

Tomorrow I wake for the second time. I forget about the night's peril. My day carries on as it would. It is night again. I watch my allotted 22 minutes of thought spiral and anxiety reducing medication, again. It's good to think, but not when you want to write it down, I tell myself. There's always tomorrow, but I never write it down; Just keep going. Credits; Promotional considerations furnished by HP; Deedle-Dee Productions; Reveille, a horn blows for the Nth time; The universal logo is different this time -- I notice but make nothing meaningful of it other than a slight nostalgic twinge. Screen fades to a previously spoilerific cast of characters I know better than I've known myself, a backdrop in yellow that I believe pumps my brain with soothing chemicals is also present. I drift into the abyss that a lack of dreams commits me to. Goodnight, I thought. 3AM I'm awakened, by a sweet summer rain. by a sound so familiar to me. I scream. "No! Again?! You've got to be kidding. For fuck sake. I've got places to be." Not right at that moment, but we knew what I meant. I repeat the process, same as before. This time vowing to save myself from a third rude awakening. And so, here we are. Please explain me out from this feverish hell of continuous uproot trom my dear, REM.

submitted by /u/TheOneTheyCallWho
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheOneTheyCallWho, Nov 11, 2020
  2. RickC Win User

How to stop PC from waking up at 3AM?

Perhaps try Nir Sofer's TaskSchedulerView? This will list all scheduled tasks and their trigger times:

Windows 10 Forced me to Update to 2004, and now my PC wakes me up every night at 3AM to the... [​IMG]

Make sure you download the version appropriate for your system - both x32 and x64 versions are available. Once unzipped, right-click on the executable and use Run as administrator.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Nov 11, 2020
  3. instability of pc after 2004 update

I recently updated my pc to the 2004 version of windows 10. unfortunately after the update, the cooling fans are running continuously, despite upgrading and installing the manufacturer drivers. The other problem is that when the pc goes to sleep mode,
    once I wake it up, the pc runs but the screen remains black. I also followed the steps to upgrade the video card. but nothing changed. please someone help me..... I have an SSD on my pc and forcing it to shut down might damage it.

kasra akbari, Nov 11, 2020
  4. almot09 Win User

Windows 10 Forced me to Update to 2004, and now my PC wakes me up every night at 3AM to the...

How to stop PC from waking up at 3AM?

Re-installed Win 10 after botched update, now it wakes up at 3 am every day.

Cleaned Task Scheduler from what (IMO) was not needed. Still wakes up.

Checked Power settings, don't see anything wrong. Minimum processor power was 5%, changed to 0%. Still wakes up.

The last log - below. Bottom entry is when it woke up last time.

Windows 10 Forced me to Update to 2004, and now my PC wakes me up every night at 3AM to the... [​IMG]

almot09, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Forced me to Update to 2004, and now my PC wakes me up every night at 3AM to the...

1. Windows 10 Forced me to Update to 2004, and now my PC wakes me up every night at 3AM to the... - Similar Threads - Forced Update 2004

2. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is forcing windows 11 on me: so ive been on windows 11 and find it uncomfortable now my pc is forcing me to go to windows 11 idk what to rly do now i need help to stay on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-forcing-windows-11-on-me/bcd3d71c-1c91-43bf-9708-12ca5d32a6af
  3. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is forcing windows 11 on me: so ive been on windows 11 and find it uncomfortable now my pc is forcing me to go to windows 11 idk what to rly do now i need help to stay on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-forcing-windows-11-on-me/bcd3d71c-1c91-43bf-9708-12ca5d32a6af
  4. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK: So my laptop suddenly updated on its own, and the update is stuck at 94%. After a while it says: We couldn't complete the update and is undoing changes. Btw keep in mind, I'm locked off my windows. I can't access anything aside from troubleshooter and Windows Recovery which...
  6. WINDOWS STOP FORCING ME UPDATES EVERY **** MONTH

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS STOP FORCING ME UPDATES EVERY **** MONTH: I'M TIRED OF THESE WINDOWS 10 **** UPDATES. THEY JUST MAKE MY PC SLOWER. SO I DON'T WANT TO UPDATE. THEN GUESS WHAT? WINDOWS 10 UPDATES BY ITSELF WHILE I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF IT UPDATING MY PC. THEN I CHECK OUT AND SAY "WOW IT LOOKS GOOD.". THEN WHEN I TRY TO PLAY GAMES AND...
  7. Windows 10 Update Forced me to Update to 2004 Version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update Forced me to Update to 2004 Version: I was doing a clean install of Windows 10 1909 yesterday and Windows Update told me I had to update to Windows 10 version 2004. I got the "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". Is there anyway around this or no? submitted by /u/gilby5 [link]...
  8. win update wakes me up at night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win update wakes me up at night: I usually put my pc into sleep mode before going to bed cause there're lots of things going there and I don't want to reopen everything in the morning. The problem is windows sometimes turns the pc on in the middle of the night to install updates. But since there's a...
  9. wake up at 12am every night

in Windows 10 Customization
    wake up at 12am every night: my pc wakes up at 12 am every night, i have turned off all devices from device manager, looked at all the scheduled tasks and nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-at-12am-every-night/6b44b6f4-227b-4d3e-85d7-61032bfefce7
  10. How to stop PC from waking up at 3AM?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to stop PC from waking up at 3AM?: Re-installed Win 10 after botched update, now it wakes up at 3 am every day. Cleaned Task Scheduler from what (IMO) was not needed. Still wakes up. Checked Power settings, don't see anything wrong. Minimum processor power was 5%, changed to 0%. Still wakes up. The...