Windows 10: Windows 10 forced update last night ruined my Office fonts, now blurry and ClearType didnt...

Discus and support Windows 10 forced update last night ruined my Office fonts, now blurry and ClearType didnt... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to undo the color changes on the task bar and tabs too, but still stuck with the blurry fonts in Outlook/Word/Excel after tuning ClearType. 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinLyons5, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 forced update last night ruined my Office fonts, now blurry and ClearType didnt...

I had to undo the color changes on the task bar and tabs too, but still stuck with the blurry fonts in Outlook/Word/Excel after tuning ClearType.

1 How do I make them go back to normal?

2 Why would you do code an update that changes my perfectly fine font settings without my permission?

Thanks!

:)

KevinLyons5, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Zaspera Win User

Font kind of blurry

I just built a new gaming rig and am using an XFX 6950 and an ASUS 23.6" monitor. On some pages, I notice some fonts are a bit blurry and strain my eyes. Any idea how I can fix this? I am using windows 7, so please make the steps work for that. Thanks.

Zaspera, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Zenith Win User
    Blurry fonts in Win7 7600 64bit

I am having problem with blurry/fuzzy fonts in Win7 build 7600 64bit. Some fonts in control panel are really blurry. You can check attached picture. This blurriness actually makes me dizzy *Twitch :twitch:. Also display in Win7 is kinda foggy compared to XP where everything is clear and crisp.

I am using latest graphic drivers and monitor drivers + intelchipset is installed. Fullscreen games are also kinda foggy compared to XP.
    I have smooth fonts (cleartype) disabled.
    In search of a solution. Anyone?
    Regards.

Zenith, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 forced update last night ruined my Office fonts, now blurry and ClearType didnt...

Windows 10 fonts are blurry and hard to read

All of the fonts in Windows 10 are blurry - chrome, windows explorer, edge, iTunes, etc.

I've got the size at 100% for all apps and I've tried the "ClearType" font which made things worse.

I'm running the latest ATI drivers and did the Windows 10 update from a Windows 7 Pro install.

Any advice on how to fix this issue?

killerDJMW, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 forced update last night ruined my Office fonts, now blurry and ClearType didnt...

1. Windows 10 forced update last night ruined my Office fonts, now blurry and ClearType didnt... - Similar Threads - forced update last

2. font is blurry in my windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    font is blurry in my windows 10: my text is all blurry and hard to read in my pc...... on desktop, in browser , and in other apps which use default pc font ... games are not affected.. i kindly request for some useful help. i already tried the regedit logpixel win8dpiscaling thing, doesn't work for me....
  3. font is blurry in my windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    font is blurry in my windows 10: my text is all blurry and hard to read in my pc...... on desktop, in browser , and in other apps which use default pc font ... games are not affected.. i kindly request for some useful help. i already tried the regedit logpixel win8dpiscaling thing, doesn't work for me....
  4. font is blurry in my windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The last Windows 10 update ruined everything: After I opted two nights ago to "Update and Shut Down," my PC opens with a generic empty desktop and much of my data and programs deleted.In addition, the tools to deal with these problems are unavailable: I cannot type anything into Search on the toolbar...I cannot get to...
  6. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last Windows 10 update ruined everything: After I opted two nights ago to "Update and Shut Down," my PC opens with a generic empty desktop and much of my data and programs deleted.In addition, the tools to deal with these problems are unavailable: I cannot type anything into Search on the toolbar...I cannot get to...
  7. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. All Screenshots Now Blurry After Last Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Screenshots Now Blurry After Last Windows 10 Update: All screenshots are blurry after the latest Windows 10 update. I also noticed a friend has the same issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-screenshots-now-blurry-after-last-windows-10/260390a6-927a-4472-bd8f-60e37bc9621f
  9. Windows forced an update last night- now I can't change my resolution higher?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows forced an update last night- now I can't change my resolution higher?: So I have two differently sized monitors (rez wise, I have a 1440p predator and a benq 1080p). The way I have been having this you know- not be terrible- is that I have been upscaling both monitors to be closer to each other's resolution using the inbuilt nvidia tools. This...
  10. Windows update last night - laptop not working now

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update last night - laptop not working now: Hi.. So, my lenovo Z51 was working perfectly, however last night Windows updated and today.. It's not working. When I turn on the laptop the first error pops up just before I type in my login details. Ctfmon.exe - sucess Unknown hard error I then click OK and it says...