Windows 10: Windows 10 Forced Update wiped 500GB of Data on HD partition

Discus and support Windows 10 Forced Update wiped 500GB of Data on HD partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I ran Recuva but all it came up with was a .tmp file. Are there any alternatives for recovery? At this point I just think it's gone unfortunately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by That guy you know, May 20, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Forced Update wiped 500GB of Data on HD partition

So, I ran Recuva but all it came up with was a .tmp file. Are there any alternatives for recovery? At this point I just think it's gone unfortunately as I was unable to run a backup on an external drive before this happened.If you have any ideas please let me know, otherwise I think I am done with Microsoft.

:)

That guy you know, May 20, 2022
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, May 20, 2022
  3. JaWoHc Win User
    Microsoft forced update wipes my data

I recently put my work computer to sleep mode and left for the day. In the morning it was slow to wake up and when it did, I noticed that
    all off my data was wiped out. My Intuit Quickbooks company file was gone, everything. I brought my computer in for repair and was informed that some select people get wiped out when there is a forced Microsoft
    update. This is terrible! Microsoft is a major player. How can this be overlooked? This cost me money for repair and several days of lost work not to mention payroll that needs to take place immediately. There is some info online about this and I see a
    few suggestions that it moved data to TEMP files and that I should go through about 100 steps to reestablish the blah blah blah, but why do I need to correct this in the first place?

JaWoHc, May 20, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Forced Update wiped 500GB of Data on HD partition

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Windows 10 Forced Update wiped 500GB of Data on HD partition partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Forced Update wiped 500GB of Data on HD partition

1. Windows 10 Forced Update wiped 500GB of Data on HD partition - Similar Threads - Forced Update wiped

2. Can a wiped partition be recovered with all its data ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a wiped partition be recovered with all its data ?: Hi community, So i have a big issue and i need your help. Yesterday i wanted to install win 11 on my laptop. I did the bootable usb and it was in mbr mode. When i tried to install windows it said that disc partition was in gpt. And i converted disc to mbr but in order to...
  3. Can a wiped partition be recovered with all its data ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a wiped partition be recovered with all its data ?: Hi community, So i have a big issue and i need your help. Yesterday i wanted to install win 11 on my laptop. I did the bootable usb and it was in mbr mode. When i tried to install windows it said that disc partition was in gpt. And i converted disc to mbr but in order to...
  4. Windows 10 Forced Update wiped 500GB of Data on HD partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Forced Update wiped 500GB of Data on HD partition: So, I ran Recuva but all it came up with was a .tmp file. Are there any alternatives for recovery? At this point I just think it's gone unfortunately as I was unable to run a backup on an external drive before this happened.If you have any ideas please let me know, otherwise...
  5. Windows 10 Forced Update wiped 500GB of Data on HD partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Forced Update wiped 500GB of Data on HD partition: So, I ran Recuva but all it came up with was a .tmp file. Are there any alternatives for recovery? At this point I just think it's gone unfortunately as I was unable to run a backup on an external drive before this happened.If you have any ideas please let me know, otherwise...
  6. Forced update wiped my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced update wiped my computer.: I just booted up and found that Microsoft did a forced update that wiped my computer clean. It is now like an out of the box brand new computer save for virus software, quicken, and turbo tax. No pictures, no files, my business is gone, no favorites. Nothing. Any suggestions?...
  7. Data wipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data wipe: So I was wondering if I restart windows via wipe all data future how much disk space will windows take? submitted by /u/isusbog45 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw2c59/data_wipe/
  8. Windows 10 update wiped my data

Windows 10 update wiped my data: I lost my IDM download list (from 2013) and license after an automatic Windows 10 update happened, is there any way to restore it? submitted by /u/putinmeister [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g45n78/windows_10_update_wiped_my_data/
  9. Microsoft forced update wipes my data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft forced update wipes my data: I recently put my work computer to sleep mode and left for the day. In the morning it was slow to wake up and when it did, I noticed thatall off my data was wiped out. My Intuit Quickbooks company file was gone, everything. I brought my computer in for repair and was...
  10. how do i restore data on a wiped partition?

how do i restore data on a wiped partition?: after doing a restore, my second partition on this drive has been wiped. how do i get the data back on the partition with free software? submitted by /u/anaggrivatedturtle [link] [comments]...