Windows 10: Windows 10 forces me to enter PIN / password on startup now. How can I revert this?

Discus and support Windows 10 forces me to enter PIN / password on startup now. How can I revert this? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use a desktop computer that sits in my room at home. I have no need to enter a PIN / password on startup, and previously, I never had to. The most... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Starcadius, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 forces me to enter PIN / password on startup now. How can I revert this?

I use a desktop computer that sits in my room at home. I have no need to enter a PIN / password on startup, and previously, I never had to. The most recent update has forced this change and I can't figure out how to disable it.I already have the supposed option to require a pin/password turned off: https://i.imgur.com/u6X6MQF.pngVersion: Windows 10 Education 10.0.18363 Build 18363

:)

Starcadius, Jul 15, 2021
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

You may have missed a step. After the un-check, click apply, then the next screen will ask for the Pasword twice. Enter and OK. Then OK again. That should do it.

Windows 10 forces me to enter PIN / password on startup now. How can I revert this? [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

1. I have linked my Microsoft account to my digital license.
    2. Via "netplwiz", I have deselected "User must enter a user name and password to use this computer" for the said account.
    3. I have set a Windows Hello PIN.
    4. At Windows startups, I have to enter either the password or the PIN.

How can I spare the trouble of entering them?

Matthew Wai, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Windows 10 forces me to enter PIN / password on startup now. How can I revert this?

Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 forces me to enter PIN / password on startup now. How can I revert this?

1. Windows 10 forces me to enter PIN / password on startup now. How can I revert this? - Similar Threads - forces enter PIN

2. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  3. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  4. Win 10 - MSCONFIG - Only pin visible - I know pin and password - Can not enter password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 - MSCONFIG - Only pin visible - I know pin and password - Can not enter password.: So... I did the stupid thing some of users in this forum did. I played with MSCONFIG and set it to start in safemode. My problem is that I can not in anyway get the password input-box to appear, only the PIN. And as it turns out PIN is not a valid method to lig in to...
  5. Windows 10 - keyboard won't allow me to enter pin on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - keyboard won't allow me to enter pin on startup: Whenever I start my laptop, I am not able to enter the pin using keyboard. Then I need to lock my laptop using the power button and reopen it to make the keyboard work. Anyone knows how to fix this? submitted by /u/frizsv [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password: I did a Windows update and now the startup window is only asking me for a pin with no option to enter a password. I never set up a pin, so there is no way for me to login. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions? submitted by /u/dj_b [link] [comments]...
  7. Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?: 1. I have linked my Microsoft account to my digital license. 2. Via "netplwiz", I have deselected "User must enter a user name and password to use this computer" for the said account. 3. I have set a Windows Hello PIN. 4. At Windows startups, I have to enter either the...
  8. Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup: In the past I have used a PIN to log in to my desktop. I have removed the PIN for a short period of time and want to start using it again. I went to Settings - Accounts - Sign-In Options and added my new PIN. It says that my PIN is set up to sign in to Windows, etc but when I...
  9. Windows 10 - Bitlocker Drive Encryption - how to enter passwords on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Bitlocker Drive Encryption - how to enter passwords on startup: I am using Windows 10 Professional on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4. I also use a SD card for additional storage, which I have encrypted with Bitlocker. When I start the computer, using either the pin or face recognition, the main drive is automatically accessed, however...
  10. won't let me enter password on first startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    won't let me enter password on first startup: After pressing the start button when the fist window appears I used to click the spacebar and then I could enter my password. Not anymore since the last update a few days ago. Now I have to shut down , start again and then I can enter the password....