Windows 10: Windows 10 forced shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 forced shutdown in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When using the "Start", "Power", "Shut down" option Windows 10 shuts down.UNLESS there is an application running that expects a user response.Too many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Timos_99, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Timos_99 Win User

Windows 10 forced shutdown

When using the "Start", "Power", "Shut down" option Windows 10 shuts down.UNLESS there is an application running that expects a user response.Too many times I have used the above and left, thinking Windows will shut down. Only to come back in the morning and find out that Windows has NOT shut down because a user application MS Office, Notepad, Adobe Reader etc. had an unsaved file and are expecting me to respond to the Save/Don't save prompt.I tried a batch file with the contect "SHUTDOWN /s /f /t 0".However, this causes CMD to go into an infinite loop, displaying the line "SHUTDOWN /s /f /t

:)

Timos_99, Oct 14, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Oct 14, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 14, 2022
  4. Windows 10 forced shutdown

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 forced shutdown

1. Windows 10 forced shutdown - Similar Threads - forced shutdown

2. Acer Aspire 5 Having Severe Lag Issues After Unintentional/Forced Shutdown cause of low...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer Aspire 5 Having Severe Lag Issues After Unintentional/Forced Shutdown cause of low...: So basically, before all of this happened, my laptop was completely fine, despite it being 3 and a half years old. It could run almost any apps and programs in it properly, mostly Terraria, TModLoader, and osu! There are barely any problems, and majority of my games are...
  3. Acer Aspire 5 Having Severe Lag Issues After Unintentional/Forced Shutdown cause of low...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer Aspire 5 Having Severe Lag Issues After Unintentional/Forced Shutdown cause of low...: So basically, before all of this happened, my laptop was completely fine, despite it being 3 and a half years old. It could run almost any apps and programs in it properly, mostly Terraria, TModLoader, and osu! There are barely any problems, and majority of my games are...
  4. Acer Aspire 5 Having Severe Lag Issues After Unintentional/Forced Shutdown cause of low...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown

Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown: This has been going on for close to a month now. Seemingly randomly my screens will go black and my fans will start to spin super fast. I'm using Windows 10, and I can hear the sound from whatever game I was playing finish. I end up having to push the power button for 3...
  6. Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown: This has been going on for close to a month now. Seemingly randomly my screens will go black and my fans will start to spin super fast. I'm using Windows 10, and I can hear the sound from whatever game I was playing finish. I end up having to push the power button for 3...
  7. Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How can I make the windows 10 PC work after forced shutdown it while resetting??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make the windows 10 PC work after forced shutdown it while resetting??: My windows 10 got stuck at 88% while resetting so i forced shutdown the pc ,now when i turn it on its just displaying the dell symbol and buffering and saying restarting but the same process is repeating again .please help me to make it work...
  9. How can I make the windows 10 PC work after forced shutdown it while resetting??

How can I make the windows 10 PC work after forced shutdown it while resetting??: My windows 10 got stuck at 88% while resetting so i forced shutdown the pc ,now when i turn it on its just displaying the dell symbol and buffering and saying restarting but the same process is repeating again .please help me to make it work...
  10. How can I make the windows 10 PC work after forced shutdown it while resetting??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade