Windows 10: Windows 10 forced update 8/14 No Sound

Discus and support Windows 10 forced update 8/14 No Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have literally done EVERYTHING to fix the sound issues I'm having with Windows. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Realtek drivers numerous times;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FamaSicura, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 forced update 8/14 No Sound

I have literally done EVERYTHING to fix the sound issues I'm having with Windows.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Realtek drivers numerous times;

uninstalled ALL sound drivers and reinstalled only Realtek drivers;

I've used a different line in;

I've used different speakers and headphones;

I've tried the troubleshooter;

I've installed drivers from my MB manufactures website;

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc....

My optical output for audio works just fine right now but I don't have the capability (without spending absurd amounts of money) to run headphones through the optical port and I wouldn't want to anyway.

As of last night, before Windows FORCED an update, sound worked fine. Now I get nothing... zero... nada.

I know the typical response here is to throw the boiler plate answer out but let's not; I've already done EVERYTHING on the boiler plate response I've found everywhere else on this forum.

Without sound the machine, for me, becomes useless.

This IS a windows issue because it ONLY HAPPENS when windows forces updates. Furthermore this time it just doesn't work regardless of what I try; in the past I've been able to resolve this after some driver tweaking but this time is different; by all accounts my line-out from my motherboard seems dead in the water.

ANY help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

:)

FamaSicura, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 14, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows 10 forced update 8/14 No Sound 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Aug 14, 2019
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Windows 10 forced update 8/14 No Sound

Advice For People wishing to update to Windows 10 Redstone

Yep. Tried to update my Realtek sound driver to the lastest version. After that I can't even use the Realtek sound control panel any more. It is now blocked. Seems M$ is determined to force users to swallow their automated driver update system.

f*u*c*k this. One step forward two steps backward.

xkm1948, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 forced update 8/14 No Sound

1. Windows 10 forced update 8/14 No Sound - Similar Threads - forced update Sound

2. Recent changes to Windows 8-14-20

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent changes to Windows 8-14-20: When are you going to fix defrag so it reports the latest defrag operation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-changes-to-windows-8-14-20/467c67aa-7549-4338-9d7c-dc03825846f7
  3. Force Windows 10 to 5.1 sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Force Windows 10 to 5.1 sound: I have projector which has stereo sound, but I have 5.1 speakers with hdmi or optical input. I have splitter pass through whith 4k 60Hz hdmi input and 4k 60Hz hdmi otuput and optical output. Problem is that Windows 10 thinks it is projector connected to PC and force 2.0...
  4. Last update forced surround sound sound for my games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Last update forced surround sound sound for my games.: After the latest update my games seem to be in this weird surround sound state? I loaded dragon Ball Fighter Z and during matches characters characters spoken dialog and sound effect will fluctuate in volume but the music is consistent. It seems like my 2 speakers are trying...
  5. No sound after 3/14 Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after 3/14 Windows Update: So, after restarting my laptop for the new windows update I have been unable to get any audio from my Asus laptop. I will outline additional information below. 1.Realtek High Definition Audio: Has the latest drivers avaliable v.6.0.1.7824 5/17/2016 Failed to play test...
  6. Windows 10 forced updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 forced updates: when will Microsoft stop messing up my computer with these forced updates?in the past two months I had three problems.they knocked out my wifi driver,then my audio driver and recently messed up my security. ***Moved From: Windows 10/Performance & system failures***...
  7. windows 10 forced updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 forced updates: when will Microsoft stop messing up my computer with these forced updates?in the past two months I had three problems.they knocked out my wifi driver,then my audio driver and recently messed up my security....
  8. Windows 10 Forced Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Forced Updates: Once again, I'm going to ask you to please stop crippling my computer with your unwanted "feature updates". But really, there is no way of getting through to you, is there? Over and over I've tried to explain that my laptop just doesn't have room for your updates. No, I can't...
  9. Forced Windows 10 Update!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forced Windows 10 Update!?: After couple of updates I noticed a change in the laptop's performance. Another issue is that the sound quality got worse and a strange buzz sound can be heard sometimes when playing music or watching a video. Another issue I am MAD about! I have been forced to...
  10. windows 10 forced updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 forced updates: I have just received news with regards to updates for windows 10. Microsoft are going to make these updates mandatory, you will be able to refuse them, but should you wish to download further updates you will have to install the updates you have refused. also if you read the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forced sound drivers

2. windos 8.14 update

3. windows 10 forced low sound