Windows 10: Windows 10 Forced Update is UNSTPABLE ?

Discus and support Windows 10 Forced Update is UNSTPABLE ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cant stop windows update. I tried pause, it will resume after 7 days. I tried set data limit, it does not care, it will still update. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tonycst, Jul 14, 2020.

1. tonycst Win User

Windows 10 Forced Update is UNSTPABLE ?

I cant stop windows update.

I tried pause, it will resume after 7 days.

I tried set data limit, it does not care, it will still update.

I tried disable update service, it will re-enable it by its self.

I tried PsExec.exe to get system level access to delete windows update from task manager, it comes back on after few days.

For what ever reason,, service will be re-enabled. Tasks will be re-created. Update will run as normal.

NOTING STOPS the update.

What the hell is wrong with Microsoft ?

Linux looks very appealing if you ask me.

:)

tonycst, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jul 14, 2020
  3. m4gicfour Win User

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Forced Update is UNSTPABLE ?

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Forced Update is UNSTPABLE ?

1. Windows 10 Forced Update is UNSTPABLE ? - Similar Threads - Forced Update UNSTPABLE

2. How to force update Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to force update Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 feature updates, they do it in phases. It means that they are not available to everyone right away. While it is possible to force update Windows 10, you should understand a few things. The [...] This post How to force...
  3. Windows 10 forced updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 forced updates: when will Microsoft stop messing up my computer with these forced updates?in the past two months I had three problems.they knocked out my wifi driver,then my audio driver and recently messed up my security. ***Moved From: Windows 10/Performance & system failures***...
  4. windows 10 forced updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 forced updates: when will Microsoft stop messing up my computer with these forced updates?in the past two months I had three problems.they knocked out my wifi driver,then my audio driver and recently messed up my security....
  5. Windows 10 Forced Updates

Windows 10 Forced Updates: Once again, I'm going to ask you to please stop crippling my computer with your unwanted "feature updates". But really, there is no way of getting through to you, is there? Over and over I've tried to explain that my laptop just doesn't have room for your updates. No, I can't...
  6. Forced Windows 10 Update!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forced Windows 10 Update!?: After couple of updates I noticed a change in the laptop's performance. Another issue is that the sound quality got worse and a strange buzz sound can be heard sometimes when playing music or watching a video. Another issue I am MAD about! I have been forced to...
  7. Windows 10 keeps forcing updates

Windows 10 keeps forcing updates: Hi! I've been trying to control the updates Microsoft is putting on my PC for windows 10, and despite enormous amounts of effort, everything i've tried has made no difference: "Active Hours" - does nothing. Windows 10 downloads whenever it wants, regardless of my "Active...
  8. Windows 10 Forcing Updates for Mouse

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Forcing Updates for Mouse: In one of my classes, a friend plugged in his USB mouse and Windows partially installed a driver for it before it was taken out of the port. Now Windows 10 is trying to force me to download the drivers for a mouse that I do not own or have access to. It keeps failing to...
  9. windows 10 forced updates

windows 10 forced updates: I have just received news with regards to updates for windows 10. Microsoft are going to make these updates mandatory, you will be able to refuse them, but should you wish to download further updates you will have to install the updates you have refused. also if you read the...
  10. Windows 10 Forced Updates on RTM

Windows 10 Forced Updates on RTM: Microsoft will force Windows 10 Home users to download and install updates to its operating system without any options to turn them off. A final version of the OS, distributed to testers this week, contains a clause in the end user license agreement (EULA) that reveals...