Windows 10: Windows 10 forced update on me, now can't enable wifi

Discus and support Windows 10 forced update on me, now can't enable wifi in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I hate that Windows no longer allows me to control when updates get applied. It literally interrupted me in the middle of a game to notify me that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rand_165, Dec 8, 2018.

1. rand_165 Win User

Windows 10 forced update on me, now can't enable wifi

I hate that Windows no longer allows me to control when updates get applied. It literally interrupted me in the middle of a game to notify me that I had to apply some updates. I hadn't used my desktop in a few months so apparently my machine was overdue. After my computer rebooted several times my wifi no longer works. As soon as I click 'enable' to turn it on it immediately/visually turns itself off. I've found numerous threads from people with the same issue spanning back several years and none of the solutions worked for me. I'm so glad i bought a macbook pro instead of a windows laptop this time. I would ditch Windows entirely if I didn't need it for gaming.

:)

rand_165, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2018
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 forced update on me, now can't enable wifi

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Sounds like task scheduler forces it to restart, course in svc.msc i make sure to deselect it from restarting after it fails.

eidairaman1, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 forced update on me, now can't enable wifi

1. Windows 10 forced update on me, now can't enable wifi - Similar Threads - forced update can't

2. Can't enable WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable WiFi: I have a TP-Link Wifi CardTL-wn881nd and it doesn't work. It says it's disabled and when I click enable it doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-wifi/d8876c35-0d42-48fb-9af8-14e4bfad2a99
  3. Can't enable WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable WiFi: I have a TP-Link Wifi CardTL-wn881nd and it doesn't work. It says it's disabled and when I click enable it doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-wifi/d8876c35-0d42-48fb-9af8-14e4bfad2a99
  4. Can't enable WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Enabling wifi in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabling wifi in windows 10: HelloI previously had windows 10 on my laptop lenovo thinkpad l560. But i installed a linux distro zorin os later on. I have now reinstalled windows but now the option to connect to wifi isnt there i have tryed looking up how to enable but cant a working method any help? Eco...
  6. Enabling wifi in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enabling wifi in windows 10: HelloI previously had windows 10 on my laptop lenovo thinkpad l560. But i installed a linux distro zorin os later on. I have now reinstalled windows but now the option to connect to wifi isnt there i have tryed looking up how to enable but cant a working method any help? Eco...
  7. WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK: So my laptop suddenly updated on its own, and the update is stuck at 94%. After a while it says: We couldn't complete the update and is undoing changes. Btw keep in mind, I'm locked off my windows. I can't access anything aside from troubleshooter and Windows Recovery which...
  8. Force enable readyboot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Force enable readyboot on windows 10: I wana ask could I force enable readyboot on a fast windows 10 computer. I don't wanna know why I shouldn't because I know what I'm doing, I just wanna force enable readyboost. Please tell me how to do this Thank You....
  9. Windows 10 Update Forced me to Update to 2004 Version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update Forced me to Update to 2004 Version: I was doing a clean install of Windows 10 1909 yesterday and Windows Update told me I had to update to Windows 10 version 2004. I got the "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". Is there anyway around this or no? submitted by /u/gilby5 [link]...
  10. Windows 10 update now can't get wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update now can't get wifi: So I've upgraded to Windows 10 and in the device manager my realtek wireless lan software has gone, have tried everything that Microsoft and HP have told me to do but no luck, it's getting to the stage it's going to be an Out the WINDOW 10 PROBLEM. Can anybody help me...