Windows 10: Windows 10 forces me to change password almost every time I sign in

Discus and support Windows 10 forces me to change password almost every time I sign in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 is always locking me out and forcing me to change my password. This used to happen every so often; now it happens once every day or every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ARW49, Nov 4, 2019.

1. ARW49 Win User

Windows 10 forces me to change password almost every time I sign in

Windows 10 is always locking me out and forcing me to change my password. This used to happen every so often; now it happens once every day or every other day. I will start to sign in, and maybe I touch the keyboard wrong or something, and before I can type in my password, Windows flips out. It blanks out the home screen, the words "Just A Moment" appear with the circly thing, and then I am informed I need a new password. From there, I have never had a problem; Microsoft sends me a code and I create a new password. But I want to know: why is this happening, does it happen to other people, and what can I do to stop it? I'm sick and tired of creating a new password every day.

:)

ARW49, Nov 4, 2019

2. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Sign in options.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 4, 2019
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Signing into Windows 10 password error...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Change under Change your account password.
    • Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Add under
      PIN
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems please follow the link below .

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 forces me to change password almost every time I sign in - Similar Threads - forces change password

2. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE **** PASSWORD THAT I'VE ALREADY SET.YOU SEND ME THE **** CODE TO MY CELLPHONE TO CONFIRM IT WAS ME, AND IS STILL OBLIGATING ME TO CHANGE MY DAMN PASSORD, I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, KEEP THE WAY IT IS.THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON TRYING TO ACESS MY...
  3. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE **** PASSWORD THAT I'VE ALREADY SET.YOU SEND ME THE **** CODE TO MY CELLPHONE TO CONFIRM IT WAS ME, AND IS STILL OBLIGATING ME TO CHANGE MY DAMN PASSORD, I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, KEEP THE WAY IT IS.THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON TRYING TO ACESS MY...
  4. Windows 11 forcing sign-in every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forcing sign-in every time: Windows 11 forces us to either sign-in to Microsoft everytime I use my personal PC or to sign in to with a pin. I'm not gonna even mention the term "local account" since most of us don't even know what that is.I don't want to sign in PERIOD. Do you understand????? Not Locally...
  5. Windows 11 forcing sign-in every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 forcing sign-in every time: Windows 11 forces us to either sign-in to Microsoft everytime I use my personal PC or to sign in to with a pin. I'm not gonna even mention the term "local account" since most of us don't even know what that is.I don't want to sign in PERIOD. Do you understand????? Not Locally...
  6. Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change: Earlier this week something strange happened when I tried to log into my computer as usual, It forced me to make an eight digit pin to log in and refused to take the "Windows Hello" pin that I had set up before. In fact, all the Windows Hello sign in options have been...
  7. Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change: Earlier this week something strange happened when I tried to log into my computer as usual, It forced me to make an eight digit pin to log in and refused to take the "Windows Hello" pin that I had set up before. In fact, all the Windows Hello sign in options have been...
  8. Sign in option unavailable and a forced password change

9. WD forcing Passwords every time i log on to outlook Office

WD forcing Passwords every time i log on to outlook Office: Seems latley that WD Security is bogging down opening Office 2013 Outlook, I get an dialog popup requesting Password, then 30 or so seconds I get another for a different email account this goes though all 10 of my email addresses every time I try to log on takin over 5...
  10. Difficulty signing into PC unless I change my password every time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difficulty signing into PC unless I change my password every time: When I attempt to log on my PC (Windows 10), I enter the first letter of my password and immediately get taken to another screen that directs me to enter my password. I click on "OK" and nothing happens. The only way I can log on is to completely power off, reboot and go...