Windows 10: Windows 10 Forces Updates and disconnects network

Discus and support Windows 10 Forces Updates and disconnects network in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just wasted more than 2 hours working on an online job resume. Windows had an update hiding on my computer and disconnected my Wifi network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkSchroeder2, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Forces Updates and disconnects network

I have just wasted more than 2 hours working on an online job resume. Windows had an update hiding on my computer and disconnected my Wifi network connection in the middle of it. This happens frequently. Microsoft needs to stop this practice as it ruins a lot of work for many people. I have lost valuable time and composed information due to this agressive service approach that Microsoft appears to be very comfortable with. I have no issues with updates being applied when prompted or if a critical update is needed, just prompt me. But PLEASE STOP SHUTTING OFF MY NETWORK CONNECTION behind the scene. It is DESTRUCTIVE!!!!!!

:)

MarkSchroeder2, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Dec 15, 2018
  3. m4gicfour Win User

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Octopuss Win User

Windows 10 Forces Updates and disconnects network

Is there any link with list of everything related to this for those who want to do it manually?

Octopuss, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Forces Updates and disconnects network

1. Windows 10 Forces Updates and disconnects network - Similar Threads - Forces Updates disconnects

2. network disconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network disconnect: My network disconnect while on game. Sometimes I need to restart to properly reconnect itself. It will not stay connected unless I stop playing. Is this an ongoing issue? This is a desktop computer and im connected via wired....
  3. network disconnections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network disconnections: hello, i have issues with my internet. not my internet service, the whole issue revolves around my laptop. i have continous issues on internet loading. i have to refresh multiple times or a webpage to load. another issue revolves around a game i play. i lose connection in...
  4. Frequent network disconnection after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frequent network disconnection after Windows update.: Every time Windows does a major update, it somehow disconnects my peer to peer network. I have checked to make sure network discovery is turned on and i have made sure the password is turned off. But i am still getting a thing asking me for my credentials. The mapped...
  5. Windows 10 forced updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 forced updates: when will Microsoft stop messing up my computer with these forced updates?in the past two months I had three problems.they knocked out my wifi driver,then my audio driver and recently messed up my security. ***Moved From: Windows 10/Performance & system failures***...
  6. windows 10 forced updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 forced updates: when will Microsoft stop messing up my computer with these forced updates?in the past two months I had three problems.they knocked out my wifi driver,then my audio driver and recently messed up my security....
  7. Windows 10 Forced Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Forced Updates: Once again, I'm going to ask you to please stop crippling my computer with your unwanted "feature updates". But really, there is no way of getting through to you, is there? Over and over I've tried to explain that my laptop just doesn't have room for your updates. No, I can't...
  8. Forced Windows 10 Update!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forced Windows 10 Update!?: After couple of updates I noticed a change in the laptop's performance. Another issue is that the sound quality got worse and a strange buzz sound can be heard sometimes when playing music or watching a video. Another issue I am MAD about! I have been forced to...
  9. Network adapter disconnecting on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter disconnecting on windows 10: Hi, for the past few days my internet keeps disconnecting on a Windows 10 pc once or twice a day, it will automatically re-connect a few seconds later. I ran Troubleshooting and it said I have a problem with the wireless adapter or access point, and that it fixed the...
  10. windows 10 forced updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 forced updates: I have just received news with regards to updates for windows 10. Microsoft are going to make these updates mandatory, you will be able to refuse them, but should you wish to download further updates you will have to install the updates you have refused. also if you read the...